Post Pics of The Game(s) You Are Playing

Discussion in 'PC Games Screenshots' started by Gladiator@, Sep 27, 2010.

1. Thanakil

Thanakil NGemu Award Winner Award Winner!

You can quick save just about anywhere/anytime, it's temporarily disabled during quests. (Not during the ENTIRE quests, generally, just during sensitive moments)
    GPU: Severely overclocked 7950
    If I put the settings at Ultra (without hairworks), I get about 35-40 fps at 1920x1080.
    I disabled some of the lesser post-processing effects (like blur / motion blur / Chromatic Aberration / Bloom) and reduced HBAO+ to SSAO / Foliage Distance to high. (Trees farther in the distance don't look as good, gives a good boost)

In return I used VSR (through a registry fix, 7950 not fully supported yet) to increase the resolution to 2560x1440. Framerate ultimately remains the same: around 40fps.
    A large part of the beauty of the game comes from all the small details around, which doesn't look quite as good with aliasing. They make great use of the winds, with the trees bending around and the grass moving.
    (Third picture shows some of it during a storm)

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
  2. snickothemule

snickothemule brb gonna go fist the world lol Junior Contributor Award Winner!

I'm kinda bummed that TressFX didn't make it into the game despite the tech being proven to work for some time now. Sheeet, if a PS4 can do it in Tomb Raider, then why the fudge not Witcher 3!
  3. Squall-Leonh@rt

Squall-Leonh@rt Maybe I'm a Lion

TressFX is shit in comparison to an actually Optimised hair computation system (Which hairworks is)

The only reason it has performance issues on AMD is because of their pathetic Raster engine design chokes on tesselation.

https://scalibq.wordpress.com/2010/...in-my-previous-blog-from-an-unexpected-place/
  4. DarkSamus

DarkSamus PC game modder Award Winner!

Would love to see hairworks in more games.
  5. Strike105X

Strike105X ヒットハード&高速 Award Winner!

Loving the dawnguard DLC, they did a more fantastic job then the base game lol:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  6. Thanakil

If the character sheet is to be believed, I've supposedly spent over 130 hours playing this game.

Anyway, Dragon Age is still better because it'd allow me to romance this character:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
  7. Thanakil

CDProjekt lied about so many things about this game.
    "We have recorded 16 hours of sex scenes" "Every area that you see, you can walk to" "Every mountain that you see, you can climb" "This game actually has an ending"
    IT NEVER FUCKING ENDS.

Potential minor spoilers await.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sooner or later I'm just gonna go "Nah, go ahead and kill Ciri or some shit, I'm gonna go back to GTA".
  8. Thanakil

With Grim Dawn 50% off, I decided to give it a try.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  9. SCHUMI_4EVER

SCHUMI_4EVER Hackin 'n Slashin Staff Member Award Winner!

Well that name certainly isn't misleading cuz those screens certainly are grim.

And how's it been? I remember there was quite a bit of hype for it after Diablo 3 was condemned as too cartoony around the same time the Path of Exile betas started. And then it just appears to have vanished/been very quiet.
  10. Thanakil

Still very early in the game, but for 14$, I don't regret the purchase yet.
    The basics are good: fine animation, nice skills, graphics work well, sound is good, music is great.
    It remains to be seen how progression feels, but so far I mostly like it. I thought it might be a little limited when I first saw the skill trees, but the game lets you pick 2 different classes to mix and match. You also get additional skills in a system that is somewhat similar to the gems in Path of Exile, where you socket a magical component into your equipment. It's not exactly the same tho, I don't think you can "chain" them together here.
    Rather, you pick up fragments of an object and when you have enough, they become a magical component that gives some boosts + a skill.

