Post videos of your gameplay(SPOILER ALERT)

Discussion in 'Game/Console Discussion' started by @ruantec, Aug 31, 2014.

1. Thanakil

Thanakil NGemu Award Winner Award Winner!

You can try different "source". Game Capture and Display Capture at the two best. Game Capture is best if OBS Studio recognizes the game. Display Capture if it doesn't.
    I previously used Display Capture + game in Windowed Fullscreen when OBS didn't see a game.

I'd try these settings at first, to keep things simple (maybe switch "Medium" to "Slow", then go Slower and VerySlow if you have CPU to spare and good FPS):
    http://i.imgur.com/PDN66Qi.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/yIAjvi8.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/U0BVA1G.jpg

You can also try a bitrate between 10 000 to 12 000, as I believe this is what Youtube prefers for 1080@60.
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2016
  2. Strike105X

Strike105X ヒットハード&高速 Award Winner!

Well i just finished experimenting a lot, i think obs and titanfall2 just don't get along....
  3. Thanakil

I tried OBS Studio with CPU encoding to record some Doom. I picked a preset that was way too high without paying attention to it.
    The good:
    - Doom remained smooth, only the video wasn't smooth.
    - Great way to stess test the cpu! It was capped at 100% and my temps were as high as they get with the stand-alone tests I typically use.

The bad:
    - I was in the middle of a very good Arcade run and Doom eventually froze because of the CPU getting murdered. =(
  4. @ruantec

@ruantec Crazy GFX coder Emu Author

5. Strike105X

So far this has been my experience with For Honor:

The Dominion Gamemode:

1 vs 1 Duel:

4 vs 4 Duel:

Jokes aside, it isn't a bad game, but i'm really grateful to Thanakil for giving me this chance, because i will not be getting this game, i love the style i love the attention to detail but gameplay is a total miss for me, and i'm not saying its bad, but it doesn't work at all with how i play... If i wouldn't have played this i would have actually considered getting it ...
  6. Thanakil

The servers have been having issues, that's for sure. They haven't been as bad for me as they seem to have been for you, but I've seen the servers struggle and pause some matches for 2 to 5 seconds.

The only mode I really enjoyed is Dominion, the others are way too damn repetitive and shallow. With that said, Dominion itself doesn't warrant paying full price for the game.
    I'm enjoying the combat, and learning the movesets + exploring the unlockable feats makes combat more fun. But even then, fights start to feel similar.
    I think the game needed a little something more to truly shine. A little something more to change the flow.

I recorded a Dominion match. Not my best combat performance, but we almost got a really nice comeback at the end with some strategic objective capturing to break/unbreak the victory conditions.
  7. Strike105X

I think that if they went for full siege battles or large scale wars this could have ended up as an really awesome game. As the game stands now once that novelty does wear off it makes me wonder how well it will work, judging by the beta i don't think it will have a lot of stages...
  8. Strike105X

How did you record DOOM with OBS? i used display capture but audio was a bust...

--------------------------------------------------------

Also leaving here a few matches i had recently in TF2, cause i might forget again about them...

9. Thanakil

What worked for me was Display Capture with the game running as Windowed Fullscreen.

Using Fullscreen or Game Capture gives me audio only, no picture. But Windowed Fullscreen is the same as running the game in a window, and Display Capture means you simply record everything shown.
    Strike105X likes this.
  10. Thanakil

DICE is testing out the next DLC (and future patches) for Battlefield 1 on test servers, people can opt-in if they wanna try future content or experimental stuff. I liked it for BF4, they tested night maps (not all of which made it into the game, if I remember right) and a weird Halloween event. So right now there's the French DLC for BF1 and I tested it in 2 short videos.

First, the map through thick fog. Gets to see the landscape, go through some trenches (I like them, looking good), capture a point, get bombed , and shot in the face.

Another round where I joined as one team was about to win, but without fog. Get to see more of a pretty French town:

Edit:
    Adding an extra, a different map, more indoor:
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
  11. fivefeet8

fivefeet8 &-)---|--< Staff Member

My gameplay of Soul Star for the Sega CD. Really showed what the system could do with sprites and mode7 effects. The music is also awesome.

12. Thanakil

Tried the free weekend for Steep, the open-world snow sport game by Ubisoft.
    This is the tutorial, so I'm learning the controls. Starts with a bit of Wingsuit and parachute, before spending the rest of the video on the snowboard. Near the ends it turns into snowboard jumps and tricks.
    Game defaulted to Ultra settings, ran quite well.

Edit:
    Trying The Division again, played it at launch, havent seen the DLC or new patches.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2017