PEC, cheats, and Wild Arms

Discussion in 'ePSXe Discussion' started by BWM, Jul 3, 2013.

1. BWM

BWM New Member

So, I'm trying to get infinite money in Wild Arms. I have ePSXe version 1.8, PEC, and the PEC wrapper v4. I'm running Vista 64-bit. PEC comes with codes for the JAP version of Wild Arms, but other sites have listed those as working with the US version, so I've tried using them. I've also tried the other money code for the US version that I've seen listed in two different places. I doubt the codes just don't work. I have it configured to PEC wrapper in my video plug-in, and to Pete's plug-in beyond that, and the game itself has run fine. I follow all the instructions in PEC and everything looks right. I'm running both PEC and ePSXe in compatability mode for XP and I run them both as admin, but no good. I took PEC out of the Progam Files as well (basically, everything I saw to do in every thread). But nothing works. I have also tried ePSXe's built-in cheat thing (as explained on page 3 here; http://forums.ngemu.com/showthread.php?t=153050&page=3) but that hasn't worked either, for any of the codes. I don't really care which method I use to make this work (although getting PEC to work would be good in the long run).

So, does anyone have any further ideas? Does Vista, or being 64-bit, mess with something? Some other smei-common cause? I'm not really computer literate, but I'm good enough at Google and following directions to figure most things out if anyone can give me some ideas. I really appreciate it. Thanks.
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. gamer89420

gamer89420 Member

Do other codes for other games work for you at least?
  4. BWM

BWM New Member

I don't know, I don't have any other games. I'm trying to get Valkyrie Profile, since I want to play that too, but I'm running into problems. I'll try that when I can, but I was just wondering if there were any other general possibilities people had. I saw a few things that may indicate that 64 bit systems have trouble in this department, but I dunno.

Just got VP working finally. Yes, I can make codes work in another game.
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2013
  5. gamer89420

gamer89420 Member

I tried the code for it and it worked for me.

When you add codes to PEC in the user database, are you adding each indivually as seperates or, both under one 'code name'. Because infinite ammo is a 2-line code. It shouldn't matter I don't think, though.

Try messing around with the refresh rate in PEC config.

Try different gfx video plugin to test.

Maybe you have the PAL/Euro/other version of the game?

EDIT: I mean Infinite money, not infinite ammo. Sorry.
  6. BWM

BWM New Member

I'll do that, but may I ask what you are using for refresh rate, video plugin, etc? I'm pretty sure I have the NTSC version. I'm adding the two code lines to the same code.

Aaaand I just tried the infinite ammo code for Rudy, and it gave Jack -205 MP in red lettering. So...I don't even know what to make of that. I'm going to see if there are codes for the PAL version and try them, just in case you are right.

Double edit; crap, it IS the EU version. The product code matches. Oh well, I'll either find a code or use the item glitch cheat. Thanks for your help.
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2013
  7. gamer89420

gamer89420 Member

Well, that's likely the problem right there. haha.

And I was just using the default refresh rate (2nd line from the left) I think. Not that it matters anyway, now.