Post your recent purchases (with pics)

Discussion in 'General Pictures & Videos' started by Spyhop, May 5, 2010.

1. Samor

Samor Foundry

you typed "sue" instead of "use" ;)
  2. Lasnap

Lasnap Elven-Dragon Mage

3. Strike105X

Strike105X ヒットハード&高速 Award Winner!

Yup it was just a funny remark based on that typo, i used bold on it but i forgot the effect was weak on ngemu...
  4. Lasnap

Lasnap Elven-Dragon Mage

Yeah no bolding on my end lol.
  5. Silenus

Silenus Pilgrim Junior Contributor

Not sure I posted my setup here.

This is the bedroom pc, I use my Xbox One controller with it.
    Don't mind the hats, I usually don't wear them. xd
    20170517_183455.jpg

And this is the living room, with the Shield tv hooked up to a Vizio 43" 4k Display.
    20170517_183947.jpg
    Samor, Strike105X and Hyuga like this.
  6. Hyuga

Hyuga Classic Games Lover

Nice setup there Silenius, and not many cables hanging around. Is that Garmin Fenix 3 there? Have it as well, great watch :D
  7. Silenus

That's actually a Gear S3 Frontier.
    I have a GS8 and they are a great match.

btw pics don't do the set up justice, it looks better irl.

Makes me think of the limited FOV smartphones still have compared to human eyes. xd

Cables are tucked inside the cabinet.
    If you notice I have a cabinet fan on the side of the PC, that's where the GPU is but actually it gets hotter on the other side.

Not sure I want to install another cabinet fan on the other side.
    Last edited: May 19, 2017
  8. Hyuga

Hyuga Classic Games Lover

Ahh, my mistake, from far away the bezel looks like Fenix 3's ;) Yeah, PC or consoles, they don't like confined spaces so another fan might be a good idea if you want to leave it there. Sure it looks better in real life, too bad I can't pop in to check it ;)
  9. Strike105X

So... i ended up with a few problems on my end, the headphones started having some problems, other pairs i had around didn't play nicely with either the case soundboard and mobo one, and the keyboard is showing signs of wear even if its probably just an year old... so i went and canceled on Tekken 7... got a refund and with some extra cash i managed to make this last week i got this:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I was skeptic about this, but i can honestly say they where well worth it, the sound is amazing! I never heard bass like this, like it has its impact but it doesn't interfere with neither of the other sounds, its in perfect harmony, dunno how to express it, plus their solid, made with metal rather then plastic, i love that. The 7.1 Virtual Surround System doesn't even compare with what i had previously and works so amazing. Its sound i never experienced before! Really love'em.

The Keyboard however is on the way, as it wasn't in the local store.

----

Also with my mom pitching in i got this for her laptop, to replace the hdd, it now works great, SSD is a miraculous thing :p :

[​IMG]
    Hy-Def, Silenus, Samor and 1 other person like this.
  10. Lasnap

Lasnap Elven-Dragon Mage

I also bet the fresh install of windows helped as well
  11. Strike105X

Yeah, but this laptop didn't work this good even in its prime :p.
  12. Samor

Samor Foundry

Tested a bit more with Steam Link...
    You can change the client settings between "fast", "balanced" and "beautiful" which is a tradeoff between picture quality and input lag. Screen resolution of a game probably plays a role in this too. On the "fast" setting the lag wasn't very noticeable, but there were some more artifacts on screen (I still thought the picture was good, though). On the "beautiful" setting the lag still isn't that bad though, and it becomes hard to spot there's any streaming going on at all.
    That's with 5ghz wifi over a distance of some ~10+ meters with a kitchen blocking some of the signal (can't be helped).
    Also, it's possible to use some nvidia specific functions but I'm not sure how much they influence things.

Windows Store apps don't work well. No picture on apps with streaming (netflix) and controller input does not work properly in games as the desktop controller setting mimicking a mouse is used.
    I am told streaming can work if you use chrome in big picture instead. Either way, better get a chromecast if you want that....
  13. Silenus

@strike I've never used a 7.1 headphone, how do they do that and how does it sound?

Would be interested if they were wireless.

--
    I don't know if it's the bluetooth module or a windows 10 update but my jaybird x2 are not working great with my pc. They sound far and with a bit of echo, and sometimes when they connect my pc gives me a BSOD.
    Looks like windows is still behind on that front.
  14. Strike105X

Virtually via processing from the soundcard they come equipped with, but it sounds quite awesome, i tried it with Andromeda and it was quite amazing. Also there's a wireless version called man of war.
  15. acdbrn2000

acdbrn2000 New Member

If the issue is anything like the one I have been having it is probably a mix of drivers + Copy protection + Hardware (module or headphones) lacking the proper Copy protection support. The best fix I found is to just not use one built in or USB but to get a 3.5mm to Bluetooth (hopefully one with little to no lag) and use that.
    Silenus likes this.
  16. Mikhail000

Mikhail000 New Member

17. Silenus

Oh that could work.
    Thanks for the tip.
  18. Lasnap

Lasnap Elven-Dragon Mage

Ok need to wait for XoticPC to get my link for the Sager NP8155 up so that we can order it. May take them 1-2 buisness days. At least that is what I was told. SoI will likely be posting pics on here by early June hopefully.

Edit: we have ordered it now. Amazon said June 22nd-30th foir delivery but we shal see how long it actually takes since they have to build and then test the laptop before they send it out so yeah. If I get it by my birthday that would be sweet. Birthday is June 16th.
    Last edited: May 25, 2017 at 2:18 PM
  19. Yeloazndevil

Yeloazndevil Administrator Staff Member

[​IMG]

Official Raspberry Pi power supply T5989DV 5.1V 2.5A

I got 2 for $23 total during the arrow.com buy $20 worth of accessories get a free pi 3 promo
    Last edited: May 26, 2017 at 3:47 PM
    Lasnap likes this.
  20. Samor

Samor Foundry

Are you going to butcher the nes mini? :eek: