Post videos of your gameplay(SPOILER ALERT)

Discussion in 'Game/Console Discussion' started by @ruantec, Aug 31, 2014.

1. kakashi919

kakashi919 Member

Wow...that is pretty op...
  2. Strike105X

Strike105X ヒットハード&高速 Award Winner!

Yup, its quite powerful in open spaces, but down right useless in closed of ones...
  3. kakashi919

kakashi919 Member

Yeah you can see the drawbacks of it. Still a pretty powerful gun.

On another note, game looks like fun...I should probably try it some day.
  4. Strike105X

^Got it of g2play for 5 euro if your interested. Best 5 euro i ever spent :).
    kakashi919 likes this.
  5. kakashi919

kakashi919 Member

^ Thanks,will check it out.
  6. Strike105X

Your welcome :).

--------------------------------------

@Thanakil are you still triggered ? :p

PS: dunno if its influence by TitanFall 2 trailers i've seen but i came to enjoy using the titan way more as assist and follower then riding it lol.
    @ruantec likes this.
  7. @ruantec

@ruantec Crazy GFX coder Emu Author

8. Thanakil

Thanakil NGemu Award Winner Award Winner!

Always. This is so not 1337.
  9. Strike105X

Damn the Smart Pistol is damn OP, in closed environments its garbage but otherwise its certainly pretty OP:

Thanks!

lol
  10. Strike105X

Triggering Thanakil a bit more as i get better at using the controller in titanfall :p:

11. Thanakil

Battlefield 1 has a "resolution slider" which lets people either increase the rendering resolution much higher than what they actually have, OR.... You can bring it all the way down to 25% of your current resolution.
    I decided to play with it at 25% for fun. I'm using a Shotgun since I figured it's the gun that will be the least impacted by a low resolution. The video hitches at one point, since I'm using CPU to record and killing the resolution means my game is now limited by the CPU. Thankfully, Youtube didn't completely murder the quality.

This first video is 1920x1080 @ 25%. I was actually a bit disappointed it didn't look blockier. I imagine DICE uses a technique to make the result is a bit more smooth.

This meant I had only one choice left. I went 1280x720 @ 25%. Now we're talking!
    Gladiator@ likes this.
  12. Thanakil

Since I'm playing games that are quite heavy on both the CPU and GPU, I decided to give QuickSync a try. For people who don't know, QuickSync is found on Intel chips and is used for encoding and decoding. Your integrated gpu needs to be activated and you need intel graphic drivers to be installed. It's a very inexpensive way (both money-wise and gpu/cpu-wise) of recording/streaming gameplay.

Since I don't know how powerful or weak QuickSync - and the version that I personally have in particular, in Haswell - I decided to start low. I used the Balanced preset and 30fps.
    If the sound is low, it's because I was playing with headphones on.

This video of Watch Dogs 2 is short and shows some very basic problem solving. I solve 3 small puzzles.

Here's a second video, which starts by watching a trailer for a bad movie and then breaking inside the movie studio. I tried to go with stealth, but things didn't end up my way.
    This time around I bumped QuickSync to the Quality preset. It's better in some spots, but quality takes a big hit during the driving section. This one should go up to 1440p, while the previous one is 1080p. That's because I've been playing in 1440p all this time, but originally told my recording software to downsample to 1080p out of habit (outputting at 1440p previously created an error with my old encoding).

Running the footage through QuickSync AND Youtube is truly hell on the colors, they're so muted now.
    If I record more, I'll tweak settings to get better colors (which might push quicksync over the limit) and go with an even higher bitrate.

Edit: Did a third test, increased the bitrate and changed Color Format and Color Range. Changing Color Format to anything other than NV12 was death. Color Range seems o-k.
    I tried increasing the FPS to only 48 and the encoder was overloaded. Brought it back to 30 and it was fine in the short video I recorded. 60fps should be fine with lower visual quality.
    The quality of the QuickSync video was pretty good overall. Youtube kept the colors relatively well, but I can't stop it from making the video blurry as hell during movement. That's just Youtube.

One last test, same area and idea as the last one. I reduced the encoder preset from Quality to Balanced and increase FPS to 48. Kept every other setting the same. Encoder didn't overload, did record at 48. Result wasn't too bad, but Youtube also killed it during rapid movement.

Overall? QuickSync is pretty effective, Youtube remains the greatest threat to quality. CPUs that are of a newer generation than mine (Haswell) should have even better results.
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2016
  13. Thanakil

Testing the new ReLive recording tool by AMD in a short 2 minute clip of Battlefield 1. Overall, worked very very well.
    Recorded at 1080p@60fps, 50mb bitrate, great quality for a performance hit of 2-3% in my test.

Tried the Support Class, which I rarely use. I think their guns are badass, but not very accurate.

Short streaming test with ReLive and Path of Exile:

I think there's a small bug?glitch? with ReLive. It seems to have a micro-stutter that reoccurs in a very similar pattern. Only active with Recording or Streaming, not with ReLive merely installed and the app running in the background (thank god for that).

