People of NGemu post your photos of yourselves!!

Discussion in 'General Pictures & Videos' started by Genius_GZA, Jun 28, 2002.

1. Strike105X

Strike105X ヒットハード&高速 Award Winner!

Wow that's a surprise, i didn't expect to find someone in the same camp XD, we have CNC operated ones as well, but our boss realized that getting rid of the manual ones is a bad idea, examples:

-By the time you make a CNC program for one part its already been long done on manual machinery.
    -They are great for various chores and helping maintenance internally.
    -They are great for initial preparation of crude materials so they can be done on cnc.
    -And speaking of crude materials, its just easier to handle them on manuals, since there you feel how it works and how it cuts into them, thus you can adapt very easy to each situation.
  2. Hyuga

Hyuga Classic Games Lover

Well, back in the day I was making machine parts and stuff, now it's medical devices, so a lot cleaner :D Dunno if I could run a manual lathe or a mill now though, would take some time to remember everything. And yeah, manuals are certainly faster when it comes to new designs, you get a drawing, a piece of metal and start working, no need to write the whole program about it ;)
    Strike105X likes this.
  3. Strike105X

lol back at my old job we where, among other things, making cases and chassis for Siemens and Schneider medical equipment as well.
  4. snickothemule

snickothemule brb gonna go fist the world lol Junior Contributor Award Winner!

[​IMG]

I'm back to around 103-105kg, however my waist is roughly the same size as it was at 98ish. A bit of fat around the belly, but not a major amount. I'm trying to curb my hunger by adding cod liver oil into my diet, the low amounts of saturated fats are good to keep food cravings in check and the trace minerals are supposed to do amazing things.

It's going to be an interesting 6 weeks or so to see what effect it has.
    Kellicros, Phil and Strike105X like this.
  5. Strike105X

Personally i don't see any of that fat :p, looking great Snicko, though the pic reminds me of sin city lol.
  6. Hyuga

Looking really well snicko, no way I'd say it's 105kg. I'm down to around 90 kg from 110 since the start of the year (I was 104 in May), but those last 10 kg I want to shave off (aiming at 80kg and below 18% of fat) is the most difficult one - every time I go down to 87-88 it bounces right back. And it's been over two months like that, really annoying.

What's your height anyway?

Anyway, my first Crossfit competition will be in January, 10 kg less would really help with pull ups, etc.
  7. snickothemule

Damn dude well done with the weight loss.

It might pay to give intermittent fasting a try. On a day off, try not to eat before say 1100-1200 and maybe finish a training session 1 hour before eating. Aim for around 12-14 hours between meals. It's easier if you are getting a nights sleep.

The ultimate for me was doing a 24 hour fast, it's hard but it does amazing things for growth hormone and testosterone.

Also, I'm 1.9m tall.
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2016
  8. Strike105X

Its good that i don't pay much if any heed to things like this, looks like quite a chore to keep in shape... Not for me...
  9. Hyuga

Thanks, bud. Yeah, this was quite a ride, moving from the couch and actually doing something, seeing the results. Four months ago I couldn't do a pull up, etc., now I can. I also never thought weighlifting could be so much fun and satisfying ;)

As for fasting, I might try that out over the weekend. I keep the track on the food, not overeating really, but my thyroid may be messed up, I have to redo my bloodtest soon.

Not really a chore, and it is quite rewarding, you feel better, you have more energy, your body is stronger. When you reach a certain age you need to look after it, bud.
    Silenus likes this.
  10. Strike105X

Well i do look after it, i stay away from junk food, or better said most store food, eating properly growned food making sure what i eat is healthy, but that's pretty much it :p.
  11. snickothemule

It's amazing what physical exercise has on the body and mind. I love it.

If your worried about thyroid, try getting some Kelp tablets, the iodine and trace minerals are amazing for supporting a healthy endocrine system. I got 200 tabs for about 30 dingo bucks. Also keep in mind acidicy of the stomach and blood, it's not something that is commonly tested (it sounds weird for sure) but without correct acid content in the gut it's hard for the body to absorb nutrients, gets even more complicated when the gall bladder is not putting in enough work. Without bile, we cannot break down fats into a state which we can utilise.

It's the danger of low fat diets, we need the saturated fats to transport specific minerals which keep us healthy and functioning.
  12. MT

MT Smell ya later! Contributors

Snicko doesn't look nerdy at all :D
    snickothemule likes this.
  13. Hyuga

I did a blood test in September and my TSH level is way too high. Normal adult level should be 0.4-4.2 mlU/L at my age but it's over 8... Hypothyroidism is not confirmed, but I need to redo the test. And we'll see what happens next, tho I'll get the Kelp tablets and try that out as well.
  14. Strike105X

Yup we should ban him :p.
  15. snickothemule

Damn dude, make sure to let us know the results.

Also I love hearing about your victories in health and exercise. It's a deep passion of mine and I love nothing more than to hear about peoples health journey.
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2016
    Hyuga likes this.
  16. Silenus

Silenus Pilgrim Junior Contributor

I followed an iphone dev from a long time ago, have never really seen him but his nick is Musclenerd.
    Snicko fits that char in my mind. :p
  17. ozzgx4

ozzgx4 Active Member

Woah Snick! Looking good bro! Every time I have started something like this I get lazy halfway and stop haha
  18. ElijahTW

ElijahTW NGemu Award Winner Award Winner!

I made it into Google Street View, lol.
    tmp_3222-Screenshot_20161117-20204661180508.png
    Strike105X likes this.
  19. Samor

Samor Foundry

you're a cute girl...
    .....actually, it's hard to make out :p
  20. ElijahTW

ElijahTW NGemu Award Winner Award Winner!

Haha. That house sits about 50 feet from the road so I'm surprised you can see me at all really.