Problem with f-zero gx

Discussion in 'Dolphin Discussion' started by solstar82, May 13, 2009.

1. solstar82

solstar82 New Member

hi all.i have a question.i'm running the latest dolphinwx build,and i'm trying an iso i made from my fzero-gx european version.the game runs fine up to where i have to choose between 60 or 50 hrz.after that,it asks me about the memeory card and says its corrupted.either if i choose to delete it and start a new profile,.or to begin without a mem card,the game crashes afte that,without any specific erros.just the basic genereal window error.i have a pentium dual core 3 ghz,4 gb ram,nvidia geforce 512 mb,the emu runs fine games like tatsunoko vs capcom for wii..and not this.i guess it has something to do with memcards..what can i do?
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. MisterMr

MisterMr Locked and Loaded.

At the moment, F-Zero GX is unplayable. The problem is that floating point registers are not implemented correctly.

To at least get to the countdown of a race going you need to do a few steps.
    -Activate debug mode in Dolphin by putting "-d" in the target box of the properties of a Dolphin shortcut.
    -In the debug window after starting up F-Zero GX, loadstore lwz needs to be turned off.
    -Continue enjoyment of menu screen until game crashes.

Complain to the devs if you want to know more about what they're doing about FP registers.
  4. solstar82

solstar82 New Member

lol...well the devs seems to be doing a good job so far,so no complain..i only hope they can fix it

oh btw,i don't see this LWZ in the debug window..just a column with some numbers like r01 r02 etc
  5. nosound.97

nosound.97 Registered SuperKyo Award Winner!

It's in first dropdown menu in Dolphin-Debugger window
  6. isamu

isamu New Member

Hopefully this will fixed and playable soon :)
  7. Why-Fi

Why-Fi New Member

It's a shame the devs haven't fixed it yet... it's such a great game. One of the best GC games (probably with the best graphics for GC) and one of my faves. But seemingly, getting it to work is going to be harder than getting Brawl to work (Brawl is already working, so...). I am just drooling to the few moments of it I can get of it on Dolphin and they're awesome. This is really an awesome game, even more when rendered in HD, like Dolphin does. :drool:

Oh, and btw, after the game starts to work mad, three little white messages appear on the top of the screen, something about CamPos error or something. They ought to have something to do with the game's camera angles that are not calculated or something like that. I wonder if it's not a problem with Dolphin not calculating trig functions properly (as some trig usage in game uses floating point registers). Just a guess, I'm not a dev or something, nor am I really good at maths. :p
  8. solstar82

solstar82 New Member

yes i was thinking the same about camera too.btw,i still can't find that funciont on debugger...when i open up dolphin in debug mode,onthe taskbar i can see that dolphin open up 6 windows for debugging,yet ican only see one,the one with the colmuns of r01 etc.if i click on one of the other windows(included Debugger),nothing happens...