Opening two seperate gba pokemon titles on a linked no$gba

Discussion in 'No$GBA Discussion' started by Xanxos, Mar 29, 2008.

1. Xanxos

Xanxos New Member

So basically i've been looking for an answer to this question all night. I can't seem to find anywhere that'll tell me how to open a Fire Red rom and a emerald rom on the same no@gba emulator with the link feature. I can open up one game but it won't let me open the other on the other screen simultaneously. It can only play one game at a time. Is this just a hardware limitation, or is there some way around this that i'm not informed of? Any help would be greatly appreciated
    ~Xan

Edit:
    Okay i was able to look up past posts and found out how to open two seperate games, but now my problem is only the first game actually has a save file. My second game only comes up with a new game option is there any way to fix this?
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2008
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. es3ado

es3ado Member

That's maybe because all pokefans are using VBA Link thus, they only made tutorials for VBA Link only.

Yes, there is. Just change the save file extension of for the second game.
    no$gba uses *.sav for the first game and *.sv# (#=2~4) for the others.

Anyway, i would recommend VBA Link for linking...
    Just remember to convert your no$gba save files to the VBA format before using them on VBA Link.
  4. Xanxos

Xanxos New Member

Well I changed the saved file extensions but the emulator still isn't reading the save data. Any suggestions? or should i cut my losses and just use the vba link?
  5. Mynemisbat-Zul

Mynemisbat-Zul TheT2R

6. hickname

hickname New Member

Extensions must be .sa1 and .sa2, not the .sv1 and .sv2
    Maybe this will solve problem...
  7. tom_mai78101

tom_mai78101 No$gba Philospher

For 2.6 and up. Has to be up.

1. Open your game with No$gba.
    2. Press F12.
    3. Select your game (or another game). Don't press anything yet.
    4. Bottom of the selection menu prompt, choose "2nd machine" from the drop-down menu.
    5. Now, press Open. It should run the game on one screen.
    6. Right-click No$gba's screen.
    7. Press Link.
    8. Done.

Your save files should mostly be: SAV and SV2. Just change the name tags for that file, and you're okay. Remember to save it in the BATTERY file. If you had not used the 2nd machine/screen/gba to play your games, it meant that it's a new game when you open that game. It doesn't have a saved data at all for that 2nd machine/screen/gba.

Which one is for which gba? Former: The 1st machine/screen/gba. Latter: The 2nd Machine/screen/gba.
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2008
  8. redsoul

redsoul New Member

We are talking about No$gba not Vba but you are correct it's sa1, sa2, sa3, sa4 for vbalink and it's sv2 sv3 sv4 ect. for No$GBA.

this method of yours is not reliable what i do is:
    1.Open No$GBA with the game you want without autostart 1st machine
    2.Press F12
    3.Switch 1st machine to 2nd machine with autostart and chose your game
    4.It should open a second screen with the second game

Try it out for yourself.
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2008
  9. tom_mai78101

tom_mai78101 No$gba Philospher

Weird, it's different on mine.
  10. landus

landus Some Guy

yes i had that on mine and figered out that if u wana use the data from ur other game go into the batery folder and copy the save and just change the .sav to .sv2
    so if the save is under the name landus.sav copy it and name the copy landus.sv2
  11. jeli13

jeli13 New Member

i tried everything you said, but whenever i try to link leaf green and fire red, i get an error and no$gba shuts down. i already renamed the save files, i tried the converter but vba always starts a new game and doesn't load my save file. i really want to link. does anybody have the same problem? i really need help.
  12. imlost

imlost ಠ_ಠ

Open up the ini file in your no$gba folder and look for the line "SAV/SNA File Format." Change the Compressed/Uncompressed to Raw, and save in your game. Then import the save to vba.
  13. es3ado

es3ado Member

no$gba is not supposed to be used in this way...
    The process of linking two different games is done trough a glitch. Therefore, no$gba performance is quite unstable and tends to crash.
    It is known that using a GBA bios file prevents no$gba from crashing with some games but it will still crash some times, just less often.

That's because you did something wrong and generated a corrupted save file.
    The game recognize it and avoids using it.

Just read the save file converter instructions carefully and try again.

You're probably forgetting to change no$gba configuration and saving again as imlost points out.