PCSXR-PGXP

Discussion in 'PCSX Discussion' started by iCatButler, Aug 8, 2016.

1. fischkopf

fischkopf Member

Can you post a screenshot of your graphics plugin config window?
  2. TheDimensioner

TheDimensioner New Member

@Kimahri You should be using only the latest wip (WIP_PGXP_build_17_03_19), in case you've overwritten it with the latest PCSX-R (as you mentioned its version), you would be replacing PGXP entirely, since part of the code is in the .exe itself. Also, if the image is like of SolisX's:
    Than, you should disable either xBRz on gpuPeteOpenGL2Tweak.ini inside the inis folder (if you're using the Tweaks plugin provided with the WIP), or simply disable 2xSaI (Hi-res textures option on video plugin GUI). If that does not work, try this:
    A screenshot of your plugin and ini configs could help, as fischkopf pointed. And also the game you're playing, since there are still games out there that will have emulation problems "out of the box".
  3. Kimahri

Kimahri Kitty-kun

Find out it's the Hi res texture option. I cannot set it to 2xSal or stretched otherwise the graphic is all a mess.
    Thanks.
  4. papermanzero

papermanzero New Member

An open source plugin with modern opengl functions would be beneficial.
    It would be more easily to further develop PGXP. The achievements are great.
    But with an accurate and open plugin the potential would be even higher.

Same applies for the audio plugin. With an appropiate open source audio plugin, enhancements could be made more easily to improve the overall experiences (like the overclocking feature)
  5. Reventon2010

Reventon2010 New Member

If you keep an eye on the "Mednafen PSX HW" Core in Retroarch, that currently has a new open-source Graphics plugin. It uses both Opengl 4.x and Vulkan.

Unfortunatly though, with the availability of Opengl 3/4, he seems to be strugling to gain good performance. Which is strange because Pete managed it with Opengl 2.

So atm, only Vulkan works properly.
  6. fischkopf

fischkopf Member

Both the PEOPS and the Eternal SPU already come with the source, though.
  7. Reventon2010

Reventon2010 New Member

I think sound plugin progression could be at an end. Even the guy programming PEOPS 1.10b stopped because he thought there was nothing else he could achieve.

Not sure if sound plugins run in a seperate thread. That could be a good addition to multi-core users if anyone knows how to program.
  8. SolisX

SolisX Member

@fischkopf If i'm not mistaken eternal's spu source code was only partially released. And Peops 1.10b i know at least Legacy Of Kain Blood Omen does not work properly if your using that plugin.(I assume there maybe more games that may have an issues with Peops 1.10b.)
  9. papermanzero

papermanzero New Member

I also thought Eternal SPU is closed source.
    PEOPS is pretty outdated and incomplete compared to Pete's Closed Plugin. This is why someone has a) to update the code and b) enhance the code with missing features. This is the dilemma. Most likely it is easier to write a plugin from scratch.

Mednafen is not using any plugins. Mednafen is a "all-in-one" emulator, which embeds the graphic functions.
    After the disaster of the N64/PSX/DC emulation generation concerning plugins (imho), the traditional approach to embed everything as a whole package is much better. No dependecies with APIs, no struggle with outdated APIs, no guidelines to develop plugins, no documentation for plugin development needed, no compatibility issues with core and plugin versions etc. Sidenote: This is also why the Mupen64 team decided to integrate certain plugins step by step into the core.

Beetle, the Mednafen version for libretro, modifies the internal renderer. It shifts the CPU renderer from mednafen to a hardware based rendering appraoch. However the source has to be changed. This is why issues and bugs occur.
    The "logic" or "algorithm" from Mednafen could be used to create an accurate hardware based plugin for PCSX. However this is also a lot of work.
  10. superjupi

superjupi New Member

Sorry, I couldn't leave this one alone. PlayStation sound emulation is really not in a good place right now. Not one single plugin is accurate to the real hardware, sometimes embarrassingly so. But at least someone on the development side of things made this realization, since Mednafen (I believe it was? I can't find it in my history no matter what I search for) actually took a live audio sample to compare against and are making strides toward closing that accuracy gap.
  11. dekaspace

dekaspace New Member

Posted this in tweak thread, but with this version of emulator it crashes when I use pec, but ok on expse but no idea why.
  12. TheDimensioner

I never used "pec", but I think it's a cheat codes plugin, isn't it? Well, PCSX-R(PGXP) has its own cheat "engine" of sorts, but it's very primitive, and you need to load and enable cheats every time you boot a game. But it works, at least with the widescreen cheat codes of late. Just create a .txt or .cht file, add a cheat name like "[widescreen 16:9]" (with the brackets) and add the code below it (e.g. 8008AA38 1333 for Driver). Save the file in a "cheats" folder or whatever, open the emulator and go to "Configuration > Cheat Code..." and than "Load...". Choose the code, and click "Enable/Disable", and load the game. You can also use the "Add Code" button to create cheat files, but it's weird sometimes, I don't know. At least it hasn't crashed or slowed down for me (if it was the proper code for a game).
  13. dekaspace

dekaspace New Member

Yep, its the cheat plugin I just use it as have a self edited codelist so I can just click the game and tick boxes for cheats I want.

I mostly play rpgs and so lower the grind of them even more so as I played the games legit years ago and never completed to want to catch up to where I was and not grind or lose battles.

Does the internal one allow multiple cheats in one file so it just imports the contents
  14. TheDimensioner

@dekaspace Yes, each file is for an individual game, and you can add as many codes as you want. You only need to load the file of the game, and enable the cheats. Problem is, it doesn't save the cheats you've selected previously, so if you have many cheats, you'll have to enable all of them everytime. But there's a chance that save states will save the cheats loaded with them, since a game shark/cheat code is a memory modification, and a save state saves the content of the memory "state" at a time... But maybe it will get corrupt at the next load screen, I've never tested it thoroughly.
  15. isamu

isamu New Member

Hello. Where do we obtain the latest PGXP builds?
  16. meowchin

meowchin New Member

Links in the first post.