PCSXR saving/loading problems on mac

Discussion in 'PCSX Discussion' started by Nick King, Sep 25, 2016.

1. Nick King

Nick King New Member

Hey all,
    new here,

Just an old timer trying to play The Legend of Dragoon on PCSX-R.

I have it all up and running, and I can save, but if I go to save again, the file is not there in the game?

When i exit the game and look in the preferences section, there is a file with my save data on it. Is there a way I can get the emulator to read those save files?

Cheers
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. SolisX

SolisX Member

Hello King,

You are provably using an old version of pcsxr and using the HLE-bios. You will have to either use a newer version of pcsxr for the HLE-Bios to see the save or you will have to use the psx bios.
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2016
  4. Nick King

Nick King New Member

Thanks Solis,

Where can I find the newest version? I found what I thought was a newer version and it didn't play the game at all
  5. SolisX

SolisX Member

Hello Nick King,

The newest version is fc378b6bdf9e but you will provably need to compile it from source.

PCSXR Latest

I did a search for pcsxr mac and the most recent version i could find was pcsxr-78288. (This version is too old.) Use the one from the link above it has pcsxr-95719.

PCSXR Older Mac Versions
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2017 at 8:16 AM
  6. Nick King

Nick King New Member

Hey, that was the version I was using, I got it to play the game, but I am still having that same save problem.

I will save the game, return 30 seconds later to re-save and the file is not there in the game, but it shows up outside of the game in the files
  7. SolisX

SolisX Member

Hello Nick King,

I look at my Pcsxr HLE-Bios Compatibility list and it looks like i beat that game on pcsxr-90567 with no issues with save or loading. I also just tested Legend of Dragoon pcsxr-98108 and it was saving and loading properly on Slackware 14.2 linux.

Could it be you need to set permission to your memory cards?

PCSXR HLE-Bios Compatibility List
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2016
  8. Nick King

Nick King New Member

Cheers for all your help Solis,

I am just using the digital memory cards to now, I wouldn't know where to start using my ps1 memory cards. How to I edit the permission on the memory cards?

I have had trouble saving games with n64 emulator also, I am too old for this, I thought the ps1 was the most realistic console ever! (when it came out of course)
  9. SolisX

SolisX Member

Hello Nick King,

Method A: Hit Command+Shift+G from the Mac desktop (or Finder > Go > Go to Folder) and type in ~/Library

Then look for folder Application Support folder. The pcsxr folder is in there.

Follow the instrustions on the pictures below. Make sure you have read and write for

pcsxr folder
    memory card folder
    card1.mcd
    card2.mcd

Here how to change permissions
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2016
  10. Nick King

Nick King New Member

It seems I already had read and write permission on those files and folders.

I am just going to minimise the window until I finish the game, this is too complicated for me.

Thankyou for all of your help!
  11. SolisX

SolisX Member

Hello Nick King,

I guess the another thing i can tell to try is if you have the scph1001.bin in bios directory make sure in the preferences>Emulation try turning off the Simulate PSX Bios..

I also had heard that maybe the card is not formated. I will upload a formatted card just incase you want try that. Simple rename the card1.txt to card1.mcd then copy it to ~/Libraby/Application Support/pcsxr/memcards.

If that fails i guess you will just have to use savestates.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 29, 2016