Pete D3D

Discussion in 'PSX Plugin Questions & Troubleshooting' started by EeeK, May 11, 2002.

1. EeeK

EeeK New Member

My system is usin a 3dfx Voodoo3 2000 AGP. See that line during the full screen MDEC using the latest Pete's D3D plugin (does not happen in windowed). Anyone encounter this problem too? Please advise.
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. Bgnome

Bgnome <b>Who Da Gnome? </b> Contributors

why not try lewpy's glide?
  4. expert464

expert464 New Member

My Pete's D3D has that line too.. shame because D3D has much higher quality MDECs than OGL does.
  5. Prafull

Prafull Active Member

If I am right these sort of lines creep up when there is a problem with bilinear filtering.Anyway for voodoos lewpy's glide plugins are best.
  6. Pete Bernert

Pete Bernert Emu author Emu Author

stupid texel alignments, yeah...

well, you can either try to use the "unflitered framebuffer updates" option or change the fullscreen resolution to a mode where the scaling works better on your gfx card.
  7. REi_FoX

REi_FoX ¡¾¡¾¡¾¡ Fantasy ¡¾¡¾¡¾¡

what game is that??? spiderman???
  8. KillerShots

KillerShots War Games coder

I also have a Voodoo3, and under normal conditions I use Pete's D3D because:

1. Seems to work with more games, never need to change settings
    2. Fast enough (60 fps, no prob)
    3. Frequent updates
    4. FVP easily reached in-game
    5. FVP works (I never did get much out of Lewpy's other than swirly effects, some games have entire areas I need to play through that simply aren't supported under Lewpy's (Note: Have not yet been able to check 1.36)) Ex. Dino Crisis 2, Legend of Dragoon

Then again, there are some games where I need even more speed that Pete can offer me (GT2), and some that are simply better (FF9) because of the swirly effects without drop of framerate.

My point? For voodoo users, there is NO general plugin that fits all cases, nothing more. This isn't a slant on Lewpy, far from it. He's done an excellent job with the framebuffer (much more progress than Pete, I think), making his the #1 plugin for games that use the framebuffer, just so long as it works. Pete's works, but very slowly.