Perpetual Desktop Thread

Discussion in 'General Pictures & Videos' started by Kane, May 13, 2003.

1. koko

koko ! Award Winner!

Thanks Strike :)
  2. Strike105X

Strike105X ヒットハード&高速 Award Winner!

[​IMG]

Out on a whim decided to retry windows vista, well also partially because i knew that it worked fairly well on somewhat of a similar motherboard to the one i have now. And by god does it work fantastic. Now just to see how it holds out in time. The only downside is that amd seems to be pretty lazy when it comes to vista vga drivers support... Though to my big surprise overall smoothness and performance even in gaming its better then 7 and 8.1.
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2014
    the_randomizer likes this.
  3. Strike105X

An update: it ended up failing... the moment i changed the unicode language to japanese the system wouldn't boot no more, so on another whim went with windows 8.1, researched a bit tried some different scenarios and i think i got an idea on how to get it to perform good, or even better at the moment it seems that it performs better then both vista and 7, i still need to try out some games to be sure.
  4. Kaizen

Kaizen Yes Award Winner!

5. Strike105X

New desktop:

[​IMG]

Decided to drop object dock since i can get just as much functionality from the windows 7/8 taskbar, also in light of recent descoveries with what caused issues with my windows 7 install i decided to try out windows 8.1 again and i'm pleased to say so far its been a great experience.
  6. Samor

Samor CEO and Chief Editor of Samor Foundry

yeah, 8.1 should be the best performer ... though ideally I'd prefer Windows 7 with 8's speed improvements.
    There's so much with Windows 8(.1) that's not quite right, but that's mostly all related to the new UI that really feels bolted on when on a desktop pc (it's probably great on a tablet / surface).
    They should've kept aero as well... there was nothing wrong with how it looked.

I'm sticking with Win 8.1 now though... until the next version of Windows comes out, that is.
  7. Strike105X

With 8.1 at least with how i use it i don't get disturbed by the new Metro UI, at all since there is a jump to desktop option now, and i got the start screen taskbar button eliminated as well. To be honest i kind of felt like moving away from aero recently i found it doing more bad then good.
  8. Samor

Windows 8 basically is aero only (always on), just with a lot of effects (Aero Glass) removed and vsync forced on at all times. They removed the classic option as well, which is a shame.

what I meant in my previous post is I think they should've kept Aero Glass, it looked better IMO.
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2014
  9. Strike105X

Nope, windows 8 basically uses the basic windows 7 theme/interface but with wddm support and taskbar transperancy, but there is no aero, let alone aero glass. Which is a better option imho.
  10. Strike105X

NGNL Theme:

[​IMG]
    Kaizen likes this.
  11. Samor

12. Strike105X

Nope, while those are some features originally used in aero the thing is that they just remade similar features in 8 as well cause of commodity. As i said 8 has desktop acceleration as well but the interface is in the line of windows basic with some of aero's features slipstreamed for easier use. Its not the samething as aero itself.
  13. Samor

Actually I think we mean the same thing in the end.
    :)
  14. @ruantec

@ruantec Crazy GFX coder Emu Author

Hell YES!!!

Bildschirmfoto 2014-08-13 um 18.36.52.jpg
  15. Samor

Finally a nice coding environment on the Mac ;-)
    @ruantec likes this.
  16. @ruantec

Indeed, now if you think that's the only thing my desktop has to offer then check this out!

aruantuber.jpg
    aruantuber2.jpg
  17. @ruantec

My sexy new desktop :) (Strike105X gonna love my visual studio icon :p)

desktop.jpg
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2014
    Strike105X likes this.
  18. MT

MT Smell ya later! Contributors

Currently desktop and springboard themes

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Silenus likes this.
  19. Strike105X

Strangely i seem to have swiped places with @ruantec, i've come to love windows 8 more and more while he seems to get a bit of distance from it :p. Its been working great and i'm really impressed with it so far.
    @ruantec likes this.
  20. @ruantec

Indeed, Windows 8 is a great OS and i really like it too but due to business plans in my life i'm not using it at all except for a Virtual Machine to run games.
    Strike105X likes this.