PEOPS DSound 1.09 - repair

Discussion in 'PSX Plugin Questions & Troubleshooting' started by shalma, Dec 9, 2010.

1. jona1995

jona1995 New Member

Go to your your plugin directory, open "spuPeopsSound_expert" and change "PhantomPostPad" from "500" to "0". The sound no longer interrupt !
  2. jona1995

jona1995 New Member

These are the best setting to me, it gives me perfect playback in my games (MGS, Spyro trilogy, Digimon World 3, all in PAL region).

[​IMG]
  3. papermanzero

papermanzero New Member

Is someone still working on the plugin?

I mean it would be great to add another option beside the current Emulator setting "Pal" and "NTSC", which is "Auto". Depending on the game region, the right setting will be selected automatically.

Furthermore, I have an issue with "Legend of Mana" if the loundness during the introduction is changing for unknown reason.
  4. the_randomizer

the_randomizer Fluffy Animal Admirer

There's no need to, with the advent of ePSXe 2.0 being out, the internal SPU plugin has seen strides in improvements and surpasses this plugin by a long shot.
  5. papermanzero

papermanzero New Member

Sorry to say that so directly. But epsxe is the worst emulator I ever saw. The commercially driven emulator is not really working in windows. PCSX is by far better. Lilypad is already a reason for that.
  6. the_randomizer

Never had a problem with it, but DSound is dead, no one is working on it; sorry to say but you're SOL. You haven't even tried ePSXe 2.0, have you? No? That's what I thought, quick to judge an emulator you know nothing about. ePSXe also has GTE accuracy and BTW, a pad plugin is a pretty odd reason to say an emulator as a whole sucks when you haven't even tried the latest version. Pretty damn bold.

You're not getting any help from me with this issue unless you try it out, and ePSXe 2.0 has superior audio emulation than Dsound 1.9 ever had, same with PCSX, but okay. Not helping you with that one, dude.
  7. papermanzero

papermanzero New Member

Yes, i tried the emulator and yes epsxe 2.0 has severe issues.
    Epsxe has only GTE accuracy due to the open source mentality of other projects.
    The commercials and even pop ups for their commercial mobile version make epsxe a no-go.

Coming back to the topic. It seems nobody is working on an update.
  8. the_randomizer

Because the author abandoned the project years ago, he left it once he felt it was "good enough". And with "severe" issues, you need to expound on what those are, we need examples, specs, set up, so on, because saying that is awfully vague and unspecific. I've tested many games and never ran into these alleged issues you speak of. If you go to the OP, Shalma's profile, you'll see he was here quite a no. of years ago and deactivated his account. Unless you can give examples of these issues, then they're labeled as unsubstantiated.
  9. papermanzero

papermanzero New Member

This is not the topic. Do you understand that? I don't want to talk about the damn epsxe emulator. I wanted to know if someone is working on this plugin, or if an improved version of the plugin is available.
    Redirecting someone to a different emulator is a) not the topic and b) rude.

Again and hopefully the last time:
    I would like to know if someone is working on that plugin.
    At least a version 1.10 exists.

Btw, for everyone who has issues with peops DSound plungin.
    There is an alternative: Eternal SPU.
    Found here: http://emulation-general.wikia.com/wiki/Recommended_PS1_Plugins
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2016
  10. papermanzero

papermanzero New Member

I just laughed about your last post, which will be also ignored.
  11. the_randomizer

Too bad for you I removed my post as it contributed nothing to the thread, much like your whiny bitch-rant about ePSXe being the worst emulator ever. Too bad for you Shalma isn't working on your precious sound plugin anymore, you're a few years too late. Good day :D:D
  12. Mr.Henky

Mr.Henky Member

If you consider skipping and crackling a superior effects, then yes, it does.
    papermanzero likes this.
  13. the_randomizer

2.0.5 just released a couple of days ago, I don't know what you're talking about because in all the testing I did, crackling and other issues are nonexistent. Unless you can come up with an example, this is pretty much the be all end all solution, this DSound Plugin has been abandoned for years, no one will pick up the source and improve it.
  14. ZeroWalker

ZeroWalker Member

What's actually bad with this plugin?
    And also what should one use, GPU fps limit, or no fps limit with Async Wait (which i guess is "Sync to Audio" more or less)?
  15. papermanzero

papermanzero New Member

It's not bad. It only has some small bugs.
    Especially the async is in many cases an issue and not working properly.