PeteOpenGL2Tweak - Tweaker for PeteOpenGL2 plugin w/ GTE Accuracy Hack!

Discussion in 'PSX Plugin Questions & Troubleshooting' started by tapeq, Mar 26, 2014.

1. tapeq

tapeq Member

PeteOpenGL2Tweak - Tweaker for PeteOpenGL2 plugin

WARNING: This plugin REQUIRES -ORIGINAL- Pete OpenGL2 v2.9 plugin to work ! You will get "Error 0x7e" if you do not have it !

Sources and new releases will be posted on github: https://github.com/tapcio/PeteOpenGL2Tweak/releases
    If emulator is crashing with TextureCache and high scale setting ie. 5 or 6xBRZ download this patch and apply to -emulator- executable (ie. ePSXe.exe or PCSXR.exe):
    http://www.ntcore.com/4gb_patch.php

xBRZ is compatible only with "Hi-Res Textures" option set to "0 - None"
    Also make sure that "Framebuffer Effects" is set to "2 - Standard".

Requirements:
    gpuPeteOpenGL2 plug-in v2.9 (425984 bytes, need to be in <emu_dir>\plugins)
    - download it here: http://www.pbernert.com/html/gpu.htm#OGL2
    GTE Accuracy hack requires latest PCSX-R or ePSXe 2.0+

Downloads:
    PeteOpenGL2Tweak: http://dev.tapek.shst.pl/PCSXR/gpuPeteOpenGL2Tweak.bin.zip
    PeteOpenGL2Tweak Source Code: http://dev.tapek.shst.pl/PCSXR/gpuPeteOpenGL2Tweak.src.zip
    PCSXR SVN r97972 + mods (VS2015 build): http://dev.tapek.shst.pl/PCSXR/pcsxr_97972m_vs2015u1.zip
    gpupec.dll for PCSXR: http://dev.tapek.shst.pl/PCSXR/gpupec_upx.zip
    spuPeopsSound 1.10 XAudio2 fix for PEC: http://dev.tapek.shst.pl/PCSXR/spuPeopsSound.zip

About:
    PeteOpenGL2Tweak is a PSEMU Pro compatible plug-in that patches PeteOpenGL2 plugin on runtime.
    Current tweaks include:

• Fixed automatic VRAM detection
    • Possible to force VSYNC
    • Hide mouse cursor
    • Adds GTE Accuracy hack by edgbla (Blade_Arma)
    • Adds xBRZ texture scaler with deposterize filter and texture cache
    • Adds ResHack ie. custom internal resolution, can be much higher than build-in options
    GTE Accuracy hack is ported from PCSX-R version of PEOPS OpenGL 1.78.
    What do this hack ? It cause less polygon shaking in most games !!!

Comparison:

Tomb Raider 3:
    PCSXR w/ GTE Widescreen hack + PeteOpenGL2, non-tweaked:

PCSXR w/ GTE Widescreen hack + PeteOpenGL2Tweak w/ GTE Accuracy hack:

xBRZ filter with deposterize:

[​IMG]
    Usage:
    Copy gpuPeteOpenGL2Tweak.dll to plugins directory, then run emulator and select "PeteOpenGL2 Tweaks" as GPU plugin.

Configuration:
    Configuration file is: inis\gpuPeteOpenGL2Tweak.ini, all options can be only turn on or off so there is not much to configure, by default FixMemoryDetection and EnableVsync are off.

You are welcome to like it or hate it :)
    Pete Bernert
    edgbla
    Calb
    and whole PCSXR team
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2016
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. fivefeet8

fivefeet8 &-)---|--< Staff Member

That's quite a difference.
  4. the_randomizer

the_randomizer Fluffy Animal Admirer

5. tapeq

tapeq Member

Link fixed. Now PCSXR package also contains bladesio1 (link cable plugin :)).
    All requirements installed ?
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2014
    apex likes this.
  6. KrossX

KrossX クロスエクス

Yay! Go tapcio! :D
  7. KrossX

KrossX クロスエクス

Yay! Go tapcio! :D
  8. tapeq

tapeq Member

Now I need to replace SaI texture filter with something nicer like hqx/xBZR :p

@KrossX
    Maybe you help :p? I need compatible implementation of hqx/xBZR (C/C++/ASM) with OpenGL 1.78 plugin (OpenGL2 seems to share same code).

EDIT: To be precise, compatible with SaI functions from OpenGL 1.78
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2014
    apex likes this.
  9. Genius_GZA

Genius_GZA GameCube Player!

cheers man! Going to definetely check it out:)
  10. the_randomizer

It was a PEBKAC error on my part, I got the plugin to load :D Where do I enable the GTE accuracy (or is it enabled by default)?

