Pokopom XInput Pad Plugin

Discussion in 'PSX Plugin Questions & Troubleshooting' started by KrossX, Sep 17, 2011.

1. AaronGR

AaronGR New Member

Yeah I was really hoping to see something like that, is there an INI file that I can edit or something, to just add the information. I skimed through those threads but did not quite find any one with same problem. Like if possible maybe you could share your used inifile or the or the settings that that would reflect for it. I am using Pokopom r124.zip from your google code site
  2. KrossX

KrossX クロスエクス

Yes. When you extract/place SHARK in the ePSXe directory it creates the ini subdirectory with a bunch of files in it.

The file you would need to edit is called ePSXe_shark_pads.ini by mere chance. For Pokopom, it would have the following content:

Code:
    PORT1 = padPokopom.dll
    PORT2 = padPokopom.dll

#EDIT: Note, SHARK should be alongside ePSXe. The shark_padconfig file should be in the same place as the ePSXe file. Thus, make sure the directory for the inis is ePSXe/inis and not ePSXe/shark/inis. I hope this ain't confusing. =S
  3. AaronGR

AaronGR New Member

AHH, I was really hoping that would work. I created "ePSXe_shark_pads.ini" and put
    Code:
    PORT1 = padPokopom.dll
    PORT2 = padPokopom.dll
    Like you mentioned in my "E:\Emulation\PSXshark\ePSXe180\inis" directory, then tried to run the "shark_padconfig" still didnt load, so I crossed my fingers and started ePSXe, but no still didnt not see the Pokopom option, just the normal default ones.

Like I dont understand why it does nothing cause when I click on the "shark_cheater" it starts right up. I dont wanna be a cheater lol I just wanna use Pokopom. I dont know if anyone would be really to try and upload thier Shark Enhanced ePSXe directory for me that has a 360 controller already set up with Pokopom to see if that may fix the problem. my ePSXe director is just under 5 mb
  4. AaronGR

AaronGR New Member

Yeah I made sure that everything was in the ePSXe directy, like I copied the content of the Shark folder, and pasted it directly into the ePSXe direct then did the Patch.nt script
  5. KrossX

KrossX クロスエクス

You won't see anything in ePSXe itself that tells you its working. Since Pokopom doesn't use custom mapping, the pad should just work... if SHARK is working.

In the ini directory, you do see the other ePSXe_shark ini files, right?
  6. AaronGR

AaronGR New Member

Yes it creates the other INIs and shark is working when I start ePSXe it says Shark Enhanced. So how would I got about testing it, like how will I know it its on? how to switch from analog and stuff

EDIT:

Well after creating that ini file the, I start up a game, and now no controlls work, like it has not been configured, so that atleast tells me that ePSXe has recognized the ini, i think am possible getting closer,
  7. KrossX

KrossX クロスエクス

Well, just play something and move the controller. XD

To toggle the analog you can use the numbers 1 to 4 or just the big X in the controller. The scroll lock led on your keyboard is used as analog led (if you have that led that is).
  8. AaronGR

AaronGR New Member

I just downloaded the original shark, from the 1.7 version and the "shark_padconfig" seems to open up and work for that, the difference between the 1.7 version its 40kb and the 1.8 version is only 12.5 kb. Could you please do me a favor and inspect the propertied of your "shark_padconfig, and tell me what size it is and for what version.
  9. KrossX

KrossX クロスエクス

81.5 KiB ... =_="

#EDIT: I would suggest to try again from ePSXe 1.7.0 and the original SHARK. Then update them.
  10. AaronGR

AaronGR New Member

Good Idea that is what I been trying for the last 10 mins, but for some reason, when I hit configure on the the 1.7 shark pad_config, after selecting "Pokopom" nothing comes up, is there suppose to be a configure box in the pad_config"
  11. KrossX

KrossX クロスエクス

Yes, when using the shark_padconfig, pressing the Config button will bring up the normal config dialog of the plugin. Do please check the Shark Enhanced thread and get the required runtimes, make sure to get the x86 ones while at it.
  12. AaronGR

AaronGR New Member

Went over that post again and tried everything, even re-downloaded everything. I might have to install Windows 7 and then give it a try again. I guess until that moment, I will just deal with it, but wont be playing any 3d games, lol its just horrendous with out Pokopom working. Luckily I am a avid RPG gamer and there many games out there that may lack the graphics but have the story.
  13. KrossX

KrossX クロスエクス

There's something certainly wrong with your setup, but kinda hard to know what it is. A reinstall should help but maybe you'll repeat whatever messed things up, and end up the same. =S
  14. AaronGR

AaronGR New Member

;P hope not lol
  15. AaronGR

AaronGR New Member

I am back with a fresh install of windows 7, and the prereqs! working perfect now!! Thank for your help yesterday KrossX. You helped me trouble shoot everything tell we had exhausted all options!

But now its working perfect with windows 7.
  16. KrossX

KrossX クロスエクス

Nice, congratulations! :D
  17. AaronGR

AaronGR New Member

I have a question concerning this plugin and Dolphin emulator. Is there a way to make it work for the GAME cube. Cause the native plugin there leaves really much to be desired.
  18. KrossX

KrossX クロスエクス

Nope, cuz Dolphin doesn't use plugins no more. Everything is integrated.
  19. isamu

isamu New Member

The integrated Dolphin controller config tool is one of the best I've ever seen. The amount of remapping and customizability is endless. What exactly about it leaves a lot to be desired in your opinion?
  20. KrossX

KrossX クロスエクス

Sometimes you just don't wanna configure stuff. :p