Next Generation Emulation banner

PeteOpenGL2Tweak - Tweaker for PeteOpenGL2 plugin w/ GTE Accuracy Hack!

367K views 2K replies 166 participants last post by  Polar-kun 
#1 · (Edited)
WARNING: OBSOLETE
I RECOMMENDING USING DUCKSTATION!

PeteOpenGL2Tweak - Tweaker for PeteOpenGL2 plugin

WARNING: This plugin REQUIRES -ORIGINAL- Pete OpenGL2 v2.9 plugin to work ! You will get "Error 0x7e" if you do not have it !

Sources and new releases will be posted on github: Nucleoprotein/PeteOpenGL2Tweak
If emulator is crashing with TextureCache and high scale setting ie. 5 or 6xBRZ download this patch and apply to -emulator- executable (ie. ePSXe.exe or PCSXR.exe):
4GB Patch – NTCore

xBRZ is compatible only with "Hi-Res Textures" option set to "0 - None"
Also make sure that "Framebuffer Effects" is set to "2 - Standard".

Requirements:
gpuPeteOpenGL2 plug-in v2.9 (425984 bytes, need to be in <emu_dir>\plugins)
- download it here: Pete's PSX GPU plugins
GTE Accuracy hack requires latest PCSX-R or ePSXe 2.0+

Files here: OneDrive

About:

PeteOpenGL2Tweak is a PSEMU Pro compatible plug-in that patches PeteOpenGL2 plugin on runtime.
Current tweaks include:

• Fixed automatic VRAM detection
  • Possible to force VSYNC
  • Hide mouse cursor
  • Adds GTE Accuracy hack by edgbla (Blade_Arma)
  • Adds xBRZ texture scaler with deposterize filter and texture cache
  • Adds ResHack ie. custom internal resolution, can be much higher than build-in options
GTE Accuracy hack is ported from PCSX-R version of PEOPS OpenGL 1.78.
What do this hack ? It cause less polygon shaking in most games !!!

Comparison:

Tomb Raider 3:
PCSXR w/ GTE Widescreen hack + PeteOpenGL2, non-tweaked:

PCSXR w/ GTE Widescreen hack + PeteOpenGL2Tweak w/ GTE Accuracy hack:

xBRZ filter with deposterize:

Usage:
Copy gpuPeteOpenGL2Tweak.dll to plugins directory, then run emulator and select "PeteOpenGL2 Tweaks" as GPU plugin.

Configuration:
Configuration file is: inis\gpuPeteOpenGL2Tweak.ini, all options can be only turn on or off so there is not much to configure, by default FixMemoryDetection and EnableVsync are off.

You are welcome to like it or hate it :)
Pete Bernert
edgbla
Calb
and whole PCSXR team

See less See more
2 1
#2 ·
#8 · (Edited)
Link fixed. Now PCSXR package also contains bladesio1 (link cable plugin :)).
All requirements installed ?
It was a PEBKAC error on my part, I got the plugin to load :D Where do I enable the GTE accuracy (or is it enabled by default)?

Edit: For some reason, I can't configure the Xbox controller for it, the NRage plugin doesn't show up. Keyboard not working either. Can't press F1 to save it either, are the controls broken, is there any way to use the Xbox 360 pad?

#11 ·
That would explain why it's not showing up in the drop-down box, thanks!

#19 · (Edited)
Sorry, but is working just fine for me. PCSXR + Pokopom + my tweaker on Windows 8.1 x64.
Update DirectX using web setup, and maybe install this driver.

Also I recommend to select Pokopom in PCSXR in both ports.
Yeah, something on my end got screwed up I'm sure, and like I said, the plugin works fine on ePSXe perfectly, but something got messed up on the PCSXR settings where it only works for some games but not others. I'll make doubly sure it's the same plugin for both controller slots and I'll install the 360 drivers. Funnily enough, the first time I did a test run, all the games work, so some setting got messed up, I'll have to investigate. Also, could you explain the download for PCSXR save state picture display fixed code? Do I do something with that? I'm doing something wrong, but I don't know what.

Edit: Windows told me I have the 360 drivers already installed. No biggie.

Edit: Damn, still nothing, this is getting weird. Not loading save states either, but there is a folder for it, and pressing F3 to load isn't working. I'll try unplugging and plugging it back.

Ugh, what am I doing wrong? Before I made the sstates directory, it worked fine, but after I created it, that's when this started.

Update: Odd. When I simulate the BIOS, some games regain Xbox control WTF?

#20 · (Edited)
Maybe it do not like you BIOS ROM :p

NOTE: Save states from HLE BIOS and ROMs are NOT compatible. You cannot load save state created using ROM BIOS on HLE BIOS and vice versa. You can use memory card save to switch from ROM to HLE or vice versa.

