Problem with the no$gba

Discussion in 'No$GBA Discussion' started by Mistgun, Apr 11, 2010.

1. Mistgun

Mistgun New Member

Hey! I'm kinda new with the no$gba thing, so I don't know much about it.

I have come across a problem.

Last night, I was playing Pokemon SoulSilver for the first time and everything seemed to be working fine. I came across a problem after inputting my characters' name, but my friend helped me fix it. Now, today, I can't even load the game. I open the no$gba and I choose the game and click "Open". Then, after a few seconds, the emulator boots up. The problem is: both top and bottom screens are black, there is no sound, and when I click anywhere on that window (such as: close, minimize, utility, file, etc.), it stops responding and the program turns into a full screen window that I can only minimize. It takes forever to close.

Anyone know how to fix this problem? If you do, it would be great!
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. Baskar

Baskar New Member

020DE16C E1A00000
    020D3FA8 E1A00000

black screen fix. Press Select

I usually have the game load up, start through and hit x/select right off the bat.

Enjoy the freeze-ups - SAVE OFTEN
  4. Mistgun

Mistgun New Member

where do I enter that if I can't even open the no$gba?
  5. Smilley

Smilley Hopeless Optimist

Does removing the .sav file from your battery folder let you try again? Maybe it's just a corrupt savefile.
  6. Kanoshen

Kanoshen New Member

I have a problem kinda like this, but its like, When I load the game, and enable the anti freeze cheat, the emulator crashes.
  7. Squall-Leonhart

Squall-Leonhart NGemu Award Winner Award Winner!

don't use antifreeze cheats till after the game is booted. ....not that they work anyway
  8. Mistgun

Mistgun New Member

And how do I go about doing that?
  9. Squall-Leonhart

....dude

seriously.
  10. zeromus_

zeromus_ desmume coder

Try spritzing it with diluted vinegar and scrubbing with a toilet brush.
  11. Mistgun

Mistgun New Member

I tell you that I am new, and yet you make fun of me because I don't know anything? Real nice. I just want to know how to fix this problem. Once I know, I will be out of your hair.
  12. zeromus_

zeromus_ desmume coder

No, people dont get made fun of for not knowing anything. People get made fun of for refusing to engage their brains and wanting everything spelled out for them. If you report the steps you attempted in order to follow the instructions you were provided, then maybe someone will help you fine-tune them into success.
  13. Mistgun

Mistgun New Member

Okay. Here is the WHOLE THING in detail:

My brother has been using emulators for quite a while now, so he put the emulator and Pokemon Soul Silver onto a usb stick and gave it to me (because I wanted to play it). The folder with the emulator is called no$gba 2.6a and it has various files such as no$gba, no$pmp, no$WTT, no$zoomer, and a bunch more (apparently) related files.

So, I opened it, and the window where I choose the game file came up. I then chose the Pokemon Soulsilver file. After a few seconds, the emulator came up and seemed like it was running properly. It was, so I continued to make my profile and what-not.

I then came across a bug just after the part where my character shrinks. It made the program freeze so it was just black screened. I then asked my friend over msn if he knew how to fix it. So he sent me a code to enter into the cheats menu of the emulator. Apparently it was an Action Replay code, so I chose Action Replay.

After resetting the emulator, I entered the Action Replay code into the cheats menu thing. I know the code worked, because I was able to play the game after the part where it previously froze. I then played the game for about an hour and forty-five minutes. After that, I closed the program.

The next morning, I tried to open it. I opened it with the no$gba program and then selected the exact same game as the night before. So I wait a few seconds for the emulator to open, and it does, but the top and bottom screens were black and there was no sound. I then clicked on one of the toolbar menus (forget which one) and the program stopped responding. I tried to close it, but it took a few minutes.

I tried playing the game a few more times, but every time, the same thing happened.

Now I am here, asking for your guys' help.

Detailed enough?

Oh, as a side note: neither my brother or the friend who was helping me knows how to fix it.
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2010
  14. zeromus_

zeromus_ desmume coder

You were provided instructions to remove the .sav file from your battery folder. Which steps did you attempt, in effort to fulfill these instructions?
  15. Kanoshen

Kanoshen New Member

Just to let you know, since apparently they aren't spelling it out enough for you...the battery folder is in the no$gba folder.
  16. zeromus_

zeromus_ desmume coder

Now you've gone and spoiled it all!
  17. Squall-Leonhart

i'll lend ya my spare hunting rifle, its Kanoshen season.
  18. Mistgun

Mistgun New Member

I did this. Forgot to mention it after I did.

What I did:

Went to my Battery folder, and deleted all the .sav files that I could see.
    After that, I re-opened the no$gba and clicked on the game. Waited.

The outcome:

Still experiencing the same problem.
  19. Smilley

Smilley Hopeless Optimist

Try to delete the No$GBA.ini file, then. If you cannot find it, look for the No$GBA file with the notepad and gear icon.
  20. Mistgun

Mistgun New Member