Pokopom XInput Pad Plugin

Discussion in 'PSX Plugin Questions & Troubleshooting' started by KrossX, Sep 17, 2011.

1. AaronGR

AaronGR New Member

That's the honest truth for me plug and play is much more convient :)
  2. Shendo

Shendo Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I have a bug to report (or is this wanted behavior?).
    When the emulator closes down Scroll Lock stays on even if it wasn't before running the emulator.

Can you add the option to restore the previous state of Scroll Lock after shutting down the plugin/emulator?
  3. Squall-Leonh@rt

Squall-Leonh@rt Maybe I'm a Lion

that occurs in any program

since scroll lock is a system key.
  4. KrossX

KrossX クロスエクス

Since I implemented it that I save the state and restore it on exit. Worked fine on PCSX2, but PSX emus kinda closed the plugin weirdly.
  5. Squall-Leonh@rt

Squall-Leonh@rt Maybe I'm a Lion

aren't they managing the key map instead of letting the plugin do it?
  6. KrossX

KrossX クロスエクス

Everything can check the keyboard if it wants. I just gotta make some decent logs to see what's called on exit.
  7. Taran

Taran Am I real?

Very impressed with this program. Great job. Took a bit of hunting on my part to make it work...but now that it does its flawless. Epsxe actually feels like it was meant to run on my 360 controller.
  8. shinra358

shinra358 Member

How come NullDC support was removed?
  9. KrossX

KrossX クロスエクス

It's GPL code and I'm trying to change the license to MIT. So I gotta make those sections anew with original code.
  10. r0man0

r0man0 New Member

I've just discovered this plugin to use with Project 64 , for me it's the best input plugin for n64 emulator , of course i use an xbox360 joystick and it works perfect , i suggest an option necessary for N64 FPS games & right-handed : Trigger (RT & LT) invert , because it's very difficult to play Goldeneye , Perfect Dark and other FPS with LT as Fire. Maybe also add an option to define path of mempacks folder that is on romfolder by default.
    Great job , thank you.
  11. shinra358

shinra358 Member

Hey KrossX, can you go back to the version before you removed nulldc and make a special version that allows the special screens to come on in n64 emulators when a controller is removed (screens that say that you need to reset the console and replug the controller)? I think you once said that it was a simple flag toggle and that you would do it but I guess it was forgotten. This is for preservation purposes so that a person can see all aspects like original system. Hotplugging doesn't work anyway for pj64 emus because n64 didn't support it. So it would be cool to have it display those screens like the real console.
  12. KrossX

KrossX クロスエクス

I haven't touched the code, and that's actually quite a lot of work that I dunno when it's gonna happen. :confused:
  13. Jake3

Jake3 New Member

I really hope this is the correct place to ask my question.

In order to make FFB work on ePSXe with a wired xbox 360 pad I tried using Pokopom plugin. First I downloaded and used ePSXe 1.9.25 but when I realized I needed Pokopom (which needs Shark) I also downloaded 1.8.0 plus Shark enhanced 1.8.0 and latest Pokopom. I got them all working and I tested with Tekken 3 (I've enabled visual FFB so I'm sure that the game sends FFB signal) and the pad vibrated exactly when the screen was shaking, as it should. When I tried another game - only the screen was shaking and no real physical FFB from the pad itself occurred.

What I've tested so far (IIRC):
    ePSXe 1.8 + shark enhanced 1.8
    ePSXe 1.7 + shark enhanced 1.8
    ePSXe 1.6 + shark enhanced 1.8

I couldn't find a download link for Shark 1.7 anywhere so I'd try that too if someone could provide a link.

What else should I try? Another version of Pokopom? Shark 1.7 instead of 1.8? Or something completely different?
  14. KrossX

KrossX クロスエクス

If it's working in one game, then that's it, your setup should be fine. You can try increasing the rumble strength in the options in case it's too low to even be noticeable.

In case it's a bug, it would be good to know which game you tested that isn't working.

Motors take some time to move. Depending on how the game sends rumble commands, the effect might actually be unnoticeable. However, I do remember making some workaround against too quick effects.
  15. Jake3

Jake3 New Member

Thank you for your reply. Yes, it's strange indeed for it to work in one game and not in another. I tried increasing Rumble all the way to 200% and it still didn't work. The game in question is Jackie Chan Stuntmaster. Would it be possible to test the game yourself and report if it works for you?
  16. KrossX

KrossX クロスエクス

It seems rumble will only work when analog mode is enabled on the controller. Press the number 1 key, or the GUIDE / HOME controller button. I am unable to test what a real dualshock 1 does in that situation. (digital mode + rumble command)

PS: No GUIDE button on Windows 10 ? Dammit. =S
  17. Jake3

Jake3 New Member

Switching to both analog and digital mode is usually one of the first things I try when troubleshooting this kind of stuff, so I forgot to mention it because I always do it. However, even if FFB doesn't work in digital mode, shouldn't switching to analog mode make it work?

PS I'm not sure exactly what you mean. What's the problem if there's no Guide button in Win 10?
  18. KrossX

KrossX クロスエクス

I tested the game. Rumble worked when analog mode was enabled. Press the Guide button or the 1 key. The scroll lock light on the keyboard should light on, if you have it.

The plugin uses the Guide/Home button as the analog button, but it doesn't work on Windows 10. It seems that button is once again unusable.
  19. Jake3

Jake3 New Member

Then do you have any idea why it isn't working for me (I know about the Scroll Lock indicator and as I already mentioned, I've tried analog mode)? And even if the Guide button doesn't work in Win 10, you can still switch by pressing 1 key (yes, it's not as comfortable as using the Guide button, but at least it doesn't totally break anything). Can you tell me exactly what your setup is - for example what BIOS do you use? I'm not really sure if BIOS can affect this specific thing though. Also, which version of ePSXe did you test - 1.8?
  20. KrossX

KrossX クロスエクス

If you're able to use Pokopom and already have rumble in another game, then that's it.

You can try the game options on the start, and toggle vibartion on and off in there. That's a quick way to test the rumble in that game. In my test, the controller vibrated only on analog mode though visual rumble worked both ways.

There's nothing more to add though, Pokopom is really simple in how it works. Why it wouldn't work for you? I have no idea. You could try PCSXr and use Pokopom directly (for testing purposes), but I doubt there would be any difference.