PeteOpenGL2Tweak - Tweaker for PeteOpenGL2 plugin w/ GTE Accuracy Hack!

Discussion in 'PSX Plugin Questions & Troubleshooting' started by tapeq, Mar 26, 2014.

1. Mr.Henky

Mr.Henky Member

I have different problem with this plugin: GETAccuracyHack doesn't work with ePSXe 2.0.5. It does with internal OGL plugin, but not with this one.
  2. dekaspace

dekaspace New Member

Apoligies if this has been covered, but having issues since updating tot he plugins on first page, every game I load using the tweak has messed up graphics and I don't have that new feature enabled, I have everything at default as well.
  3. TheDimensioner

TheDimensioner New Member

[​IMG]
    Image credits: SolisX

If your game looks something like that, either disable xBRZ on the gpuPeteOpenGL2Tweak.ini in the "inis" folder in your emulator root (where ePSXe or PCSX-R/PGXP .exe is located), or disable the 2xSaI setting under "Hi-Res Textures" in Pete'sOGL2 2.9 GUI (video plugin's settings). You'd better be using PCSXR-PGXP, since that includes the latest version of this Tweaks plugin, but it still needs Pete'sOGL2 2.9 to be present, and it also only works with PCSXR-PGXP.exe. For ePSXe, you can only use the latest version on this thread.
  4. dekaspace

dekaspace New Member

Yes I was fiddling around with settings and it was xBRZ I notice, not that I care too much, and I already was using PCSXR PGXP.

Didn't know about the hi res textures part though I always had it set to 2 (stretch filtering)

I was wondering best overall settings anyway as I have a very powerful pc.

Thanks.
  5. TheDimensioner

@dekaspace Sadly for this emulator, it doesn't benefit from a powerful gaming PC (much). My PC is 9 years old, and it runs the emulator much like a recent PC, using "max" settings (as in, overall enhancements cranked up). PSX emulation needs "new life" breathed into it XD.
    cloudbill likes this.
  6. dekaspace

dekaspace New Member

Yeah I know, I meant more in terms of setting resolution by the tweak or opengls low/high/ultra settings what was the more efficent, and would I need a good gpu to run it compared to internal.

I used to use direct3d for years but that was what put me off gaming as it was so choppy even on high end pc and the choppy audio too.
  7. dekaspace

dekaspace New Member

Another problem I am having now is for pec, if I set it to "true" it was working but now crashes emulator.

Slow boot it won't even boot, normal boot it loads but I can't use save states.

I don't mind not using the setting on the ini as long as I can use something like pec wrapper/pec emulation cheater plugin and then set the plugin it uses but unsure if that works i.e if I set the plugin it uses does it have to be tweak? Will there be side effects.
  8. shinra358

shinra358 Member

I don't know what it is, but it seems like xbrz isn't working very well when you have internal resolution increased anymore. Same with retroarch. What's going on!?
  9. u3L05 vh9jV

u3L05 vh9jV ...

NVIDIA fault, maybe?
    Try disabling shader cache in the NVIDIA control panel.
  10. shinra358

shinra358 Member

Last edited: Apr 29, 2017
  11. zackboy

zackboy New Member

Hi @tapeq , I have a suggestion, do you think it's possible to add an option to choose between xbrz and the PPSSPP's Hybrid+bicubic texture scaler? maybe the black pixels and "nearest parts" will be corrected.. (and the perfs worse I know...)
    TheDimensioner likes this.
  12. OTRIX

OTRIX New Member

I did everything right, but the textures in the RE: Survivor are still distorted and "floating" :( Maybe you'll throw me the last ready-made pack?
    I apologize for my english, I'm russian, so maybe I screwed up somewhere.
  13. TheDimensioner

Try this: http://ngemu.com/threads/pcsxr-pgxp.186369/

The latest WIP is: WIP_PGXP_build_17_04_25. The pack comes with the emulator .exe, the "Tweaks" (an updated version, and it works only with PGXP), and the OpenGL 1.78 plugin (also updated to work only with PGXP). You can overwrite your previous PCSX-R .exe with this, and put the plugins in the "plugins" folder. Make sure you have Pete's OpenGL2 2.9 plugin as well, so you can select "Tweaks 2.4" in the plugins config. Then launch the emulator, select "Configuration..." and "PGXP...". For RE: Survivor, check the first and third boxes (vertex caching isn't necessary for this), and on "Select Pgxp Mode" in the drop down list, use "Memory only". I have done a video comparison of Resident Evil: Survivor, that is just down on the first page of that same thread.
  14. BallerinaMachineGunner

BallerinaMachineGunner New Member

Hi all,

Im a little confused by the mixed messages im reading in this thread. Its implies on the OP that a copy of epsxe 2.0.+ is compatible

but then there are a ton of posts saying that epsxe is not compatible (such as the post above mine). Yet throughout the thread, there are people posting that it is or how to get it to work (none of which worked for me).

