PCSX2 (SVN) Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'PCSX2 Forum' started by KrossX, Jan 2, 2010.

1. KrossX

KrossX クロスエックス

Because there should one! For SVN related stuff.
    But not X or Y's possibly improperly compiled builds. (Hard core Rikki)

// Perhaps a mini-FAQ here...
    PCSX2 Project - Wiki

// Disclaimer? Tryout...
    Note: For support on PCSX2, use the official and official beta builds.
    SVN builds are basicly unsupported, specially modified ones.

// Builds links...

Compile your own (Prafull)

Compilation Guide - Linux
    Compilation Guide - Windows
    Last edited: May 18, 2010
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. redlofredlof

redlofredlof troubleshooter Award Winner!

There is already a thread for SVN
  4. KrossX

KrossX クロスエックス

Never saw it. Where is it? O_O
  5. redlofredlof

6. KrossX

KrossX クロスエックス

But that's for the Beta, not the SVN. It also seems to be quite restrictive and ment mostly for developers. That is, as opposed to the Dolphin SVN thread, which is what I ment but for PCSX2 with this one.

Nevertheless, you seem to consider it to be the same, so I shall abide by it. I hereby request this thread to be closed.
  7. redlofredlof

its not as you think, this is not the official pcsx2 forum anymore so you can take a chill pill. :)
  8. KrossX

KrossX クロスエックス

That's good to know. :)
  9. rama2

rama2 Emu author Emu Author

Oh, you found the old beta thread! :p

Anyway, feel free to start a new svn thread, or just keep using the old beta thread.
    It's rules are all outdated, as the team has lowered these restrictions.
    (They were needed once, back when things were very chaotic. Not anymore :p )
  10. timmah2000

timmah2000 New Member

You probably already knew this but cycle hacks x3 doesn't work. I can get it to work but first i have to change it in the .ini file. then make that file read only. It's difficult to get the audio not to seem horrific with all original speedhacks( without the 2d optimitization). +1 vu on with 2 vu cycle stealing without the vu cycle speed hacks. but i have settings that work fairly well. to get cycle rate x3 to work. First go to pcsx2 in task mgr(real time) Second, hit run cdrom or run iso then if you have an os that does the task manager prompt, hit ctrl alt del wait for sound. If you don't have controls. Run again without realtime. make a save state. If you gain focus load it.

Here are the sound sync settings for cycle hacks 3.(just out of curiosity is there any way
    to split the vu and use it only for certain tasks. I think the vu is primaryly important for certain intense in game engine sequences. Having it on all the time messes with the sync. I was able to get 60 fps in the public beta but the controls didn't feel fluid for that speed. I also can't get guitar hero 2 to work. Its also at 60 fps but the emulator ignores the frets usually.(it did work at one point im not that bad) I think if i got rid of the cycle hacks it would fix it but then i wouldn't be able to play it at 60 fps. Is there anyway to implement a low level vu that doesn't mess with the sync of the cycle rate. Oh right the settings.

spu2:
    waveout buffers 8
    latency 68
    interpolation: none
    sequence length: 90
    seekwindow size: 10
    overlay:15
  11. redlofredlof

Thsi will be rama's fav thread :D
  12. rama2

Turn off all the hacks and buy a faster pc. You clearly have no idea what you're doing ><
  13. timmah2000

timmah2000 New Member

rama have you tried those sound settings. clearly the coders didn't want x 3 cycle hacks enabled but i put it in anyway because i had already been able to get around the audio problems associated with it. It actually works well for a couple of games and uses less power. Crash twinsanity works great with these settings and the sound is synched well. the only i can say about them is their the polar opposite of the original settings without the microvu which was odd and as pointless as you think x3 cycles is. its useful for some games like shadow of colossus and i just showed a lot of the glitches associated with it. And Not only that but it can run and run well. I'm not sure what your problem is. why include a setting if you don't intend for it to be used. im really getting sick of that revert back to x2 cycles glitch. Your a coder, every idiot says buy a faster pc. Not to mention everything is now running well for me. i wonder how slow of a processor could theoretically run crash twinsanity (never mind no pc that slow would have sse41)
  14. rama2

No, because I know what the x3 hack does. It really breaks emulation to the point where the game's threads break up, stall, or just die.
    Of course you can make the resulting problems be less noticable, but frankly there's no point in this when emulation is so bogus already.

Also, where do you see the x3 option? If it's not in the GUI, then clearly we didn't want you to use it ;)
  15. timmah2000

timmah2000 New Member

. Its in the svn build but it deactivates automatically when exiting so you have to make the .ini readonly. i changed a lot of settings. i underflow the vu and then have all the overflow options enabled for the fpu. Although i don't need it., a sync hack for x 3 cycles might not be a bad idea(to fix the responsiveness of the controls or more accurately make it seem like they work when they don't) If you could do that. you could get pcsx2 to run on a lot of pcs.(well slow pcs with good graphics cards). Although it isn't real, the settings make it seem real and it's beyond what anyone thought the emulator was capable a long time ago. the original 0.96 settings for bully show this off. Even without the microvu. I can get the audio to slow down with the frame rate at around 40 fps without any annoying double buffers. the scene in crablesnitches office is indistinguishable. The original movie sequence didn't work until the micro vu was implemented. It should also be noted these settings also work great on the default cycle rate. Also ive gotten the x3 cycles hack to get back in sync by leaving to a new area or simply just open the pause menu a couple times. Are you telling me a refresh hack couldn't be enabled to take advantage of x3 cycles. If I can do it manually occasionally, it should be possible even if it seems wrong because of fauxness and incompatible. I'll say this, I've never had a game freeze with my x3 cycle settings.(Unless
    you turn off fpu extra overflow) that will cause the game to lock up.
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2010
  16. rama2

Read my reply above. There is no need to "test" it. I know it's bad.

