Peops OpenGL 1.78 xBRZ Scalers Mod

Discussion in 'PSX Plugin Questions & Troubleshooting' started by tapeq, Jul 22, 2015.

1. tapeq

tapeq Member

Similar to my PeteOpenGL2Tweak xBRZ hack, but replaced internal scaler, also added Nearest Neighbor as option. Used PCSXR fork, source code shareable on demand - PM me.

Download here: http://dev.tapek.shst.pl/ePSXe/gpuPeopsOpenGLxBRZ.7z

NOTE: xBRZ scaler will only work correctly for "R8 G8 B8 A8" texture format. Option "Scale MDEC" is for scale MDEC (movie) texture. Some game uses MDEC data as backgrounds - like Resident Evil. There are 2 setting, checked = scale texture and MDEC, grayed = scale -only- MDEC. Scaling MDEC is -slow-.

EDIT:
    Sources: http://dev.tapek.shst.pl/PCSXR/pcsxr_peopsopengl_xbrz.7z
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2015
    Asmodean778, cloudbill and DaMan like this.
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. Xemnas

Xemnas Member

The license is GPL, isn't it?
  4. tapeq

tapeq Member

It must be, I will post code if you want.
  5. Xemnas

Xemnas Member

I was just curious. It would be nice if you posted the source code, though.
  6. tapeq

tapeq Member

First post updated with link to source code (my full fork of pcsxr code).
  7. Monater

Monater Member

Could you try to add newer OpenGL revisions to this plugin?
  8. MATT500845

MATT500845 New Member

dude, bro--I have been waiting for this for like 2 years ever since I got my 3dtv, and quite honestly I never thought it would happen. you are a GOD. allow me to return the favor.

ps1 emulation is possible in stereoscopic 3d via tridef, the opengl 1.78 plugin, and this patch:
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/gldirect/
    (^ place opengl32.dll in epsxe or pcsxr main directory... special props to some dude i forget on the internet who figured this out. I think from the GeForce forums. p.s. I am pretty sure that you need directx_Jun2010_redist installed. I install it offline extracted as administrator)

there is 1 last thing you must do (in addition to configuring tridef profiles) to make it run well in 3d. "mask bit" must be checked, or else it will always come through 2d. and now, with your xBRZ hacked plugin I discovered and fixed a new glitch in 3d mode, a bunch of textures turned black but if you activate "special game fixes" > "direct framebuffer updates" that is completely solved as well :D also, while in stereoscopic 3d, MDECs come through unfiltered in 3d but everything in game is filtered. :)

more information on configuring stereo 3d profiles on my post at the bottom of this page:

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/389638/playstation-emulators-in-3d/
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2015
  9. RoDeLoPo

RoDeLoPo New Member

Like the guy above me, I'm here to thank you. I started emulating PSX many years ago, and I never thought I'd see a significant update again. And then I found your other thread and I was blown away. xBRZ looks amazing, and having GTE Accuracy is so much better. And thanks for implementing this on PEOPS as well, since it allows you to render at any resolution and force driver AA. Again, thank you so much. You are one of the only ones pushing PSX emulation further.

Side note: Not sure if this info is useful, but when I launched a game (Megaman Legends 2) with your modded PEOPS I got a black screen and nothing worked. After fiddling around I found that turning on "Odd/even bit hack" fixed it.
    MATT500845 likes this.
  10. fischkopf

fischkopf Member

Hi guys, I decided to record some gameplay with tapeq's tweak and SweetFX:

@tapeq
    Sorry if I confused you with any PMs, everything is working fine now.
    MATT500845 likes this.
  11. MATT500845

MATT500845 New Member

awesome RoDeLoPo. good to know! those special game fixes are so weird! XD

p.s. anyone know how to fix the menus in final fantasy 9 with the 1.78 plugin? it's like the last remaining glitch I can see and has always super annoyed me. top half of screen is texture, bottom half is a black box, it's supposed to be a gradient. thanks!

p.p.s. also, I am utterly amazed that this filtering technique doesn't destroy the textures and add a bunch of artifacts in pre-rendered backgrounds like the filtering modes do. it really is like the 4xGLSLHqFilter GLSlang shaders in epsxe :D except sharper, and less artifacts (some weird anti-aliasing or something going on in those) great job!
  12. MATT500845

MATT500845 New Member

looks amazing fischkopf :D
    fischkopf likes this.
  13. Xemnas

Xemnas Member

14. fischkopf

fischkopf Member

Thanks man. Although I'm not quite happy with the way Youtube re-encoded the video, so future videos will be rendered at a higher resolution to preserve the original quality.
  15. MATT500845

MATT500845 New Member

nopers. that's why I am so excited about this plugin :) let me know if you figure out how to get the opengl2 running in 3d though!
  16. Xemnas

Xemnas Member

I see. Thank you for the information.
  17. OrbitingCow

OrbitingCow New Member

I don't get how to use this thing. It just quits out of the normal epsxe when I load a game with this.

I have no idea how to configure the fork at all with this or the tweak as I always get a configuration not okay message. I wish there were more straightforward directions. I know I am missing something easy but yeah.... no idea.

Again, I'm using PeopsSoft just fine in ePSXe, but I cannot configure the fork properly nor does this boot a game in epsxe for me when configured.

Anyway, I don't think it matters much. 4xBRZ is very nice in the normal emulator.
  18. blakepoet

blakepoet New Member

is not working for me..just crashes to desktop..
  19. jerrymh

jerrymh New Member

Same here, it crashes to desktop after loading some game
  20. fischkopf

fischkopf Member

just use the PeteOpenGL2Tweak instead, I never had any problems with that one.
  21. InputBrain

InputBrain New Member

There's a black line while playing Mega Man 8 is there any way to fix this?