PCSXR-PGXP

Discussion in 'PCSX Discussion' started by iCatButler, Aug 8, 2016.

1. Thirteen1355

Thirteen1355 The Incinerator

BTW, the music in the Dreamcast version, which you call from the PS1 version, is in every eversion except for the N64 version.

Here's a nice list:
    You could consider the PC version as the default one, even though N64 was first:
    -PC
    -N64: Everything is the same, except for lower music and texture quality
    -PS1: Instead of lower music and texture quality (sound was technically even better because of voice acting), they butchered the content of the game, and the graphics.
    -DC: The default version with upgraded textures and other visual details, some loose additional content, and a new level select map
    -PS2: The technical graphics quality could even be a bit lower than DC. The upgrades here are done in the content and objects. The levels are mainly more beautiful because of (instead of DC texture improbements), more objects in the levels (more plants, for example), adding a new level of detail in the game. The game has voice acting (different from PS1) and still the option to choose gibberish ('Raymanian', with some added voice clips). The game now has a hub world, not just loosely added in, but integrated into the game, with abilities added in order to gain access to different areas, making the game less linear and more like Banjo Kazooie (some cages you can only get with certain abilities).
    Unfortunately, framerate is only 30 Fps) whereas most other versions have 60) and the game has some longer loading times.
  2. the_randomizer

the_randomizer Fluffy Animal Admirer

PCSX2 1.4.0 seems to run a lot better, so....can't help ya there.
  3. didado

didado New Member

4. Thirteen1355

That version of Dolphin is fucking shit.

It doesn't improve anything, let alone speed. It does at least give you some nice graphical glitches.
  5. Reventon2010

Reventon2010 New Member

Opengl is better on NVidia Cards. But 1.5.0 takes away the ability to use Opengl on 3.3 feature Cards. You must have 4.0 support. So for me, 1.4.0 probably will be better.
  6. didado

didado New Member

Mmm that depends on the game and tweak you have on.. :p . Not so negative Thirteen1355 i was trying to help :cool:
    I like it when more programmers try different things. Its shit and good at the same time.. Agreed? ;)

I have a good computer, i2700k @ 4,2 and a GTX1080 with 16GB ram. So the accurate master brand works well for me.
  7. Reventon2010

Reventon2010 New Member

Bit of a Beast Rig you got going on there.

How is the new Pascal (1000 series) Architecture? Any glitches or bugs?
  8. fischkopf

fischkopf Member

There's also reicast, originally a dreamcast emulator for android but it has Windows builds: http://builds.reicast.com/
  9. didado

didado New Member

Hey Reverton2010,

No noticeable problems since I have it. I got the founders edition. I have a 4k Asus screen and this card is more capable of filling the pixels. ;)

My previous card was a GTX780 and this card performs the same only way faster with higher settings. (GTX780 3GB vs GTX1080 8GB GDDR5X)

If I encounter bugs with this card I will tell :)
  10. TheDimensioner

TheDimensioner New Member

@didado I've tested Ishiiruka Dolphin twice on this computer, once when I first started messing with Game Cube/Wii emulation (not many options there, sadly), and another time when Dolphin dev builds started removing features I used a lot, or adding forceful accuracy settings which my system couldn't handle (those were "rounded" on the latest builds, at least). Both times I tested Ishiiruka, it sadly failed me. It's cool that it keeps most of the support for old APIs and tries to add features "universally" (like shaders for D3D), but from what I could see, it's only one person doing this, which might not give much time to test so many different features. The first time I ran Twilight Princess on DirectX 9, it had many graphical bugs. After reading a little about it, I saw old paragraphs on the Dolphin wiki explaining that this game had those bugs on D3D9, so I saw that this feature was simply left on Ishiiruka, without much or any improvement to it. The "team" also incorporates most of the "relevant" dev build improvements to the newest Ishiiruka builds as well, which is nice, but it seems to go untested as well. The last time I tried the branch, I tried to go vanilla Dolphin, by using similar settings that I used on the official, but Ishiiruka simply crashed.

That's why I won't use it for some time, unless the official devs really f***'s up by not letting me play the way I want to anymore (they removed support for a patch recently, that made Wind Waker widescreen, with the HUD at 4:3 with no stretching; I've sent an issue report, but it hasn't been answered; not really their fault since that thing was "unofficial").

