Pokemon GTS with DesEmu

Discussion in 'DeSmuME Discussion' started by darth_mickrig, Oct 22, 2010.

1. darth_mickrig

darth_mickrig New Member

Searching in the net how to trade some pokemons over GTS i found the program HyperGTS which allows you to emulate a GTS server on your pc. After experimenting a bit I figured out how to connect a DesEmu to the emulated GTS server.
    First you need three things:
    1) DesEmu revision with wifi capability
    2) Bios and Firmware of a NDS (google is your friend ;))
    3) HyperGTS, which I will provide here in an attechment

1. Download HyperGTS first from the attechment.
    2. Find out the IP-adress of your computer. If you don't know it by heart you can open windows command console. Type in ipconfig, press Enter and some lines will appear. Your ip will appear under Ip-Adress.
    3. Open DesEmu. Go to Config -> Emulation settings and tick "Use external Bios Image" and "Use external firmware image". Load the correct files into ARM7, ARM9 and Firmware option.
    4. Load a Pokemon Rom. But don't load your game. First you need to setup the Wifi settings. Delete any configuration and search a new access point. Your DesEmu should be set to Infrastructure. If you did so a network named SoftAP will appear. Click on it and autoconfiguration will start. Now you will need to change one thing.
    [​IMG]
    Under Primary DNS you need to type in your conputers IP adress. Save and exit the Wifi config, but don't exit DesEmu or you will loose wifi settings (that is the reason why you will need to do it everytime you want to trade a pkmn via GTS as the bios and firmware isn't saved). Load your game after the automatic reset.
    5. Start HyperGTS. Type in your IP-Adress into the "IP of the fake GTS server" field.
    [​IMG]
    5 a) If you want to send a pokemon to your game you will need to tick "Send Pokemon". If you only want to send one pokemon tick one.pkmn, if you want to send many tick all from folder. Now navigate to the folder where your .pkm files are. You will get these by sending Pkmns to your server, you can download them here, or you can create them with pokesav. Press "Start DNS" and "Start GTS".
    5 b) If you want to send a pkmn to the GTS server make sure "Send Pokemon" is unticked. If you want to keep the Pokemon in your game you need to tick "Reject the Pokemon" for HG and SS or "Start sending the Pokemon after receiving" for Diamond, Pearl and Platin. Press "Start DNS" and "Start GTS".
    6. In the game go to the GTS building and now connect. If you did everything right the connection will be established and you can now "trade" your PKMN from one edition to another.
    7. When you finished press "Stop GTS" and "Stop DNS" and close HyperGTS. You will need to disconnect your DesEmu first.

If there are any questions, suggestions, additions feel free to post them here. This guide is still not the best so hopefully you can help me to improve it. If you feel offended by the grammar or spelling I am deeply sorry but my English is still not perfect.

PS: Proof :)
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2010
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. Sky*dragon

Sky*dragon Pokemon Lover

Nice Man Thx
  4. Sky*dragon

Sky*dragon Pokemon Lover

I try it and it did not work
    why?