Playstation Emulator Cheater Setup guide.

Discussion in 'Misc PSX Discussion' started by Squall-Leonhart, Feb 29, 2008.

1. mistamontiel

mistamontiel ..!!

Salutations. Is the link to PEC in the original post the latest..?

I went over to the PEC site so I could back-up the installer into my flash drive. Then uploaded.to tells me that they're not available in my country
  2. erajorma

erajorma New Member

doesnt rally matter what program version you use, the codelist is more important. and it can vary really.. there isnt one and only site that keep the code lists most-up-to-date.. which is sad i guess.
  3. gondracorn

gondracorn New Member

Installed pec in program files... couldn't remove

I hate this program. I installed it in program files in windows 8. No choice of op sys... got it when bought new computer when old one crashed (XP). Now it's telling me that I can't auto or manually edit the .ini file to add cheats for the US version of Digimon Card Battle.

I tried removing, but it was not on program files. The guy forgot to write it in the program files.

Installed a second one in My Documents --> Program Files (custom created) where there is no restriction. Edits fine, but when I run the plugin in epsxe or pscx, I get a boolean error, which, as a programmer, tells me that there are two instances of the same program I believe, and I can do nothing about it, since I cannot delete, remove, uninstall the program from program files except by system recovery, cause I didn't do a system restore backup since I first got this computer. :S

Any other options for me to cheat this game and play with a full deck than spend hours I do not have collecting those cards this whole time?

I tried a few saves, but they did not have gatomon/salamon as a partner. So I want to make one. Problem is, I have to start from the beginning, and I rather have a full deck than a blank starter one. I tried the game from the beginning, and it's as hard as hell. :S
  4. Seikijin

Seikijin New Member

People Like picture's when looking at setup's so I'm here to provide pictures on entering codes.

#1 Go to the place you installed pec and open the codelist
    [​IMG]

#2 Ctrl&F to search for the game you're looking for easier then to add cheats just squeeze in the cheat like so; there's nothing fancy here. (Everything is in order, so if you don't know the code that sets apart Jap/US in the code list just go by the order you see when activating cheats)
    "Have all items
    50006F02 0000
    80059700 6363
    [​IMG]

#3 It should show up in your cheats like so.
    [​IMG]
  5. MMDE

MMDE New Member

Don't know if I'm being totally off-topic now, but I've found Cheat Engine to be very useful no matter what console I play on. I just search the memory the emulator has allocated and look for values that is changing etc. Then I can browse memory regions and edit it in real time etc. Works wonders and makes it very easy to just do whatever you want to do in the game. Anything from skipping levels to moving yourself to different locations in the level. Get x amount of whatever item or stat etc. You can of course freeze various addresses at whatever value you want. It just works. :p You can of course save memory offsets too (not just the current address), so you can save "cheats" you've figured out and use them later.
  6. Dormient

Dormient New Member

Hi, I just recently downloaded the new ePSXe v2.0, and the PEC isn't showing up anymore? I did a clean install and checking the path and everything, but I can't seem to find the option to use PEC as my video config? Help! Thanks before
  7. lucifer2066

lucifer2066 New Member

Go here http://psxdatacenter.com/downloads.html

And look for this - PEC NEW DLL FOR EPSXE V.2.0
    and download it to replace the old pec.dll. Just put it in the plugins folder and it will work just like the old one did. :)
    Dormient likes this.
  8. lucifer2066

lucifer2066 New Member

This is a nice tutorial for PEC, but what I was looking for was a complete explanation on all the syntax for editing the cheat database .ini. Like how to make the menus and joker commands and such work for people that are n00bs to working with it. I have done a bit of work with it, but I sometimes forget how to do it because I get busy doing other things and it might be years before I play the old games again :p The data base editor only does a few of the basic things and it does do joker commands, but to be honest, I've even forgot what the heck those are, lol. (Guess I'm getting old).

So yeah I would love it if the OP or somebody would post a guide for people explaining all of the formats to get the codes to show up in PEC how you want please.

Thank you. :)
  9. Dormient

Dormient New Member

Thank you so much! When PSX was out, I was only 12, and never had any knowledge about these gameshark and the like. I only know about it when I entered college and first heard of this emulator. PEC really helps when all you want is a walk down the memory lane, without wasting (too much) time. Thank you once again!