PCSXR-PGXP

Discussion in 'PCSX Discussion' started by iCatButler, Aug 8, 2016.

1. Reventon2010

Reventon2010 New Member

Very strange. I mostly get bounces when going around corners. If I slalom on a straight section, it does it a lot.

I was going to record some footage, but Quick Sync through OBS turned out to be so laggy. And FRAPS will be too slow :(

Oh yeah, Im using the US version.
  2. fischkopf

fischkopf Member

Use Shadowplay then. Looking at your avatar, you seem to have a Nvidia gpu. As an Nvidia card owner, using Shadowplay is really a no-brainer. It almost eats no resources at all. ;)
  3. Reventon2010

Reventon2010 New Member

Unfortunately I use a 9500gt. Not supported in shadowplay. That's why I thought about using my i5's HD2000 igpu to do Quick Sync. Turns out that's worse than people say.
  4. WhiteZero

WhiteZero Scrambled Ninja

Jeebus! Time for an upgrade man.
  5. Reventon2010

Reventon2010 New Member

Yeah. Im hopefully looking towards a 750ti. Or perhaps a 1050ti? Not sure if the 1000 series need time to mature with driver updates though. Anyone with a Pascal card can say if there's any bugs/glitches with them?
  6. the_randomizer

the_randomizer Fluffy Animal Admirer

Late reply, I know, I don't visit these forums as much as I should ><
  7. SueSide

SueSide Member

Hi,

I'm quite enjoying the PGXP builds and I love the look of the xBR filter, but it produces some black line artifacts. For example in FF7 the hand coursor is not filtered and looks terrible. In Vagrant Story the HP/MP-numbers have these black lines.

Is there a fix for this or just the way xBR is implemented?

[​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2016
  8. zackboy

zackboy New Member

@iCatButler I already use the mem heck but I don't see a real difference in the games I tested, the problem with the cpu overclock is the speed in certain games and/or the controls that not respond..
    You maybe saw Tomb Raider (1-5) are pretty fast with, and it's sad in particular with TR3 who has a bad Framerate sometimes..
    But if it's impossible, IMO a perfect emulator has perfet compatibility, doesn't need game specific hack or game specific config. So no problem.

Thank you for considering my requests!:)

@SueSide known issue, no fix yet..
  9. tapeq

tapeq Member

This is xBRZ scaler problem with transparent pixels. xBRZ is complicated scaler so write to @Zenju (xBRZ author) about fixing this.
  10. Reventon2010

Reventon2010 New Member

Hi tapeq. How is your health? You mentioned about surgery before. How did it go? Also, hope you get well :)

One thing I wanted to ask. Could you possibly add Downsampling in the style of PCSX2 and Dolphin? When they render higher than your res, the picture looks amazing. With the tweak, the image seems to stop at your res.

For me, going above 5x on 1440x900 makes no difference. But, the GPU usage is increased. So the game is being rendered higher, it's just not applying to the final image.
  11. tapeq

tapeq Member

ResHack is for this. Values overrides "Internal X/Y Resolution" from settings.
    Pete use 2 x index (where index is value in combobox), with check if(yres == 6) yres = 8, so:
    [internal resolution option in plugin dialog] - [render surface size] - [real internal res multiplier]
    0,0 - 1024x512 - 1x1
    1,1 - 2048x1024 - 2x2
    2,2 - 4096x2048 - 4x4
    2,3 - 4096x4096 - 4x8

You can use bigger values, recommended are set already.
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2016
  12. Reventon2010

Reventon2010 New Member

I have tried bigger values. Lets say, 8x8. That should be roughly 2560x1920. But to look at the edge aliasing pixels, it looks exactly the same as my 1440x900. To take a screenshot at 5x5 and 8x8, they are identical. So I stay at 5x5. Because anything higher for me doesn't make a difference.
  13. tapeq

tapeq Member

14. Reventon2010

Reventon2010 New Member

What is your monitor resolution? If 1920x1080, then that is what's allowing the extra quality. I've calculated that 6x6 (1920x1440) is the highest to make a difference for you. Try 6x6 vs 8x8. I believe the Plugin Internal Res (ResHack) can render "up to" your monitor Res, but not "above". So someone with 3840x2160 can go well above 8x8 (2560x1920) and see a difference.
  15. tapeq

tapeq Member

More sizes: http://imgur.com/a/pQvFp
    You can see less aliasing in 12x12 - book pages on first plane (on the left).
    Note that most PSX games are in 320x240 so you need extreme high resolution to not see any aliasing.
  16. superjupi

superjupi New Member

I had aliasing on my old video card (Radeon HD 6870) no matter how high the internal scaler was cranked up to, but I don't have that issue on my new card (Radeon RX 480), which leads me to believe it's a hardware/driver issue. It's still smoother when paired with a filter, but I no longer need a filter to make the aliasing go away.
  17. Fredator

Fredator New Member

Awesome video! Can you tell me how you managed to have texture filtering enable with PGXP ?

This is what I have without filtering : http://hpics.li/3ba680d

And this with 2xSal: http://hpics.li/5a26082

Thanks!!
  18. iCatButler

iCatButler New Member

Libretro's Beetle/Mednafen core now has a WIP Vulkan renderer, which is being developed in parallel to the existing OpenGL. It will apparently support PGXP among other enhancements :D

Progress looks very impressive already.

Show Spoiler

Disclaimer: I'm not involved in developing this, just rather excited about it :p
    curryking3 and TheDimensioner like this.
  19. tapeq

tapeq Member

First - video is from libretro(ie. RetroArch) not from PCSX.
    Second - do NOT use xBRZ + SAL - this will terrible break textures, check original Petes Tweak thread for more info. (I think you need to disable FBE fallback to nearest).
  20. hoover1979

hoover1979 New Member

PCSX-R worked for me except the perspective correct options did not take hold. I downloaded the opengl tweaks 2.4 and now pcsx-r insta-crashes on every attampt of an ISO load. Event viewer points out Access Violation (0x00000005) and there is no way I can run pcsxr-pgxp of any version with that plugin.

with the 2.3 version of the tweaks plugin games load but the pgxp portion doesn't take hold even when enabled and the textures still pop and distort all over the place like before.

I use 64bit Windows 7, and have DEP removed completely from a script in elevated command prompt.
  21. tapeq

tapeq Member

Use Petes Tweaks plugin included in @iCatButler package, it's different from my original one, ie. use all files from package if first post (currently WIP_PGXP_build_16_08_31.zip)

EDIT: You need to copy gpu*.dll to plugins directory.
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2016