Playstation Vita: General Screenshots

Discussion in 'General Screenshots' started by snickothemule, Aug 12, 2012.

1. snickothemule

snickothemule brb gonna go fist the world lol Junior Contributor Award Winner!

[​IMG]

A thread for the PS Vita games screenshots?

Sure, why not. The vita may not have an enormous variety of games at the moment, but it does have some solid titles, even though they include ports or existing games. This thread is an opportunity to share some screenshots you have taken with your Vita, and maybe comment about the games themselves.

Cool, how do I take screenshots?

It's quite easy, during gameplay, hold down the Playstation button on the bottom left and quickly press start on the bottom right at the same time.

I have the screenshots, how do I upload them?

Connect your Vita to your PC with the cable you use to charge it with, ensure you have the Playstation Content Manager installed, and follow the on screen prompts. It's a bit of a hassle, but it works.

Oh god these screenshots are tiny, why are they so tiny? I don't want them to be tiny, I want them to be HD like my PC. Everything is terrible. I hate the Vita. I need a hug.

Whoa whoa whoa, slow down there fella, take a deep breath. The Vita will take screenshots at its natural resolution of 960x544, they also might not represent the quality that you will see on the Vita's actual screen. For instance, Uncharted looks rather aliased in screenshots and a bit washed out, but on the Vita it looks super smooth and colourful as any gay pride parade.

I have pics!

Post 'em!

Rayman Origins

Game is stunningly beautiful, it's like controlling an animated movie, controls are tight and touchscreen is used to pick up some collectibles.

Show Spoiler
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice

A port with a whole bunch of DLC added in for good measure. If your a fan of the series, the Vita outing is very good.

Show Spoiler
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus

It may be the 500th outing of this blasted game, but it's still one of the best action games of all time. First debut on the Xbox, and with an HD version on the PS3, the Vita version follows the PS3 version quite closely, with added content and visual enhancements over it's first outing. Controls are tight, runs at a very smooth framerate and has nice quick loading times. Touch controls are now used for manually aiming the bow which is a bit of a drag, but the game is still fantastic.

Show Spoiler
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. koko

koko ! Award Winner!

Portstation Vita -_-

Some Gravity Rush shots if ya have it
  4. Kaiser Sigma

Kaiser Sigma ~ Lord of Darkness ~

The GBA was overpopulated with ports and it turned out to be one of the most sold handheld devices. Funny how it works~.

I've a bunch of screenshots from Gravity Rush, I'll post them when I get home~.
  5. Kaiser Sigma

Alright, 57 screenshots I took during my playthrough can be found here~.
  6. koko

koko ! Award Winner!

Cool shots. I like the visuals.
  7. Samor

Samor CEO and Chief Editor of Samor Foundry

very strange art style.
  8. _E_

_E_ <font color="#990000"><b>Lurking</b></font>

This is...cool. Love the art style.
  9. jazzyjeff

jazzyjeff New Member

Anyone have MvC screenshots? Most sites have the 360/PS3 version in place of the Vita ones.
  10. snickothemule

Unfortunately MvC is one of the very few games that does not support the screenshot feature. For some reason Capcom disabled it.

In comparison with the PS3/360 version it looks essentially the same, except with a tad bit more aliasing and a few of the effects have been slightly scaled back. All in all though it's nothing you'll really notice during frantic gameplay, plus the game looks and sounds a real treat.

Controls are also very tight and responsive, the Vita's d-pad is a strong bit of kit. Plays best with a hand grip to relax your palms a bit.
  11. jazzyjeff

jazzyjeff New Member

Ahh, that explains it. I've looked around for screens, and everyone says it's exactly like the ps3/360 version.

Thanks for the info, I may pick this up after all, especially after hearing the controls aren't flawed.
  12. snickothemule

Mortal Kombat

Gameplay is as fluid as the PS3/360 version, controls are good and all the content is there, plus an additional 150 stage challenge tower. The biggest problem is the graphics. While not overly terrible, the characters have a very low polygon count, strange textures at times, aliasing and lacking a shader or two to really finish off the look. Additionally the menu's are a bit inconsistent, some of the text is rather crisp, easy to read, some of it, in particular the in fight text options are blurry and a bit difficult to read. Game is still fun as hell, just looks a little raw and blurry.

[​IMG]

Show Spoiler
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Full gallery.
  13. Phil

Phil Site Owner Award Winner!

Here's a few recent screenies from P4G.

[​IMG]

I had just gotten my Scooter license, and decided to ride to the next city over in search of some fresh p***y.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Alas, it doesn't go well with our heroes.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  14. Kaiser Sigma

I forgot about this thread, I should take more screenshots of games to share and whatnot to spread the word. In the meantime, 96 images from AC3:Liberation from my playthrough~.
  15. snickothemule

Thanks for the screens lads, I've heard so much about Persona I might give it a shot, and after playing AC3 on PC, I have far more interest in the Vita version. Playing as a female protagonist seems like a more interesting change for the series, not that the Native American angle was bad or anything.
  16. snickothemule

[​IMG]

Show Spoiler

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Show Spoiler

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Show Spoiler

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Full Gallery
  17. SCHUMI_4EVER

SCHUMI_4EVER Hackin 'n Slashin Staff Member Award Winner!

That Ninja Gaiden game looks hard to play thanks to everything being blurry and having similar colours.
  18. snickothemule

Its not a problem, on screen it looks very good, just a lower res version on the PS3, but there is considerable slowdown. Vita screenshots often look crummy in comparison with what the screen outputs.
  19. Kaiser Sigma

Handheld screenshots always look like garbage versus the real thing; the 3DS may not have PSV like graphics but they aren't as terrible as they look on screenshots. The same applies to the PSV. I haven't taken screenshots in forever, if I do I'll make sure to post some~.
  20. snickothemule

[​IMG]

A few screenies from my initial play. This game is very, very good. So far the game places you in an arena to fight off a series of monsters. Upon killing a monster, you have the option to save it, or sacrifice it. Saving gives more health, sacrificing gives you more power or something like that.

Being an arena type fighter, sort of like Monster Hunter, there are a series of attacks, quick, heavy, ranged, each of them dependent on you sacrificing parts of yourself to use them. Use the same attacks too many times, you won't be able to sacrifice anything to use them and your left vulnerable. Managing yourself through combat is a pretty neat technique.

Saving or sacrificing bosses has impact on the story, so there is plenty of opportunity for replaying the game to see the other side of the tale, with each decision having its own consequences.

Story is great, it's a very sordid tale and the method of narration is quite intriguing. Game is great, can't wait to play through more.

Show Spoiler
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  21. SCHUMI_4EVER

SCHUMI_4EVER Hackin 'n Slashin Staff Member Award Winner!

So you're not disappointed then? Cuz I remember you were super excited after showing off a trailer where a guy ripped out his spine and used it as a weapon.