Online PEC Code Database

Discussion in 'Misc PSX Discussion' started by Slynderdale, May 17, 2007.

1. Slynderdale

Slynderdale Scriptmonkey

Just because I like you guys so much, I went and made a small website that takes all the codes from the CMGSCCC website and automatically convert them into PEC compatible database files. All you have to do is browse for the game in the navigation fields or enter the ID to the game and thats it. The page does the rest for you and does all the parsing and generating.

I would like to note that this script is still a work in progress. It should be able to correctly generate a database for about 90% of the PS1 games out there. If it does run into an error, it will spit out an error page and either post the error here or email me and I'll fix it ASAP.

Now, the script is pretty feature complete as it is. I took into account everything PEC has to offer. Heres what the script does:
    • Generates PEC formatted Master Codes
    • Create quanity lists for the codes that allow user input
    • Supports notes and warnings supplied by the CMGSCCC for the corresponding codes
    • Generated PRC formatted Joker codes
    • Multi-dimensional naming structure Ex.User 1/Stats/Health
    • Generates codes from all the code pages for the game
    • And much much more

Well, I hope you guys enjoy it. Also feel free to post suggestions, comments and ideas you have to improve the page.

Current to-do list:
    Remove the dependacy on javascript and use more user friendly urls.

URL:
    PEC CMGSCCC Code Database

To the staff:
    If you guys can, can you sticky this thread? Its a useful refrence material for those seeking help about PS1 codes. :) Thanks in advance.
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. hushypushy

hushypushy <font color=#FFFFFF><b>the only one you've ever SE Contributors

I think I will sticky this one...and a link from the FAQ as well.

And I'm starting to get pissed at people making stupid replies to good stickied threads. Therefore, post in this thread ONLY relevant information. Talk about the site, ask Slynderdale a question about it or say thanks, submit bug reports, give suggestions, etc. DO NOT post useless questions, including, but not limited to, cheat requests, code troubleshooting (eg, 'I enter this and it doesn't work'), and extraneous bullcrap. Instead of leaving the posts, warning people, and clogging up the thread, all offending posts will simply be deleted and you'll receive a warning.
    Last edited: May 17, 2007
  4. Slynderdale

Slynderdale Scriptmonkey

Thanks hushypushy for the sticky and making clear to use this thread for bug reports and such. I really appreciate it. :)

As Hushpushy said, if you have problems with the codes themselves, don't report them to me. I don't create the codes, all I do is format them into a PEC compatibe database file. On the other hand, if you have a problem with the database file or with the site, then feel free to report the problem to me.
  5. Slynderdale

Slynderdale Scriptmonkey

Sorry about my absence, I was a bit busy. I just wanted to give you an update on my PEC Database Site. I know about the recent errors and I'm working on totally overhauling my PEC Database to make it compatible with all the games. This includes Star Ocean, Valkyrie Profile, Suikoden and the others. So expect an update soon my friends.
  6. Callfax

Callfax FatAndFree

1 Question

I hope this does not go into the realm of stupid question, but seeing as i am new to the emu game I will take a shot. my question is after you get the code list from your site how do you get it into PEC?
  7. Vessol

Vessol New Member

I am getting errors when I look up some various games. Just tried Stat Ocean: Second Story and Suikoden 2. Neither worked, gave me an error.
  8. Anatasia

Anatasia 越南にて

U have to enter the ID of the game.Like Star Ocean is 1959 or 2947(jap).Suikoden 2 is 1990.Maybe just simple go to the alphabet and use Ctrl+F
  9. Vessol

Vessol New Member

10. Anatasia

Anatasia 越南にて

Uh oh,I was too careless.Sorry.Now I return to the tradition with Pecedit and CMGSCCC.
  11. Vessol

Vessol New Member

Uh...yeah. Now the whole site won't work D:.
  12. Septum

Septum New Member

Help please. The site won't work. I had the file once before but I forgot to back it up when I got a new computer. Can someone upload the file somewhere perhaps? Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Nvm I got it. If anyone still wants it, let me know.
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2010
  13. maurocds

maurocds Member

14. theunborn990

theunborn990 Emulated Gaming God

I was just wondering how to get the codes from the download into PEC I tried right click instal. I moved it to the pec folder. I just cant get it working if you could please shed some light on my distress i would be very thankful. but aside form this trouble great job on the site.
  15. Ultimarok

Ultimarok Some Guy

Is there a way to get Slynderdale's database back up? Seems like he is inactive and his website is down. Is there someone else that can take over and put this back up? I believe there's been a fair bit of new cheats ever since the 2010 file that was posted in this thread as well, although I can't recall which ones offhand.

Would love to save time with inputting cheats manually into PEC.
  16. bigdaddie

bigdaddie New Member

Here's a more recent codelist:
    http://psxdatacenter.com/downloads.html