People Still Using no$gba 2.6a and no$zoomer, instead of no$gba 2.8???

Discussion in 'No$GBA Discussion' started by yeshuachrist, Apr 12, 2015.

1. yeshuachrist

yeshuachrist New Member

I've read alot about the quality of no$gba 2.8 lately, and it only has 1 filter option on it when I played around with it. Not so great compared to Desmume with its new speed increase ... but I can see how people may still use no$gba 2.6a just because of no$zoomer.

no$zoomer = all future versions no$gba past 2.6a becomes abandonware?

Just pointing that out because, I'm also excited about no$gba's 2.8 release, but there is a bunch of reasons mostly based on playback. Why I, not speaking for everyone, but why maybe it would be better to try something else instead of the latest version....................
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. Azary1977

Azary1977 Member

Just one! Because No$Zoomer have Cheat Database (USRCHEAT.DAT) for seeing list of AR codes for each games. Just only copy and paste into Cheat dialog list. :p
  4. Smilley

Smilley Hopeless Optimist

I still use No$Zoomer for 2 reasons:
    1) Some games that require No$Zoomer's EXTRA options still run better, and
    2) There are no games I play that don't run on No$Zoomer but do on 2.8.
  5. yeshuachrist

yeshuachrist New Member

Yup, just what I thought no reason no to leave no$zoomer and no$gba for all the games that will work on it ... speaking of which ... I've had more then a dozen games with patches I didn't need there, so I used this tool "DS-Scene_Rom_Tool_v1.0_build_1215_Pack", to verify that my backups from my original game had no patch ... that tool will report if the rom does not match a dump of the game, some roms it doesn't identify, depending on how you rip your original game. .... Most of the patches I used were AP patches before they were organized under this label, a bunch of scene groups released AP patches.

There are a few games that require no$gba exclusive "ar-codes" to work, for no$gba only. So I'm done verifying all my roms in my old backups ... and redumping all the ones as needed ... plus the new desmume is nice, but I don't think i would just ditch no$zoomer.

If someone made a list of all the games that do run better with no$zoomer, versus desmume, that would make things easier, I just haven't check for one.
  6. Azary1977

Azary1977 Member

Oh yeah! Another one! ;)

Some games which appear as rotated screen likes 270°. Example games are Love Plus, The Smurfs etc.. The feature was available only on No$Zoomer but not on all version of No$gba. Alternatively, please use Desmume for some rotation games that uses 270° only.
  7. Jhon591

Jhon591 Member

I build the no$zoomer options into the no$gba 2.8 it's self :D xd , lowers the CPU usage too!.
  8. yeshuachrist

yeshuachrist New Member

There's a few hex edits available for the newer versions of no$gba which attempts to replace some of the features no$zoomer offered. But for those games, since no real improvements were made, 2.6a with no$zoomer is probably the best option, like the pokemon games. The sounds are still kinda crabby cakes in the current versions.

Considering the alternatives for a pc with minimum requirements, not sure the newer versions have much of a difference to offer, if you just viewing the cpu usage its really close to some previous versions, just buzzing some values off the "task manager".

So I did play around with No$Zoomer and 2.6a with a "chess" game, and its obvious the many missing graphical displays. That being accounted for, if you tinker with the options and use frameskip you can get desmume to play a few games with descent speed on a low end pc, so its really a myth that no$gba has a monopoly on lower end pcs.

I did play around with no$gba 2.8 recently, but I'm too spoiled with the previous versions to even consider hopping back on the ban wagon, I'm sure many people feel that same way. Thats a step forwards from spending 2 to 3 hours customizing the rough around the edges emulators, that all seemed to assault Desmume, now you'd be hard pressed to find newbies willing to spend hours tinkering with something that isn't user friendly, or doesn't fill its end of the bargain of providing something as useful as what is offered, or whats been offered.

Just saying that when no$gba offered DSI Ware game support, and nothing was playable on the emulator for it, it just feeds the bad reputation nds emulators have gained for themselves the past few years.
  9. Jhon591

Jhon591 Member

^ I think I found two combernations that maybe causing the sound issue second from bottom post - http://ngemu.com/threads/no-gba-v2-8a-released-03-may-2015.171361/

Let just hope martin/nocash gets to read it soon , and check on sound options he could do! and see if it could be fixed .

IE: Dual SPU + Advance SPU = "Bad sound" <- "exact same as no$gba has"
  10. yeshuachrist

yeshuachrist New Member

I didn't realize what you were talking about, originally because I don't see the No$Zoomer options in No$gba, but I did find a version of Desmume with the No$Zoomer Options in it, http://shikaver01.webcrow.jp/ , which is great, I'll create a thread about it. (it also has an option to lower the cpu usage too).
  11. Jhon591

Jhon591 Member

I'm sorry, I built it into the emu myself , I am drwhojan here - https://gbatemp.net/threads/no-gba-v2-8a-released-with-dsi-emulation.388121/

read through , you can change the values of speed page down with any hex editor .

