Playstation 3 controller on ePSXe?

Discussion in 'ePSXe Discussion' started by Necksnapper, Jul 2, 2010.

1. Necksnapper

Necksnapper New Member

Is it possible to plug in a Playstation 3 controller using the 5-pin USB cable the system came with? I've got everything else working but this. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. rui-no-onna

rui-no-onna New Member

Motion in Joy.
  4. Necksnapper

Necksnapper New Member

sweet, that got windows to recognize it no problem. Thanks a bunch! Can't seem to get ePSXe to get off using virtual controllers though. Certain plugin I need to use to get it working?
  5. Intugo

Intugo New Member

You need the sixaxis drivers which you can find here.

Install that, and open the ps3sixaxis_en file. After that, press the HOME button on the controller. And go calibrate the controller @ control panel.

Should be able to set it up in ePSXE now.
  6. Squall-Leonhart

Squall-Leonhart NGemu Award Winner Award Winner!

motion joy is better than the sixaxis driver.
  7. matorre2048

matorre2048 New Member

I have motionjoy but when i set it to read my sticks, it epsxe does not read my right stick inputs at all. So i can't play some games >.< like i guess its because its set to Z axis and rx axis? i think idk im not very savy with all this...
  8. Fadingz

Fadingz 代言人 Translator Junior Contributor Award Winner!

9. strajfen

strajfen New Member

Xpadder have actually caused problems for me in epsxe. I could map the buttons in epsxe controller settings, but when I started a game button pressing didn't register.

I mapped the cross to the arrows on the keyboard, and the left analog aswell. To be able to use the analog sticks for games that were made before the analog sticks came (Alundra is a good example where this is a nice feature).

Worked at first, but then it got messed up somehow.

Anyway, motioninjoy 0.50002 works great. I had some problems in 0.40002, it would change the L2 and R2 into analog sticks instead of buttons or something like that.

0.502 haven't let me down once so far, except for the time I tried using bluetooth. The controller shut down sometimes when I was using it, and if you plugged in the usb cable and pulled it out again while connected to bluetooth = instant bluescreen (windows 7).
  10. UmahMkay

UmahMkay New Member

Guys I need help, the MotioninJoy DS3 program won't load the first page it keeps saying it was unable to load.
  11. strajfen

strajfen New Member

If you're using 64 bit windows, reboot -) press F8 for boot menu -) disable driver signing.
  12. UmahMkay

UmahMkay New Member

I'm running 32-bit Windows 7, and rebooting hasn't helped. Thanks for the response.
  13. strajfen

strajfen New Member

I'm guessing you have tried running the install as administrator? It's probably required otherwise. It also might be worth running it in compability mode (although I've had little success when this in simular situations).