Pokemon Fire Red on Mac- Gameshark codes?

Discussion in 'Visualboy Advance Discussion' started by seal34, Aug 15, 2009.

1. seal34

seal34 New Member

I can't seem to get Gameshark codes to work on VBA 1.7.4 for Mac.
    I usually get an "invalid code format" message or the codes have no effect.
    Is there anyone running something similar and that might have suggestions for me?
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. SavageNoble

SavageNoble New Member

Are you adding the codes under the Gameshark setting? Also, the site you're getting codes from could be filled with bogus codes, so it's probably a good idea to check around.
  4. seal34

seal34 New Member

I've definitely entered them under the Gameshark setting. I've even tried some CodeBreaker codes under that setting, but nothing has worked. Can your recommend any site to get legit codes proven to work? supercheats.com didn't work for me.
  5. SavageNoble

SavageNoble New Member

Well I can tell you the infinite cash cheat works on this list, though I didn't try any others. But I'd say that most of them will work.

Be sure you turn on the Master Code too (which for me said was for a different game, but it still worked), Gameshark cheats won't work without it.
  6. seal34

seal34 New Member

How did you put in the Master code?
    I tried putting it in, starting the ROM, saving and closing the ROM, putting in the modifier codes, then restarting the ROM.
  7. SavageNoble

SavageNoble New Member

You don't close the rom. You just start the game, then input the master code and your other cheats and they'll work.
  8. seal34

seal34 New Member

As long as the ROM is open "Add Gameshark codes" under Options is greyed out.
  9. Squall-Leonhart

Squall-Leonhart NGemu Award Winner Award Winner!

add them as Codebreaker codes.
  10. seal34

seal34 New Member

How do I go about adding them? Like I said, both "add Codebreaker codes" and "add Gameshark codes" under Options are greyed out as long as the ROM is open.
  11. Dragonessa

Dragonessa New Member

I've got that same exact problem! Its driving me crazy! Every code I've tried and every f***ing combination I've worked fails miserably. I am seriously this close to trashing VBA and trying a different emulator....:(
  12. Praesto

Praesto New Member

I know this thread hasn't been posted on in awhile but if anyone is looking into this i'm having the same problem. The error says invalid code format XXXXXXXXYYYYYYYY. it has 16 digits and all the codes i find have 12 so I'm not sure if there are different codes out there, I've yet to find any 16 digit ones
  13. SCHUMI_4EVER

SCHUMI_4EVER Hackin 'n Slashin Staff Member Award Winner!

12 digit codes should be entered as Codebreaker.