Persona 3 / FES

Discussion in 'PCSX2 Forum' started by eagzor, Sep 26, 2008.

1. eagzor

eagzor New Member

using latest official 9.4 pcsx2, it however crashes if i use any other sound plugin than p.e.op.s with threaded mode disabled, if i turn it on it crashes. also tried zerospu 0.4.6 same thing just crashes after some time, only p.e.op.s is it stable, but it sounds like crap (slow voices, bad bgm), zerospu and p.e.op.s with threaded enabled sounds very good.
    using search i noticed ppl actually completed this game, please do share the settings.

Specs: 3.6ghz OC Q6600 radeon 4850, vista X64
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. Metherlance

Metherlance New Member

Use rev 377D+ (denumerals on).
    FES runs constant 60 on my system which is slower than yours :) 3.2GHz Q6600 and 8800GTS
  4. eagzor

eagzor New Member

thank you for your reply, i managed to get my hands on the version you specified, and yes the fps increase was huge! BUT on the other hand the same sound issue still makes the game hang, it's fine with the crap sound from p.e.ops. 1.9 (threadmode disabed), even with the SPUNULL makes the game hang :/
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2008
  5. Metherlance

Metherlance New Member

I use ZeroSPU 4.4, gsDX 0.1.8 SSSE3 dx10, LinuzAppz and SSSPSXPad plugins and it runs fine... Real Time mode and Time Scaling both checked in ZeroSPU
    Hope it helps.
  6. siralmasy

siralmasy New Member

what kind of hang is it? is it on the battles? or is it completly random? i finished persona 3 fes on pcsx2 and only had the hang on battles when i atacked the right foe first. then i started going for left foe and in that order and didnt hang anymore. didnt knew there was a fix for that :p
  7. eagzor

eagzor New Member

thank you for all ur help, i got frustrated and smashed my monitor with great force, after calming down i deleted all the inis for the plugins to reset their settings and viola it works.

still there are some gfx corruptions, is that normal or are the better gfx plugins and settings for that too? i have tried gsdx 1.8 and 1.9 also zero 0.97
  8. siralmasy

siralmasy New Member

gsdx 0.1.4 works pretty well and remove graphic corruption the dx10 at least, didnt try dx9
  9. Metherlance

Metherlance New Member

Yeah I heard 0.1.4 works well with it... Personally I used 0.1.8 and ignored the floor glitch, hardly caused major gameplay issues so I didn't bother trying to fix it. lol
  10. eagzor

eagzor New Member

thanks, i will try out 0.1.4

EDIT: it seems 0.1.4 is not better, but its ok thanks all
  11. onuross88

onuross88 New Member

yep,same here :eyemove:
  12. Turbis

Turbis New Member

zerospu 0.4.6? is it better than 0.4.4 and where can I download it?
  13. Shadow Lady

Shadow Lady <font color="#FF0066"><b>Advanced Newbie</b></font Contributors

14. NB Ranger

NB Ranger Lord of Combo

GSDX 1.10 rev 852 gets me the 100% speed, no crashes, and only the (minor) floor glitch.
  15. eagzor

eagzor New Member

NB ranger, i am now using it, it's excellent
  16. gdavge1991

gdavge1991 New Member

Just curious, how are the graphics and such on the pcsx2? I have been playing Persona 3 FES on my PS2 slim, but realizing that I horribly screwed up with the entire social linking, I've decided to start a new game. It's a real drag to play the game in my living room, so I was considering to play it on the PC w/ the pcsx2 in my bedroom. I have Win Vista w/ 2.7 ghz core2duo and 8800GTS, with 2 gig ddr800 ram.
  17. TLIXX

TLIXX Guest

Well, despite some minor glitch(es) the graphics of pcsx2 are way better than the ones you have with your ps2.
  18. eagzor

eagzor New Member

i have a different opinion on that one, floor glitch really gets to me sometimes, everything is so good, but then the glitch just attack you like a mad dog :p
  19. TLIXX

TLIXX Guest

I haven't played persona 3 on pcsx2 for a long time but the floor glitch can be heavily reduced with a different version of gsdx (0.1.4 I think) if I remember correctly. And nevertheless, the textures are sharper on pcsx2 if you set a high internal resolution.
    I prefer pcsx2 over playing it on my ps2.
  20. minaby

minaby New Member

This game runs perfectly fine with GSdx 0.1.9 (directx10) + speedhack from EPSX2 beta 0.9.5
    The only issue ended up: i cant save my game ><! anyone knows why?
  21. Metherlance

Metherlance New Member

Need to "save" 3 times to get a working save slot. It will tell you it's failed every time, but it doesn't. lol