Post your recent purchases (with pics)

Discussion in 'General Pictures & Videos' started by Spyhop, May 5, 2010.

1. @ruantec

@ruantec Crazy GFX coder Emu Author

Yeah, it seems like is different from one person to another. That's the reason why you never saw me talking or buying 3D or VR stuff. As for the last part... i have a very good orientation but when i get near refrigerators is like i feel the waves coming out of those and my brain get confused as hell. In the case of 3D/VR i guess my brain tries to remove the effect which causes the headache probably. Like in the case of 3D i don't get the effect for the first 10 minutes or so.

Weird stuff nevertheless :p
  2. niku

niku niku

Your receiver is htr2067 and mine is 3067.
    So you can't really upgrade your speakers.
    Also the subwoofer of this package is a passive one. And the receiver does not have a pre out. (Why am i criticizing)
    I bought the speaker package separate. It's called ns-p400.

Try to enable the 5.1 stereo option in the music menu of the receiver. It's the best for listening to music.

You need the YPAO MIC to configure the speakers properly. 2067 does not have it but it does not need them cause the speakers are tuned to the receiver.
    I would like to see a photo of your setup.
  3. @ruantec

I think you quoted the wrong person :p

I'm not thinking in upgrading my speakers as the ones on my package ar far better than what i needed in my livingroom. The audio quality of the speakers(using a digital audio cable) is excelent and the deep bass is phenomenal. I do not have the USB port or the AUX in the front as you have but i still have some audio in in the back which i can use to pretty much do the same and since my PC is hooked up those ports are kinda irrelevant for my purpose.

I will make some pictures and post them here once i get home today from work.
  4. @ruantec

@niku here the pics. The last pic is from a adapter i use to send the IR signal from my livingroom to the room where all my stuff is:

WP_20161014_16_39_07_Pro.jpg WP_20161014_16_39_28_Pro.jpg WP_20161014_16_39_43_Pro.jpg WP_20161014_16_40_02_Pro.jpg
  5. @ruantec

My today's purchase:
    WP_20161015_14_32_48_Pro.jpg
    Samor likes this.
  6. Yeloazndevil

Yeloazndevil Administrator Staff Member

still waiting for @ruantec to add leds behind that tv for a better viewing experience in low light not just that one led below the tv :p
    @ruantec and Silenus like this.
  7. Silenus

Silenus Pilgrim Junior Contributor

Don't find a reason for a soundcard nowadays. :p

@Yeloazndevil I've seen some of those leds on sale sometimes but haven't jumped on them. What do you think about them?
  8. Yeloazndevil

leds behind a display has many benefits if your display has backlight bleed it will help reduce or eliminate it. If your monitor is a IPS panel it will also get rid of IPS glow. If your TV have crappy blacks in a dark room leds behind the tv will prevent blacks from looking grey.
  9. @ruantec

I wanted to connect my system using the digital audio and had to find out that my system doesn't have one so i went and bought a proper soundcard. The sound now is very clean and awesome.

Already started doing that just haven't had the time since i want the lights to be synchronized. I also want to keep the back light low.

WP_20161015_21_29_44_Pro.jpg
    WP_20161015_20_37_35_Pro.jpg
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2016
  10. Yeloazndevil

[​IMG]

Got rid of busted pc speakers will use this nice 33.5mm aux cable to my soundbar for when the tv is on another input that isn't pc.
  11. Silenus

Silenus Pilgrim Junior Contributor

@ruantec I have a Samsung Soundbar J550 using the Optical port on my Gigabyte mobo.
    Nice that it has auto on when the computer starts.

@Yeloazndevil I have no complaints against my Samsung 40H6350. Don't think I'll need the leds.

I'm just bummed that my LG 42LB5600 on the livingroom doesn't have CEC. That's so stupid from them. I know is not a high end model but come on, even my Toshiba LCD from 2010 had that.
  12. Strike105X

Strike105X ヒットハード&高速 Award Winner!

So last week due to some financial twists we managed to secure the money to take care of an issue my mom had, and by pulling our money together i also decided, that better then going out after some game to finally give her a better TV and Monitor experience, so we went and got her this:

WP_20161015_09_04_09_Pro.jpg

Its an LG IPS TV-Monitor, and it was on discount, made her very happy and i'm pretty pleased with it as well.

Although i wont lie, having back my two monitor setup is sweet (sorry for the bare bone handmade monitor support i usually cover it up with something but right now i'm in the process of cleaning and arranging things :p ):

1080p.jpg
    @ruantec, OminaeYu, Kaizen and 2 others like this.
  13. Hyuga

Hyuga Classic Games Lover

Apart from getting a suit today (my wife's cousin's wedding it's coming up in November and my old suit is way too big now) I traded in a bunch of my Gamecube games and got this in the end:
    20161022_194005.jpg

Ordered the dongle as well, it should arrive next week :D
    Hy-Def, @ruantec, Silenus and 2 others like this.
  14. Strike105X

Wow elite controller, awesome, tell us how it feels.
  15. Hyuga

Hyuga Classic Games Lover

It feels quite well actually, really nice build quality and feels great in palms. Played a bit of KI and DA:Inquisition with it, so much nicer compared to the 360 pad and even the Xbox One controller. The triggers can be set up as short or long presses, this feature is just great when you don't need a throttle :)
    Samor and Strike105X like this.
  16. Strike105X

Very nice, enjoy it Hyuga ^^.
  17. Strike105X

After careful consideration i decided to keep my gaming expenses to just the ones i'm really interested and must aquire, i got 3-4 more months of gaming and there's no point of stressing myself over it, since it was on sale i managed to get one of the way:

GodEater.png

And here is the Xb1 pad dongle i got:

WP_20161028_21_38_17_Pro.jpg

The other 1 to 4 games i plan on getting are:

-Tales of Berseria is pretty much a sure purchase unless i end up with financial problems.
    -Battlefield 1, if there's a good deal, if the controller support is decent, if the base game content is worth it and you can have a decent experience with no microtransactions and season passes.
    -TitanFall 2 if it gets at least to about ~20 euro price point since it will be mainly for the storyline.
    -Dishonored 2 maybe.

After this i'm done.
    Hyuga and @ruantec like this.
  18. @ruantec

Tadaaaa!

[​IMG]
    Strike105X likes this.
  19. Thanakil

Thanakil NGemu Award Winner Award Winner!

I know one Strike who'll be jealous.
    Strike105X likes this.
  20. @ruantec

I posted in the wrong thread lol. I may pick up BF1 later...