playstation emulators pc compared to ps3

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by unit666, May 6, 2012.

1. unit666

unit666 *********

well it is now 2012 and high def televisions are everywhere with ps3's hooked up to them and i am wondering if the psone games really look the same as the once did in 1994 with are giant colossal TVs that you do not dare move for it may crush your psone sitting on the floor lol.

does the ps3 play it's predecessors better than pcsx or epsxe. And do these games look even remotley the same anymore as they once did on these high def TVs
    Last edited: May 6, 2012
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. Princess Garnet

Princess Garnet From Love and Limerence

I'm a bit unsure of what you're asking.

If you're comparing PlayStation emulators on the PC to the PlayStation 3 era games, of course the latter will look better.

If you're comparing the PlayStation emulators on the PC to running a PlayStation game on the PlayStation 3 on a HDTV (which is what I think you are but I'm asking just to be sure), then the former is vastly superior in my opinion. You have save states, more flexibility, hardware plug-ins/rendering, enhancements, etc. I know the PlayStation 2 supposedly had "texture mapping" and faster disc read/loading, and I'm unsure of what the PlayStation 3 has going for it in that regard. Per the "HDTV" part, the HDTVs (and this applies to HD/wide LCD displays on the PC side as well) only serve to make it look less ideal, because A) it's the wrong aspect ratio, and B) the games aren't HD and actually arguably look better at lower resolutions. There's more to it than "more resolution!".

That's concerning visuals. Accuracy is another story, and one I can't speak for, but I know ePSXe and many other PC emulators are very, very good (and in the cases of "anomalies", it's more down to the visual plug-ins). I'd imagine neither has a big issue or a big advantage over the other in accuracy itself.

Overall, I say you've got a "better" option using a PC emulator, but in my opinion, the big thing the PlayStation 3 has going against it is that the typical setup will probably have a 16:9 LCD HDTV, and with that being the common factor on the PC side as well, it's not exclusive to just it.
  4. unit666

unit666 *********

that is what i ment princess garnet which one is more accurate does the ps3 play it's predecessors better than the pc emulators
    and how different games look on the ps3 or pc at higher resolutions compared to the old ps1 using av cables at 480p. and the funny thing is i found this kinda the same question on a older thread on this website.

heres the thread
    http://forums.ngemu.com/showthread.php?t=103165
    Last edited: May 6, 2012
  5. the_randomizer

the_randomizer Fluffy Animal Admirer

Final Fantasy VII is has some very odd sound effects on the PS3's playstation emulator (the sword slash sound is way off). But in ePSXe, sound effects are near-perfect.
  6. Strike105X

Strike105X ヒットハード&高速 Award Winner!

The answer is no you get better quality on PC for PS1 games.