Now the emulators is freeware, it should be ok.

Thanks for this also, I'll download it, it should be easy to extract the hex into how they have done it :) , but not at home at moment will do later .
    Last edited: May 28, 2015
  12. yeshuachrist

yeshuachrist New Member

I see, the options are built in, but there not selectable ... there also hard to notice if you don't take the time to compare the previous versions side by side. I spend a few days recently, well it really has been a little more then 2 weeks. Going through my old rom set, and replacing all the roms with patches I've used from scene releases. (so I gave up and replaced all my old roms, and cough, redumped all mines once again from the carts). Since I largely forgot how those files were modified.

First thing I did was was grab this tool "DS-Scene_Rom_Tool_v1.0_build_1215_Pack" ... then the only thing I've done is use the "AP Patches" that are there and exported the patches into the roms:

9 Hours 9 Persons 9 Doors
    Blue Dragon - Awakened Shadow
    DQ - 5
    DQ - 6
    DQ - 9
    DQ - Monsters Joker 2
    Etrian Odyssey 3
    FF CC - Echoes of Time
    Final Fantasy - The 4 Heroes of Light
    Final_Fantasy_Crystal_Chronicles_Echoes_of_Time
    Fire Emblem - Shadow Dragon (US)(Micronauts)
    Fossil Fighters Champions
    Harvest Moon DS - The Tale of Two Towns
    Lufia - Curse of the Sinistrals
    Pokemon - SoulSilver Version
    Pokemon Conquest
    Pokemon Diamond
    Pokemon Heart Gold
    Pokemon Platinum
    Radiant Historia
    Shin Megami Tensei - Devil Survivor 2
    Shin Megami Tensei - Strange Journey
    Yu-Gi-Oh! - World Championship 2010
    Yu-Gi-Oh! - World Championship 2011

"AP Patches" (Ability Point? fixes Save and loading crashes or issues) ... ensure they work with the emulators.

In the past, no$gba would require a bunch of additional "tweak" fixes in addition to the "AP Patch", making things very cumbersome and inconvenient over time, the more games you go to play, especially true for the Pokemon games.

You've indicated these common fix patching problems were not initially fixed with no$gba 2.8a, but that to not inconvenience the end user, some hex edit fixes were included, until the rest of the "no$zoomer" fixes were eventually added.

Completely sorry, since I entirely missed the point, and accidentally thought you were referring to Desmume. If you open the current version no no$gba, and set it side by side with a previous version, then you will undoubtedly notice some advancements.

Then my immediate attention will be towards getting the patched version of 2.8, until the next updates are completes.
  13. Azary1977

Azary1977 Member

AP means Anti Piracy, not Ability Points? o_O
  14. Jhon591

Jhon591 Member

Thant's for martin/nocash home is here to ask about building in a AP fixers maybe join DS_ROM tool into his Emulator so it auto ap fixed for certain games ;)

"I see, the options are built in, but there not selectable"

If only I had the source code :D , then it could be selectable ..

But that's his only .
  15. Jhon591

Jhon591 Member

EDIT sorry dubble post :rolleyes:
  16. BlackYoshi485.

BlackYoshi485. Deal with it.

Currently i only use the latest NO$GBA releases, except for playing MLBIS, for that i use No$Zoomer, because 2.8b doesn't work with it(interestingly it worked fine on 2.7).
  17. Jhon591

Jhon591 Member

That's odd I'll give it a try later , if ex is used that would patch over wrong hex within no$gba that can be repair-ed very easy for 2.7 in the attach.dll file .

Also sometimes it hard to find nocash older releases , he should really keep a seperate page on his website for all archive releases!.

I put this collection together , but need help with any that are missing ?, right click save as on each .

https://mega.co.nz/#F!wIw0hIAT!gG6ZWgmXLX7galHP3wi9bg

EDIT: sorry could not get it to work with no$gba 2.7 but however the noise remover still works with this version .
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2015
  18. BlackYoshi485.

BlackYoshi485. Deal with it.

Hey, if somebody still uses NO$GBA/NO$ZOOMER for playing Pokemon Emerald, or Pokemon LightPlatinum and experienced some "Fog Problems", i've found a solution, just use NO$GBA DEBUG(remember that it's free since 2.7) and disable the fog layer.
  19. Digifiend

Digifiend New Member

Well, it would've really helped if microphone emulation was part of that.

And why don't in-game save files created in 2.8d work in 2.6a? So I can't even use the old version with Zoomer as a workaround when a mic is needed (as happens more than half way through the story in Warioware Twisted).