PCSX2 keys

Discussion in 'PCSX2 Forum' started by borisbas, Nov 20, 2008.

1. borisbas

borisbas New Member

Could someone knowledgeable on the subject plz upload some kind of key list for PCSX2 emu and popular plugins (like gsdx or zeroGS), usual stuff (like savestates) and the not-so-usual (like a fast-fwd key, if any)

Thanks
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. emwearz

emwearz <font color="#FF0080"><b>Moderator<font color="#AA Award Winner!

Key list? You configure the controls yourself.
    Go to the plugins forum and get yourself the latest build of GSDX, there is frameskipping (Closest thing to 'fast-fwd') you toggle through the modes ingame by press F4.
  4. borisbas

borisbas New Member

I meant in-emu keys, like show fps, change framelimit mode, etc. :)
  5. ryllian

ryllian $2 per holla

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Which brings me to the conclusion that you must suffer from selective blindness.

Oh, and F4 for toggle frame skip mode, and esc to exit :).
  6. borisbas

borisbas New Member

No, I don't suffer from selective blindness, I just thought that maybe there's a unified list :)

For example, up until recently I had no idea that pete's PSX1 gpu plugins can do fast-forward when you hold the '9' key... that could have saved HOURS with games like FF and their random encounters... ;)
  7. ryllian

ryllian $2 per holla

You realize that most people's computers fail to even get even 40% fullspeed on pcsx2 right? Whereas psx emulators can run playable on anything ranging from old 1ghz celeron PCs to an ipod.

The "fast forward" function in emulators like epsxe is simply a toggle for the framelimiter, which caps the speed at 50/60fps. You will never get the same fast forward effect in pcsx2 unless your playing a compatible game like FFX and you have a 4ghz+ C2D.

For example, on my CPU @ 3ghz stock, if I toggle framelimit off whilst playing FFX, I get perhaps a 15fps boost in battles, whereas the framelimit toggle function in epsxe won't even work for me because it shoots up into 999fps and then the emulator crashes.

Sorry for being harsh, but did you even bother running the emulator once before posting?
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2008
  8. grfla2

grfla2 New Member

As said, F4 switches between various speed modes: unlimited, limited, frameskip and vu skip.
    frameskipping & vu skipping are glitcy - though they never crashed for me yet (haven't played many games).
    You can press F4 3 times to set the speed mode to unlimited and then F4 once more to limit it again.

As for usefulness - it'd be great to have a turbo button - I found myself using the annoying F4 button in FFX (where I can usually get 150-300%, depending on amount of stuff onscreen) and ToTA (where I get mostly 100% ingame and 200% during loading screens (which are very slow in ToTA due to a needed gamehack)).
  9. SummonOfYuna

SummonOfYuna New Member

You can also shift+F4 to get back to the previous frameskip mode :thumb:
  10. grfla2

grfla2 New Member

That's nice to know. Thanks, SummonOfYuna.
  11. t0x1n

t0x1n New Member

I apologize for the resurrection, but the photos are down, do you mind uploading them again ?

The only other reference to this subject I could find was this:
    Available shortcut for pcsx2,for now?

Perhaps a sticky for the shortcuts could be nice for newbies (such as myself)?

Thanks !