Post your live game streams

Discussion in 'Game/Console Discussion' started by @ruantec, Nov 11, 2015.

1. @ruantec

@ruantec Crazy GFX coder Emu Author

Today i thought it would be a good idea to create a thread dedicated to our personal game streams here as is something we are lacking i guess.

Today i'm streaming this game for the XB1 called Onigiri and here is the live stream:

I haven't played this game before so i will probably suck at it :p

Here some screenshots of the game:
    Unbenannt3.jpg
    Unbenannt.jpg Unbenannt2.jpg
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2015
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. Lasnap

Lasnap Elven-Dragon Mage

4. @ruantec

Almost forgot about it.... i will subscribe :) i like YouTube more though since is easier to embedded on sites like this one. Sadly my capture device produce a low quality video. I will use ShadowPlay since i guess it produce a better one.
  5. @ruantec

Streaming Gears of War 3 on the XB1 through backwards compatibility. Playing the game for the first time.

Here the live stream:
  6. @ruantec

Streaming now Rise of the Tomb Raider on the XB1:

7. Radix865

Radix865 Well-Known Member

I really didn't expect to see you start this with games like that Onigiri... At first I thought you were Strike!

Also, never even heard of that game, but I like how it looks and it's free-to-play so I'm trying it!
  8. @ruantec

Yeah, i'm usually not a fan of that kind of games but Onigiri is a game that got my attention and i'm playing it since then. The game reminds me of the Sega Dreamcast days from the graphics aspect. Right now i'm playing Rise of the Tomb Raider so my playing sections of the game are on hold for a while XD
  9. Strike105X

Strike105X ヒットハード&高速 Award Winner!

Onigiri added to my list of games i must play, thanks XD.
  10. Lasnap

Lasnap Elven-Dragon Mage

Lately I have been playing Fallout 4 on twitch if anyone wants to watch. 3+ hour streams are quite the norm for me and 6-8 hour streams are not uncommon either.
    @ruantec likes this.
  11. @ruantec

Nice! gonna check it out ;)
  12. @ruantec

Streaming Gears of War Judgment through backwards compatibility on the XB1 for a small period of time since i have to continue playing TR hehehehehe... i love the enviroment of the game quite a lot.

I'm quite impressed at how good backwards compatibility is since this game seems to be quite demanding for a 360 game.
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2015
  13. Lasnap

Lasnap Elven-Dragon Mage

Go right ahead videos are up on VOD right now until the time limit is up on them.
  14. Silenus

Silenus Pilgrim Junior Contributor

Nigiri had some bad quality picture, like too compressed.

Tomb raider looked better but you're streaming in German. xd
  15. @ruantec

Yeah, i had the wrong settings when i did the live stream. That was my first one so i had a lot of things to change after that hehehehehehe.

German is my default language on all my devices since i don't have other accounts. However, i will make sure to switch the region in the future to get the english audio. I use the German audio since my daughter and wife loves to watch my gameplay and is simply better for them to understand... also i like the German voices better and obviously sounds more natural to me not to mention fully understand what they are saying XD
  16. Samor

Samor Foundry

and here I'm being glad most games are not in Dutch.... that's typically a Dutch thing, though. It's because we're very used to subbed TV over here.
  17. Strike105X

Strike105X ヒットハード&高速 Award Winner!

I hate dubs, i love everything the way it was intended, in its original state. And i'm also thankful that my country didn't do dubs until very late, i pretty much learned English by watching TV, and was the best in my class, all thanks to the lack of dubbing, it may be more comfortable with dubs, but in the long run they do more bad then good especially for kids, using foreign languages can help them a lot in learning a foreign languages.
  18. Samor

Samor Foundry

They dub all the cartoons in NL now (and personally I don't think they're very good, it seems to be the same cast for every cartoon and they're kind of screaming in annoying ways). When I was young a lot of it was subbed (not all though, but even what was dubbed sounded better). Normal (not kids shows) series are still almost never dubbed, which I like (and I'm used to it).
    ...but if I switch to a German channel, everything's dubbed!
  19. @ruantec

Streaming Rise of the Tomb Raider now in:

Audio: English
    Sub: German

I'm probably close to the end of the game:
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2015
  20. Thanakil

Thanakil NGemu Award Winner Award Winner!

This is to test OBS a bit more. A stream of Fallout 4. I expect the stream to be full of spoilers. And most likely full of deaths and reloads.
    Edit: Pretty sure I'm not doing this right.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/Thanakir/live
    Edit2: it was a fun little experiment. I have no intention of streaming myself on a regular basis, but it's fun to play with it just to see what can or cannot be done.
    One thing I've definitely learned is that I'm bad at guessing what kind of bitrate I should use. I started at 30 000, youtube prefers 4500.
    It also allows me to learn a bit more about OBS. I need to play around with the Speed/Balanced/Quality settings to figure out what's best.

Edit3:
    The recording of a small session where I tweaked a few settings and seemed to strike a good balance by the end of it. Terrible quality at the beginning, died a LOT in the middle, smooth and acceptable quality at the end.
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2015
  21. Lasnap

Lasnap Elven-Dragon Mage

I personally use 2600kbps in OBS along with 720p@60hz for when I stream to Twitch. You can check the quality yourself by viewing my videos on twitch