Edit: For some reason, I can't configure the Xbox controller for it, the NRage plugin doesn't show up. Keyboard not working either. Can't press F1 to save it either, are the controls broken, is there any way to use the Xbox 360 pad?
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2014
  11. Squall-Leonh@rt

Squall-Leonh@rt Maybe I'm a Lion

The nrage psx plugin is broken in numerous ways.

use Padharakiri, Padpokopom or Padssspsx
    the_randomizer likes this.
  12. KrossX

KrossX クロスエクス

Surething! I'll give it a try after I get my PhD in Math. :p
  13. the_randomizer

That would explain why it's not showing up in the drop-down box, thanks!
  14. the_randomizer

That would explain why it's not showing up in the drop-down box, thanks!\

Edit the Padsspsx crashes the emulator when I configure it with the Xbox controller. Crap. The Padpokopom just shows this

[​IMG]
    Just the axis, nowhere to map the buttons.

Damn server delays make me double post
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2014
  15. Xemnas

Xemnas Member

Does this work on ePSXe?
  16. tapeq

tapeq Member

Pokopom not need configuration, it only works for xinput (xbox360) compatible gamepads. Also you use very old version... latest is here http://code.google.com/p/magical-tools/downloads/detail?name=Pokopom r127.zip

Nope. It may be possible in Shark but searching exe for right data to do so is like searching for needle in haystack, so if ePSXe authors do not add needed functionality to ePSXe, GTE Accuracy Hack will not work.
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2014
    apex likes this.
  17. the_randomizer

I do have a 360 controller plugged in, but I couldn't for the life of me find the newest version of the plugin :D Now, with the modified GPU plugin on PCSX-R, is it enabled by default? I'm getting it to load just fine, but for some reason I'm not noticing a difference in less jitter.

Edit: Okay, so controls work like a charm now! Is there any reason why I can't make or load save states? I cycle through slots 0-9, but F1/F3 do not actually "save" them.

Edit 2: Testing Crash Bandicoot 2 and 3, and I stand corrected, they're a LOT smoother! Wow!
  18. tapeq

tapeq Member

Hym... Maybe create "sstates" directory?
    apex likes this.
  19. the_randomizer

*Headdesk* wow, did I derp or what? Strange that it didn't create one by default. The pad plugin is acting up again. The Pokopom plugin was working fine, but now it's not. WTF?

Now I'm back to where I began, the controller doesn't work with this plugin, but it did earlier. Tried making a new directory again, nothing. Is there another plugin that works with Xbox controllers and PCSX-R?

Edit: The plugin isn't at fault, tested and working on ePSXe 1.9.0. so the PCSX-R WIP is screwing something up.

Edit 2: Wow, not even keyboard input is possible (tried a keyboard plugin), this is officially screwed up. Are there other versions of PCSXR this GPU plugin can work with? Hotkeys like F1, alt, etc work, but not to control the game.

Turns out, PCSX2 is conflicting with the plugin for certain games. Like Chrono Cross, no input at all, however, running the same ISO in ePSXe, the same plugin works just fine, so, it's the emulator at fault, regardless of the PCSX-R version I use.
  20. tapeq

tapeq Member

Sorry, but is working just fine for me. PCSXR + Pokopom + my tweaker on Windows 8.1 x64.
    Update DirectX using web setup, and maybe install this driver.

Also I recommend to select Pokopom in PCSXR in both ports.
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2014
    apex likes this.
  21. the_randomizer

Yeah, something on my end got screwed up I'm sure, and like I said, the plugin works fine on ePSXe perfectly, but something got messed up on the PCSXR settings where it only works for some games but not others. I'll make doubly sure it's the same plugin for both controller slots and I'll install the 360 drivers. Funnily enough, the first time I did a test run, all the games work, so some setting got messed up, I'll have to investigate. Also, could you explain the download for PCSXR save state picture display fixed code? Do I do something with that? I'm doing something wrong, but I don't know what.

Edit: Windows told me I have the 360 drivers already installed. No biggie.

Edit: Damn, still nothing, this is getting weird. Not loading save states either, but there is a folder for it, and pressing F3 to load isn't working. I'll try unplugging and plugging it back.

Ugh, what am I doing wrong? Before I made the sstates directory, it worked fine, but after I created it, that's when this started.

Update: Odd. When I simulate the BIOS, some games regain Xbox control WTF?
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2014
  22. tapeq

tapeq Member

Maybe it do not like you BIOS ROM :p

NOTE: Save states from HLE BIOS and ROMs are NOT compatible. You cannot load save state created using ROM BIOS on HLE BIOS and vice versa. You can use memory card save to switch from ROM to HLE or vice versa.

EDIT: You can find CRC/SHA1 of known PSX BIOS ROM files in MAME source code: http://mamedev.org/source/src/mess/drivers/psx.c.html (scroll to bottom)
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2014
    apex likes this.