The game also has reputations to deal with, and I believe some town building elements, but I haven't reached that point yet.
    The map is fun to explore, some nice stuff hidden here and there, some smaller dungeons that you don't HAVE to explore, but which are fun to clean out.
    Hasn't been buggy so far, but only two hours in. Not planning to ask Steam for a refund, so I'm enjoying it. For 60$ I probably wouldn't buy it since it has some tough competition (Path of Exile, Diablo, Torchlight), but at 14$ it's great, and at it's normal price (28$) it's still not bad.
    It's an Early Access game, so it's not complete yet. I believe the devs are aiming to finish it before the end of the year.
  11. Strike105X

Does it have a character creation screen ?
  12. Thanakil

No, you just pick a name and that's it. Any customization comes through progression (picking your classes, skills, equipment, ect).
    Strike105X likes this.
  13. Strike105X

They could have at least have a gender selection...

Still thanks for the answer Thanakil.
    OminaeYu likes this.
  14. Thanakil

Oh, you do get to choose a female character if you prefer. I mean, she's not kawaii at all, but you can be a woman.
    The character creation box is basically:
    - Name
    - Man/Woman
    - Hardcore (check/leave unchecked)
    OminaeYu and Strike105X like this.
  15. Strike105X

Thanks for the Info, just one more thing i would like to know, does the game have archery ? Is it any decent ?
    OminaeYu likes this.
  16. Thanakil

You have a few crossbows, but mostly the game has rifles and pistols.
    You don't have a pure ranged class (since every class can be mixed together, which means they typically work well with both melee or ranged), but some seem more "ranged" than others.

Let's say for example the Demolitionist. Grenades, explosions, traps, mixed together with the pistols/rifles. That's probably the closet to an Archer the game has.
    Otherwise, you can mix the ranged weapons with one of the more magical class. Mixing pistol with the Occultist to get some magical powers and pets.

There isn't the typical "bow and arrow, pet, ranger/survival" type of class tho. If that's exactly what you want, you might be disappointed.
    Strike105X likes this.
  17. Thanakil

I got a key at 16CAD for Batman:AK, so I decided I might as well buy it. Figured it'll compensate for never buying the others, at the very least.
    Oh yes, the game does stutter. Badly.
    I tried disabling both the Motion Blur and the DOF, since some people claimed it helped. Disabling the motion blur helps, but disabling the DOF through the ini removed a TON of effects from the game. Some of those removed effects even affected the gamelplay. But really, the game just looks bad without it:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now, with Motion Blur disabled, but DOF remaining:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Random:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

At some point I also enabled Nvidia's "Enhanced Rain" and reduced the Level of Detail (wanted to see if it helped with the stutters, couldn't see any difference). Removing vsync and motion blur seemed to make the biggest difference, but the real issue is simply texture streaming. Whenever the game wants to bring new textures in, the whole thing stutters and textures take a while to appear.
  18. SCHUMI_4EVER

SCHUMI_4EVER Hackin 'n Slashin Staff Member Award Winner!

I hate how dominated by DOF our modern games have become. I like being able to see for miles rather than a weird 20feet cone of clarity. I mean sure, I like things to be nice and clean and to have all the simple geometry hidden away with lots of FX everywhere, but some games (and especially ENBs) these days are just ridiculous. Looking at the difference between the shots with and without DOF I'd say I only want about 40% of that DOF, the rest is just annoyingly unsharp.
    OminaeYu likes this.
  19. Thanakil

The main issue with DOF here is that other effects are tied to the setting. The only thing I changed was moving DepthofField from True to False, and as a result a ton of effects were strangely disabled.
    From the screenshots, we can see that some post-effects are removed at the same time, which make the game look a lot more naked. Some color filters, some tweaks to the lighting, stuff like that.
    But it also removed the "tell" over the head of the enemies when they attack you (the small lines flashing over their head) and it removed some icons that are meant to appear when you scan corpses to find information about them. (I had to guess WHERE I had to scan, since I couldn't see the spots where the icons normally appear)

Basically, the developers made it so that the DOF setting controls other graphical effects. It seems to be something of a requirement, and disabling DOF removes a ton of other non-DOF stuff.
  20. Thanakil

One way to describe Shadowrun: Hong Kong would be: detailed.
    The environment, the texts, the characters, they've put more details in everything compared to the previous games.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]