@the_randomizer, @Reventon2010 I didn't know PCSX2 1.4.0 had OpenGL 3.3 support, but it surely does not have the latest improvements (like better de-interlacing, some games used to give me headaches). Some games work well on the latest build, using GSdx SSE2, but mostly at 50FPS or so... The MTVU speed hack improves that, but the CPU usage jumps to 100% (mine is dual core, and the hack asks for 3 XD), so I don't wanna give my CPU a quick death by playing with it too much.

@fischkopf I've used reicast a bit, but it was very buggy. Impressively the Retroarch reicast core works better, but the current glitches are similar to the latest (last?) nullDC build. There's also Chankast XD. I used that, before discovering that some game dumps (generally compressed) need a DC backup loader to work on nullDC (but only on an older GDR plugin).
  11. Reventon2010

Reventon2010 New Member

I tried Official Dolphin 5.0 when it released. And I think DX11 works. It falls back to DX10 Compatibility mode. Can't remember if Opengl works though. I'll have to retry it.

Edit - I just remembered some AMD cpu's can be unlocked to Triple/Quad Cores. Have a look here to see if yours has any Unlock capabilities:
    http://www.overclock.net/t/1005739/what-unlocks-the-unlockable-cpu-reference-list
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2016
  12. TheDimensioner

@Reventon2010 Man, that would suck if AMD sold seamless "refurbished", higher mark CPUs as lower mark, just so people could "unlock" features... But my CPU (Athlon II x2 240 2.8Ghz) is not on the list, so I won't be "itching" to try that just to risk losing it altogether XD.

About Dolphin 5.0, it's a great advancement, but the dev build just after the "stable" release already did some improvements which made it slightly faster on my system. My father is currently playing The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker, and it runs almost great, but I had leave it at native resolution, because some areas of the game only run without stuttering at native (but it can run at 2x or 2.5x in other areas). He doesn't seem to care though XD.

My sister has a 9500GT, and her CPU is 200Mhz faster than mine, but Dolphin runs worse on her PC XD. Most games only do native. And OpenGL is supported, it does fallback to 3.3, but since development on that is dead, games that use current OGL features, will be very slow. Resident Evil 2 and Code Veronica X are the fastest games on Dolphin (for me), and are the only ones that work well on OGL at 2x internal res or more (besides Virtual Console titles, like Mega Drive/Genesis ones, that absolutely need OGL).

And my 9600GT has some DirectX 11 features, at least that's what the last driver says. Max Payne 3 could be forced at DX11 mode.
  13. Reventon2010

Reventon2010 New Member

Does Zelda run at an unlocked 60fps? If it does, try Underclocking the Virtual CPU in Dolphin. That will force it to 30fps. You could probably leave it on 2x then.

Also, your Sisters 9500gt is probably the ddr2 version like mine. Turns out they made a 1gb gddr3 version. That would have worked better. It's terrible seeing people on youtube running games at 5x/6x. And here we are running native lol.
  14. TheDimensioner

The Wind Waker runs at a native 30 FPS. There was a 60 FPS "patch" (actually Gecko codes, there's one for Super Mario Sunshine here), but it was removed, because I think it brought more glitches than enjoyment. There's only 3 sections in the whole game that needs native resolution: the Forsaken Fortress, the Forest Haven and the final boss fight. I've requested hotkeys to change internal resolution on the fly, and my wish came true XD, so now I use "<" to decrease internal resolution, and ">" to increase it (here's proof that I requested that, believe, that guy is me XD). But I don't trust my father with hotkeys, because he might want to make the game "too pretty", without caring about performance :p. It's already difficult for him to take pictographs, it needs EFB2RAM, so another hotkey to be pressed.

My 9600GT is also the DDR2 (Zogis), but it's sort of an "enhanced" model, but not better than EVGA (of course). The 9500gt is also Zogis, but not so inferior. I used to play Skyrim on that, before buying this PC. But emulation is not good for that video card, really XD.
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2016
  15. Reventon2010

Reventon2010 New Member

Nice that they added that feature for you :) My 9500gt is the Palit version. It's Passive cooled. So no fan, just a big heatsink. They were good cards back in the day for Budget users. Just that they're old and scrap now lol.
  16. Thirteen1355

Is there any way to become a moderator on this site?
  17. superjupi

superjupi New Member

As with most forums, the best way to get the position is not to ask.
  18. Thirteen1355

Just let it happen, by magic?
  19. vincentkv

vincentkv New Member

Doesn't this convo belong in another thread? I follow this one for updates about PGXP
  20. Thirteen1355

Oh, I'm sorry.

It's just that I don't really know anyone else on this forum.
  21. vincentkv

vincentkv New Member

It's not just you, the last 2 pages are off-topic