Problem running Super Mario Advance 4 - Corrupted memory?

Discussion in 'Visualboy Advance Discussion' started by avengah, Oct 8, 2003.

1. avengah

avengah New Member

When I run SMA4 (e) on VBA, I get the Gameboy Player message, then a message something like "Your save file is corrupted". The game does not go any further. Does anyone know how I can fix this? The Japanese version runs fine, but I want to play it in English now!

Cheers,

Matt
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. Forgotten

Forgotten Emu author Emu Author

You have the wrong flash size. Set it to 128K, get it working and then (when running any other game), set it back to 64k.
  4. Wizardry

Wizardry New Member

Hi Forgotten
    phantasy star say's bios error or something like that
    anyway's p2 p3 run fine but p1 grafix scribles
    around anyway of me fixen this prob
    thank you
  5. avengah

avengah New Member

Thanks, Forgotten. It works nicely now. I don't suppose I can copy over my Jap save file? The format isn't the same is it?
  6. Forgotten

Forgotten Emu author Emu Author

The save format may be the same or not. You can try but keep a copy of your previous .sav file just in case.

As for the Phantasy Star, you need a bios to get sound. It is not a VBA error, it is just telling you so. And there are no problems with as far as I know. If the little shaking bothers you, use the Smart interframe blending.
  7. MrRCS

MrRCS New Member

use vba-over.ini settings
  8. Madcapper

Madcapper New Member

Can I add another question to this post? What about the patched version of SMA4? Does it address this problem and does it work with VBA, perchance in a way to where you don't have to adjust the flash size?