EDIT: You can find CRC/SHA1 of known PSX BIOS ROM files in MAME source code: http://mamedev.org/source/src/mess/drivers/psx.c.html (scroll to bottom)

#21 · (Edited)
I'm just super confused, but a corrupt BIOS would definitely explain a lot, I'll try dumping it again. Ugh. Still, the fact that the same games can be run on ePXSe with the same plugin is just plain baffling to me, there's definitely an emulator-related conflict. Sorry for bothering ya. And that source file is all Greek to me, can't tell it from heads or tails (no clue how to make any sense from it or why I need to look at it) lol. What doesn't make sense to me is why it would affect input.

I might as well give up on this, since the dumped SCPH1001 doesn't work, the simulated BIOS somewhat works, but the fact the same games and same pad plugins work fine on ePSXe. I so want to give up on this.

#23 · (Edited)
Source file contains know CRC32/SHA1 sums of BIOS ROMs, so you can compare it to your one using some app like HashTab: http://implbits.com/HashTab.aspx
ie. SCPH1001 ROM should have CRC32 37157331 and SHA1 10155d8d6e6e832d6ea66db9bc098321fb5e8ebf, you can even paste it to HashTab and will compare it for you ;p

//OFFTOPIC END ? :p
Anyways, keep up the good work, the games I managed to test look amazing and far smoother than the real hardware! :D This is what the PSX should have been like.

Yep, SCPH1001 (NTSC-U) does not match those hash tag values or the SHA1 at all, meaning it's likely to be corrupt. Oh well.

#25 ·
Games look much better without wobbly polys, the difference is immediately notable. Caused issues in certain games mainly as lines in menus and PRB.

ePSXe doesn't support anti-jittering. Give Pcsx-r a try.

#26 · (Edited)
It gives me issues, unless you can help me with mooby always acting wonky. Because I really like what they have been doing with it so far.

EDIT: I just did a perfect rip of Metal Gear Solid VR and it runs fine in EPSXE, wont do anything in PCSX-R. I lose cheats, mooby working right, and games not working at all with PCSX-R. I think I'll wait it out until I figure what I and the plugins are doing wrong. TY though.

#27 ·
I'm a long-time ePSXe user decided to give pcsx-r a try just today. What issue with games not working are you having exactly? My entire library of ripped games worked as well as it did on ePSXe. Pad plugin support, anti-jittering and widescreen hack too so I am sticking with it.

Issues with pcsx-r so far are tearing and frame drops.

#29 ·
Ok it seems I fixed the issue, don't mean to ask for help and pull a nvm, I'm just the type who doesn't wanna sit on his ass waiting for others to solve it for him so I went to work on tweaking. :D Only thing we need now is the PlayStation Emulation Cheater to work.

Sorry for double post, just wanted it known that I replied with the fix.

#30 ·
Yeah, the BIOS dump isn't right, as it turns out. Games refuse to work properly (no controller input) in PCSX-R, but the same games work fine in ePSXe, and allow me to use the Pokopom plugin and SCPH1001 BIOS just fine, either that or definitely PEBKAC.

#32 ·
Amazing I checked Crash 3 and Silent Hill your modification almost completely removed polygon shaking and V-sync is great. BladeGpu is not optimized or just don't like my AMD Cpu (I have fps problem and my cpu dont go over 20% - 40%) and PetesOpenGL 1.78 plugin was outdated. Thank You, Thank You, Thank You.

#33 ·
*Does this fix the black letters in Final Fantasy VI when entering towns and viewing the story scrolling text (opengl2.9 bug)?
*Does this fix the alt+enter struggle of minimizing and maximizing?
*Double click mimimize/maximize?
*Does this make the mouse cursor disappear 5 seconds after mouse inactivity (the superior version)?

#34 ·
*Nope - fixing graphics bug without source code - hardcore :p
*Nope - this is little easier
*Nope - this too
*Nope - nope, currently hides cursor instantly in window/fullscreen (if option is active), 5s delay is quite easy to do

PS: PCSXR dev team is slowly implementing my Save State display fix, yey !!! :p

#35 · (Edited)
1: Could you set up PeteOpenGL2Tweak Git repository maybe on Github ? Development will be faster and potentially more features can be added.
2: What are its potential capabilities can it add new graphical features to the plugin ?
3: So it impossible to fix graphical/compatibility bugs with this tweaker ?
3 PSX emulation is stagnant for a long time because best Graphics plugins are closed source and outdated so I hope at least this Tweak will achieve something.
4: Any news about PCSX-Reloaded Windows version save state display fix ?

#36 ·
1: Yes
2: Dunno, with good assembler knowledge - almost any
3: Is possible but we need some that speaks in assembler to reverse some hardcoded matho_O and KrossX need to get PhD in math :p
4: Linux version is in SVN.

PS: Second part of 3 is a joke :p
PS2: PSX emulation really need OpenGL3 plugin ...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.