Edit2:
    Streaming test with Watch Dogs 2, more pixelated:
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2016
  14. Thanakil

Trying to get better quality seems to be useless if the video is going on Youtube.
    Here's what my ReLive recording looks like before and after Youtube:
    http://i.imgur.com/485PK3Q.jpg -> http://i.imgur.com/WJMtmpQ.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/hbvfcaN.jpg -> http://i.imgur.com/BDcO1V2.jpg

But here's a video of the new Battlefield 1 map, tested with ReLive and DX12. You can see my framerate in the top right corner.
    Game is at 1920x1080 with the resolution slider at 1.20. So kinda 1296p instead. Ultra settings.
    I got to kill someone with my favorite revolver at 4:00.
  15. Thanakil

It looks like streaming to Twitch works better than streaming to Youtube. Twitch has a more obvious "blocky" picture, but overall looks more detailed and holds better during fast or jerky movement.
    ReLive to Youtube. 8.5mb bitrate:

ReLive to Twitch. 8.5mb bitrate. The video ends at 1:50, I was on my desktop afterward so it went dark:
    https://www.twitch.tv/thanakil/v/107983121
  16. Strike105X

Feel free to facepalm but what i really love about the FX8300 is that i can go back to fraps, now it has no speed impact :p, since i got cores to spare:

Recorded a bit of Titanfall 2 gameplay, i know its not that great, but i haven't played with KB+M in years....

@@ruantec i got passed that stage you where referring to, there where indeed some annoying elements but the jokes made it all worth it, and once your passed that the game becomes quite awesome again.
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2016
    Thanakil likes this.
  17. Thanakil

Hehe, I would still recommend using OBS Studio for that. It's free and makes very good use of the CPU.

Possibly the biggest benefit compared to FRAPS is that you'll get to use the CPU Usage Preset. The Faster presets make little use of the CPU, the Slower presets make bigger use of the CPU.
    So, if Titanfall 2 only uses 2 or 4 cores, you could probably go into your settings, remove Titanfall 2 from 4 cores, remove OBS Studio from 4 different cores, and then tell OBS to use a very slow preset on its own 4 cores to record the game. Not only will it give you a recording of very high quality, but it can also give a smaller video file. (Which Youtube likes)
    Possibly the most impressive thing you could do is stream with a very high usage preset. Your stream video might look better than my recorded videos.

-----

I've been looking at Doom's Arcade mode (Singleplayer) and SnapMap (Singleplayer mostly, made by fans). And they're both great excuses to come back to Doom.

The Arcade mode lets players replay campaign levels, but modifies them slightly. I *think* they changed the monsters which appear (not sure), but I know that some of the platforming was removed to keep the player moving very quickly through the level. So in one level where you must climb a tower, you instead get a portal that takes you to the top.

Some of the mechanics of Arcade mode:
    - You are shown scores to get a Bronze, Silver or Gold medal. There's a hidden score of a Slayer medal.
    - Every weapon that you would normally get for that level is unlocked, every upgrade is unlocked for you to use.
    - Max health, armor, ammo.
    - Every rune unlocked from the beginning.

- You want the highest score possible. Your score increases by doing cool shit. Your multiplier increases by doing cool shit. Your multiplier decreases over time or when taking damage.
    - Pickups are ALWAYS picked up, even if your health, armor or ammo is maxed out. Pickups also increase your multiplier slightly.
    - Medals are given for random acts: glory kills, headshots, multi kills.
    - Relics are something new that appears at some points through the level. It's a big floating moving ball that you shoot, it explodes (killing enemies) and then a relic jumps out of it in a random direction. The quicker you pick it up, the more points it gives you.
    - Doom figurines are floating through the levels. They give you one extra life. I believe you only start with one life.

The goal is to manage your multiplier to keep it as high as possible through the level, getting the relics quickly, and managing pickups to keep the multiplier going as you travel. Overall, it's pretty fun.
    Earlier levels are easier not only because of monsters, but because getting the high score is easier. I did the first level and got a Slayer medal easily, despite being something like #4000 on the leaderboard. Then I did the video I'm posting, am #700, and got a Silver medal.

I wanted to see how ReLive worked with Vulkan. It didn't recognize the game as running! But if I activated "desktop recording mode", ReLive would "record my desktop", which was actually Doom. So it did record Doom, but there was one flaw: it recorded at approximately 50 to 53 fps through the video instead of a solid 60fps like previously. Most likely since it didn't think it was a game. The game itself was over 100fps most of the time.
    Because Doom is optimized as FUCK.

If you guys try Arcade mode, make sure you remember that you CAN die. Don't be like me and forget that the Doom Marine isn't invincible, despite evidence to the contrary.
    Strike105X likes this.
  18. Strike105X

I don't really have a problem with that since windows 10 joggles processes on different cores quite nicely, so fraps has no impact, with that said i did try OBS but it did not work right for me :/ the gameplay even though it was recorded at 60 FPS it felt like it was at 30 (and i did changed to 60 fps recording) or something it wasn't smooth i dunno why...
  19. Thanakil

If that was a while ago, you can try it again. They went from OBS to OBS Studio, a new application built from the ground up. Overall, it's much nicer.
    OBS personally gave me videos that didn't "feel" like 60fps only when I used GPU encoding at a too high quality, so I can tell it happens, but CPU encoding was always the best.

Either way, it's not like the FRAPS video doesn't look good, since the TF2 video looked great. It's just that OBS Studio gives you opportunities to truly push it to the absolute max.
  20. Strike105X

I'll give it another try, i am using the latest version so much is true, but the CPU option gave me the same results as GPU encoding. going to try again.