We removed the x3 option because it is bad. Please understand now. Even your Crash game will have a problem sooner or later.
  17. timmah2000

timmah2000 New Member

it is not bad. the scene in crablesnitches offices synchs perfectly. the microvu is what causes many of these problems. If I can fix the problems associated with x3 cycles simply by resuming the game. I know its possible with vu cycles and I know that movie sequences work well with x3 cycles because i played the game with these settings but it works better in the svn. But you need different settings for bully without the microvu which are in the screenshots. Why are you being so bullheaded. Even if it is an illusion, movie sequences that aren't microvu intensive perfectly sync to the game. not only that but the controls also run perfectly when their refreshed, but the threads break, it's unstable, i don't code and i can refresh the threads. It would be a major accomplishment for the emulator and your not even willing to give it a try. Who cares if it's fake. This optimization would make it the fastest emulator ever made. Although it would be inferior to the perfect settings.

If you haven't tried it you won't know how it will work. I know without extreme technical knowledge what you know. I've seen threads break and then restore. I've seen a scene go from fluid to unresponsive. But the fatal errors you talk about at least the way ive been using it do not exist on the games i have played. you simply don't want to do it because it is beyond what you had originally intended. In fact when i beat crash twinsanity on pcsx2 on the svn ill show you a screenshot. the only problem that exists is that the threads have to be refreshed and restored manually but that's a fixable problem. here ill send you a movie okay will that do it. (also you didn't remove it you told people it was there and then changed the .ini file back to the default on exit or even when a game is launched.
  18. rama2

You can prolly finish a lot of games on a x3 hacked pcsx2, but me and the rest of the team don't care.
    A modified cycle rate artificially increases the framerate, and with x3 and up, it does this by slowing down the actual game.
    You see pretty (fake) fps, the game literally dies.
    Did you ever try to run Crysis on a 200Mhz Pentium2 processor? That is what you're trying to do.

I say it again, turn off the hacks and buy a new computer. Or overclock yours. Same thing.
  19. redlofredlof

Don't let yourself get bothered by noobs. No matter how much you try to make them understand they will never listen to you and keep on saying the same thing over and over.
  20. KrossX

KrossX クロスエックス

It seems to be a quite intensive patience test. >_<
  21. timmah2000

timmah2000 New Member

just of curiosity since the frame limiter is completely pointless in pcsx2. this is the only alternative. its the equivalent of playing dk on frame skip 2. yes not everythings there but its barely noticeable and although it may be slower it isn't very perceptable. If you want to see things that slow down your game. look at the frame limiter. any of them. i mean i don't understand whats wrong with fluid controls and fake synched movie sequences all caused by a clever illusion like x3 cycle hacks that decreases the output. the movie sequences are synched probably. my controls work well. i though this was a emulator designed to emulate ps2s on pc. not pure machine accurate emuation. Now come on now you know thats a stupid slippery slope argument. THe persception change from crysis ona 200 mhz would be immense. This clever hack shows relatively no difference. It's really amazing. I'm not sure why you wouldn't want to expand its usefullness. It's pcsx2 0.96 largest improvement.(well i haven't look at the playgrounds). no its not for everyone but not everyone plays dkc2 on frameskip 2. If clever observations about pcsx2 weren't made you wouldn't have the emulator you have today. I'm not a programmer, but i notice that certain things happen when the emulator is paused or resumed in x 3 cycle mode. most of the time. it doubles the frame rate. Yes maybe for you you made all the observations and did all the programming, but that doesn't mean good ideas should be thrown away just because i don't know how to implement them. the only i can say is that if the very act of refreshing required the default cycle rate i would say fine but i tried god of war in 0.96 without the micro vu and it still needed the x3 cycle hack, so if i don't have the processing power for the default cycle rate, that refresh glitch is causing the speed increase and therefore i don't see why a fix could'n't be emulated. the sad thing is i have a feeling this wouldn't be tough compared the other hacks youve created, but you don't want to try it because you don't believe that what im saying means that or should mean that, or lets make sure only 3.0 ghz pcs can run pcsx2. that would mean nothing has really changed in the emulator in the grand scheme except compatibility. or lets only focus on getting a 3.0 ghz dc pc to play kh at 60 yesterday,120 today, and then also several other games, but ill also factor the awesome microvu leap forward. my point is if all you care about is allowing sweet spot hardware to emulate the ps2 your not making the major advancements you could be. for example new labtops with weak 1.8 dc(i7) processors can get about 8 hours of battery life that really changes the usefulness of pcsx2 doesn't it