Parasite Eve 2 UK Patch

Discussion in 'ePSXe Discussion' started by SimonMallion, Feb 7, 2002.

1. SimonMallion

SimonMallion Emu author Emu Author

After reading many people having troubles with Parasite Eve 2 and ePSXe, I did some investigating to see if I could in fact get the game to work properly in ePSXe 1.5.0. I tried the -pe2 command line switch after reading about it in the help file, but later found in this message board that that may not be necessary due to ePSXe detecting some versions of PE2 and automatically applying the fix. I then found that you also need to use the -nocdinc command line switch to get around other places where it freezes in the game (eg. needed to get to the escalator to go up to the observatory in acropolis (sp?) tower). ePSXe was fine and did not freeze until the point where you meet Pierce again and you get sent to the desert - after the MDEC plays, a freeze occurs again. After trying changing country from NTSC to PAL and vica versa, and also trying the F6 disable XA read, I still could not get past this point. Then I thought to see if it was in fact some protection on the CD. I looked for a patch to fix the protection. I did find one, then applied it to my PE2 image file, and then I was able to carry on in the game. I noticed that there were in fact two protection patches for the UK version, one of which did not work. The other (called stc-p2pn.zip) does in fact work, it also includes a trainer which enables you to select NTSC or PAL mode. When I ran the game I had ePSXe's country set to NTSC and chose PAL when I started the game. I have not come across a problem yet. To find this patch go here: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=stc-p2pn.zip . Hopefully this will get UK users running again. I did also notice that there were protection fixes for other regions (from that well known site which I cannot mention here).

Another thing I noticed was the ePSXe's auto patching did not work on this occasion, ePSXe gave me an opcode error, but applying the patch to my image file worked for some reason.
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2002
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. lu_zero

lu_zero New Member

hmm
    why bother?

FPSE and Psinex work ...

moreover why put that thread here?
  4. liquid

liquid Ebichu!

Thanks for the information. I'm from the US, and according to the list our version doesn't have the LibCrypt protection. I don't have the game so I wouldn't know if the NTSC U/C version has the same issues...
  5. SimonMallion

Mmm, FPSe was crashing when walking down the stairs in the acropolis. I was in fact using FPSe to get past some parts and PSinex rev 4 in others. I could not get PSinex rev 5 to run properly yet, but I still need to spend some time configuring PSinex rev 5.
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2002
  6. lu_zero

lu_zero New Member

hmmm
    strange
    I have no ideas
    if you app the LC removing crack the game is just like any other
    (so is strange that you have so many problems on those 3 emus since you already patched/cracked it)
  7. SimonMallion

I haven't tried running FPSe or PSinex since I patched it, ePSXe seems to play it fine at the moment.
  8. SimonMallion

Update: Parasite Eve 2 UK runs fine with no patches in Windows ME, It seems that Windows XP was the problem. :)