PCSX2 Graphics VS Dolphin Graphics?

Discussion in 'Software Discussion' started by Lumbeeslayer, May 4, 2012.

1. Lumbeeslayer

Lumbeeslayer New Member

what emulator do u think render better and has better detail at rendering in HD
    PS2 VS GCN what has better graphics I think PS2 has better graphics then GCN i notice pcsx2 has sharper textures what do u think?
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. IDSG89

IDSG89 New Member

For me it's dolphin which has better graphics, everything looks sharper, less blurry, games like Smash Brothers, Remake, Soul Calibur, Zelda are more detailed than the PS2 games in pcsx2, obviously there are some exceptions such as GT4 or GoW
    Last edited: May 4, 2012
  4. the_randomizer

the_randomizer Fluffy Animal Admirer

The PS2 GPU was the weakest of the last gen consoles, so, yeah.
  5. Lumbeeslayer

Lumbeeslayer New Member

what about final fantasy X that game looks so amazing on pcsx2, i think the most gorgeous game on dolphin is windwaker, i also think pcsx2 has less graphical glitches
    on pcsx2 you can set the internal resolution to x6 which is 3072 x 2688 as of dolphin you can only go to x4 2560x2112
    DX11 is by far the best cause it shows more details and sharper pixels but is only on dolphin PS2 has more real life like graphics and by that i mean graphics like grand thief auto,
  6. thelittlegumnut

thelittlegumnut New Member

FFX and FFXII had pretty awesome rendering effects during cutscenes. but the fact dolphin can run so well in full resolution...
  7. Strike105X

Strike105X ヒットハード&高速 Award Winner!

I'd go with dolphin, has more improvement options, plus you can even use custom textures in some cases (not to mention that GC by default did had better textures rendering possibilities).
  8. ViperXtreme

ViperXtreme Irregular User Award Winner!

PCSX2 vs Dolphin?

9. DaMan

DaMan Member

8bit textures with no mipmapping were noticable if you were looking in SD but hard to miss in HD so I'm going to go with Dolphin.
  10. the_randomizer

The trees on the gamecube look like real trees. On the PS2, they look as though they were from an N64 game.
  11. Kaizen

Kaizen Qu'ils mangent de la brioche Award Winner!

Dolphin as wii games use better lighting effects on average than ps2.
    The internal res and aa can always be expanded and textures suck on both for most games.

Windwaker is one of the worst showcases for graphics on dolphin. The aspect ratio is archaic and the graphics look just plain bad.

Imo the best two games for the wii are xenoblade chronicles and mario galaxy 2. Third best graphics is that crazy fishtank game.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Last edited: May 5, 2012
  12. SCHUMI_4EVER

SCHUMI_4EVER Hackin 'n Slashin Staff Member Award Winner!

Kaizen, for Dolphin he just meant Gamecube games. Obviously the Wii ones would look best, they're MUCH more modern.
  13. Kaizen

Well, dolphin emulates wii so 1 -0 for pedantism!
  14. Strike105X

Strike105X ヒットハード&高速 Award Winner!

Fixed :p.
  15. the_randomizer

Some Gamecube games look better than Wii games, thanks to lazy third party developers, but then the opposite is true. Some Wii games look better than Gamecube games.
  16. Kaizen

Well the wii plays gamecube games so it emulates the wii and the wii itself is gamecube compatible.

*puts on shades*
  17. Garteal

Garteal New Member

It's the art style. It's cellshaded, meant to have 'simple' textures.

Yeah, technically these consoles don't differ much.
    Some would even go as far to say it's just a -slightly modified- Gamecube in another shell.

Anyway, for the Gamecube I would say that Starfox Adventures looks the best graphically. For the Wii, it's a tie between Xenoblade and The Last Story.
  18. xZabuzax

xZabuzax Member

Comparing Resident Evil 4 from GameCube/Wii to the PS2/PC port is a bad example.

Everybody knows that ports are usually worst, RE4 for PC and PS2 are inferior than the GameCube/Wii, at least in PC theres a patch to put it in HD tho.

For a true comparison you need to use games like God Of War, Shadow of the Colossus etc... since those games push PS2 graphics to the limit.

BTW, obviously you can't bring Wii graphic to the equation since thats a new gen console, if you gonna compare Wii to something then the PS3 and Xbox 360 will beat it by a lot.