Post Pics of The Game(s) You Are Playing

Discussion in 'PC Games Screenshots' started by Gladiator@, Sep 27, 2010.

1. Thanakil

Thanakil NGemu Award Winner Award Winner!

Random screens from the Prologue of MGS5. 1440, Very High settings.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I won't be posting more screenshots. By that point, my playtime was around 1h30 and I greatly disliked what I saw. So I got a Steam refund. Sorry, A HIDEO KOJIMA GAME. I don't like you.
    I know that makes me insane, but this game did everything I dislike.
    The Prologue made me follow a more interesting character who got all the action. Bandaged Dude got to stealth kill, explore, pick guns, drive a truck into a dude, etc. Me? I just crawled around and followed. "FOLLOW ME" "FOLLOW ME" "FOLLOW ME"
    Then there were the 10 time my character should have died, and the game hopes you believe he will, but you know he won't, so it's just a waste of your time. Makes for boring cutscenes.
    Then there was a random QTE out of nowhere. "PRESS SPACE NOW".
    And when I finally got some action, it wasn't that great.

I know that this is only the Prologue, not the meat of the game, but I just can't trust a developer who believes that this is a good Prologue. Still, people seem to love it, so good for them. It just doesn't seem to be for me. Definitely wasn't worth 75 Maple Bucks.
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2015
  2. SCHUMI_4EVER

SCHUMI_4EVER Hackin 'n Slashin Staff Member Award Winner!

Did you play Ground Zeroes?
  3. Thanakil

No, didn't interest me. Seemed too much like a demo for MGS5, I preferred to wait for the actual game and let that one convince me.
  4. SCHUMI_4EVER

SCHUMI_4EVER Hackin 'n Slashin Staff Member Award Winner!

Ouch, coulda save yourself like 60 bucks if you had gotten Ground Zeroes on special to test whether it's your thing. At least we have the Steam refund system that you made use of these days but before that that could have been ugly.
  5. Thanakil

I might try Ground Zeroes later on and see if the gameplay grips me, but I doubt it a bit. I didn't try it because it just seems too short for me to spend money on it.
    If I like it, I'll find a cheaper key somewhere else. Right now I see a few resellers having it at 65$, which is still high. I'm not in a hurry tho, I was excited for the game and the 2 hours I spent with it were a big letdown.
    Right now Steam is downloading Mad Max, so I'll add screenshots of that later.
  6. @ruantec

@ruantec Crazy GFX coder Emu Author

Interesting.... i actually liked the prologue. Mad Max is available at cdkeys.com for 16 bucks just saying....
  7. Thanakil

I got it from Kinguin for about that price. I've been looking at allkeyshop for prices.

Not a bad game, a very gamey game. Lets you loose in a large world with plenty of somewhat repetitive objectives around. Lots of content that keeps being unlocked as I move forward in the story.

It has the universe of Mad Max (which inspired Fallout, for people who don't really know Mad Max), the combat of Batman, and the world building of Shadows of Mordor/any random Ubisoft game.
    You drive around, find food, find water, find fuel. Collect scraps, improve your car, improve max (both the character + his skills, in separate systems), improve strongholds by collect MORE shit through the wasteland, reduce the threat of bad guys by undermining them/their camps, and most likely more shit I forgot/haven't seen yet.

Even tho the game drives you toward the next story missions, you can always just drive around and explore on your own. It doesn't care.
    It's not an amazingly good looking game, but it's good enough to convey the atmosphere of the universe. It's also incredibly smooth. Very good port.
    I'll include a picture of the settings to show everything there is to tweak. I'm running it at 1440 with settings maxed out, on a 7950, and I get 55-60 fps at all time.
    Settings: http://i.imgur.com/RrfmOvJ.jpg

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    LordShadow95 and Silenus like this.
  8. snickothemule

snickothemule brb gonna go fist the world lol Junior Contributor Award Winner!

Damn that looks great! From what I've seen, avalanche did a superb job on the codebase, performance is supremely good.

Your post sealed it for me. Gonna hang out for that Hokuto No Ken mod.
  9. @ruantec

[​IMG]

1/10
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2015
    Thanakil likes this.
  10. @ruantec

In a more serious note.... the game is quite fun and i really like the effects and environment. The only thing i don't like much are the fights since i'm not a huge fan of the batman fighting system.
  11. Thanakil

The game has a in-game recorder. I haven't found how to actually make it record, but I'm been playing with the settings offered. (X+C to open the interface)
    What's pretty neat: FOV is one of the settings. And launching a recording session (which doesn't record? for me at least) removes the HUD.
    So now I can play the game with no HUD and a higher FOV. I screwed around with it:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
  12. @ruantec

You still can record the game if you are using Windows 10 and if you have one of the latest Nvidia card just use ShadowPlay. A in-game recording feature is something i haven't heard so far and definitely something new.
  13. Thanakil

Giving MGS5 a second chance and... Meh?
    It's not bad, but it doesn't feel like MGS. It lacks personality. It feels like the polar opposite of MGS4. "Remove all the talking, focus entirely on the gameplay", to the point where what makes MGS unique fades away in the background.
    So, the gameplay works, but the story... The story leaves to be desired.
    Also, the game is more repetitive than Mad Max. I didn't see that coming.
    The game has many MMO elements, which is something else I wouldn't have expected.
    "Collect plants, collect minerals, collect followers, send them on missions, upgrade your base". This honestly has a lot in common with WoW's latest expansion.
    I'd probably rate it 7/10 overall. I guess my list would go: MGS3 > 1 > 2 > 5 > 4.

Other than that, the game isn't that impressive visually. It's a little rough around the edges. You can tell it was a last-gen game being given a makeover. It's NOT ugly. It's just not impressive compared to the other games we've had recently.
    It also doesn't run as well as it should when looking at the graphics offered. I get the same framerate I had from Witcher 3, except W3 was freaking gorgeous.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    LordShadow95 likes this.
  14. @ruantec

^ Pretty much my feeling... it's MGS in it's core but it's missing the "MGS" feeling somehow. An awesome game nevertheless though.
  15. Xtreme2damax

Xtreme2damax Mr. Technological Staff Member Moderator

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Some screens from GTAV.
  16. Xtreme2damax

Some more GTAV pics.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  17. Xtreme2damax

Cranked up some settings, enabled 2x MSAA in place of FXAA. At some points FPS briefly dips below 30fps and only dips as low as 25fps. No stutter despite this, that horrid stutter is completely gone for me. Rocking a single GTX 460. If anyone still experiences any issues I'm more inclined to believe it's something with their system. This GTX 460 is showing it's age and is on the verge of failure i.e. white line artifacts and corruption on cold boot sometimes. So.. yeah if anyone is still complaining I think they should evaluate their system.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  18. Samor

Samor Foundry

too early to judge for me but it *might* be missing some personality that Peace Walker (the game that's actually most like it) had.
  19. Thanakil

So, Battlefront 3. So far, meh.
    The maps are not badly designed, the game is gorgeous and runs well. The issue is that the gunplay has no meat to it. It's very, very, very arcadish.
    Little recoil, low damage, doesn't really require aiming down, power-ups. An arcade type of gunplay can be fun for some people, but it doesn't feel good to me.
    It can be fun for some mindless shooting, but it feels like the skill ceiling is very low as a result. So I dunno, it's possible I just haven't given it a fair chance yet. I haven't played it much yet since I don't find it too fun.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  20. snickothemule

snickothemule brb gonna go fist the world lol Junior Contributor Award Winner!

Good lawd that's pretty.