The weird thing is that when i install the tweak as instructed, the #xBRZ scale works fine, yet none of the GTE features do. I can get the tweak to work in PCSX-R and RetroArch (mednafen_psx_hw core), but Breath of Fire 4 seems to be incompatible on current builds as there are graphical artifacts (such as in game/engine cutscenes looking like a game of Windows solitaire when you win).

I tried RetroArch using the latest mednafen_psx_hw_libretro.dll and in both PCSX-R and RA, tried the game with all tweaks and shaders set to off to figure out if it was those features causing the gfx issues, but still encountered the same problem. I have also tried using earlier versions of both gpuPeteOpenGL2 and gpuPeteOpenGL2Tweak but the same problems persist.

The threads Ive looked at for solutions are this one and also this one: http://ngemu.com/threads/pcsxr-pgxp.186369/ + various google searches and tutorials.

Im just looking for a straight answer if possible.

Thanks in advanced.

===== Specs =====

WIndows 8.1 x64
    GTX 970
    i7 - 2600k stock
    Epsxe 2.0.5 (also tried 2.0.0)
    Latest RetroeArch + Mednafen psx HW core.
    Last edited: May 6, 2017
  15. dpence

dpence New Member

it is compatible with epsxe 2.0.x as long as you are using the official pete's .dll in the folder, it does NOT work with the hacked version of pete's plugin built into epsxe 2.0.x...
    in all honesty the hacked version of pete's in epsxe is probably better, it's more integrated and basically takes most of the hacks the hacker does and builds them in.. widescreen, pixel accuracy, gte percision are all in epsxe's version...no xBR but you can doo all that via shader with less artifacts anyway...
  16. zackboy

zackboy New Member

Hi again @tapeq
    After testing various configuration of the Modded OpenGL 1.78 with xbrz i've find how to correct the black pixels and nearest parts.
    This issue will be corrected by passing the "alpha multipass" BEFORE the texture scaling (or something like that, I don't know how it work but the issue is between the scaling and this option)!!! :)

Is it possible? :D
    (Alpha multi pass is needed by some textures, without they aren't opaque)
    Last edited: May 8, 2017
  17. BallerinaMachineGunner

BallerinaMachineGunner New Member

In short:
    - Does not work with official gpuPeteOpenGL2 2.9 with both GTE hack enabled
    - Does not work with gpuPeteOpenGL2Tweak 2.3 with hacks disabled/enabled via Options

By all means call me stupid for not being able to read properly as maybe i need something simple to be spelt out, but are you talking about gpuPeteOpenGL2 from this site when referring to the official pete's .dll?

I have ePSXe 2.0.5 with the official openGL 2.9 plugin from Petes website (that ive linked above) as the only video plugin sitting in the plugins folder with both of the GTE Hacks enabled in the options menu, but while the widescreen hack works, the sub pixel accuracy does not.

If i place the gpuPeteOpenGL2Tweak 2.3 (or 2.4 , which i believe is meant only for PCSXr) into the folder and use that, nothing works other than xBRZ.

TheDimensioner assisted me in getting PCSXR to work, but I have had no luck with ePSXe.

Again, call me stupid, but am I missing something here?
    Last edited: May 8, 2017
  18. TheDimensioner

@meowchin Place both "gpuPeteOpenGL2.dll" (from the official site, v2.9) and "gpuPeteOpenGL2Tweak.dll" (from the releases page on this thread, v2.3) into the plugins folder of ePSXe's root. Use the video plugin select screen and select Tweaks 2.3. Configure the basic graphics options in the GUI, than close the emulator, and open the "inis" folder in the root. Open "gpuPeteOpenGL2Tweak.ini", and set the first option to "true". Enable the "Subpixel precision" in the "GTE hacks" option. It should work, since I've demonstrated it in the ePSXe video on the other thread, and well, it causes those "holes" issue on CTR. I wouldn't expect this GTE hack working like PGXP, since it's simpler, but like I said, there's less wobbling with it enabled. And like @dpence said, since the Pete's core plugin is better integrated into ePSXe, that might have some different modifications from the Tweaks to make it work better with Subpixel precision.

And I don't think you're stupid, it's easy to miss the "in-betweens" sometimes ;).
  19. dpence

dpence New Member

Dimensioner said it well up this post... official pete's is the Official plugin from pete's page... EPSXE also has one built in, but it isn't dll it is actually in the epsxe executable.. but you select it the same way...it's called ogl 2.0.0 BUT it is newer than pete's 2.9.... using the built in one, subpixel percision and gte accuracy works (just has to be enabled in epsxe's options ) widescreen also works BUT not with all games... Crash 3 for example, will have missing textures and stuff on each side cause the game engine was designed for 4x3 and the way the game is coded it's harder to predict the geometry/textures, etc that need to be plugged in on what would normally be offscreen, If using the tweaker you stiff need to enable them in epsxe's options or the engine will not send the needed data to the plugin.

oh like dimensioner, I don't think your stupid either...lol
    this stuffs not always plug and play
  20. shinra358

shinra358 Member

Is it possible in any emu code-wise to increase the internal resolution of 3D objects only and leave 3D elements in their original resolution?