Program Window POPPING THROUGH!

Discussion in 'ePSXe Discussion' started by Resinut, Apr 9, 2017.

1. Resinut

Resinut New Member

For the last few days we have been playing Sypro The Dragon on ePSXe, in full screen, but every so often the ePSXe main program window keeps popping through and showing up in the full screen gameplay, we have also tried it in Windowed mode with the same result.

As soon as the program window pops up all controls are lost until you click on the game window giving it back it's focus!

Then when I was just typing this very message, the ePSXe program window which WAS in the background popped through on top of CHROME!
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. Resinut

Resinut New Member

ANYBODY got any ideas how to stop this happening?
  4. SquishyPotatoe

SquishyPotatoe New Member

that shouldn't happen

when you play a game on ePSXe the main window always disappears until you press Esc
    This can only mean that you are running another instance of ePSXe- make sure you are running ePSXe only once

also please post a screenshot
  5. Resinut

Resinut New Member

Thanx for the advice. I may have had a second instance of ePSXe running in the background as a task, but there was no second window open when it was doing the popping through.

I've been tinkering with ePSXe and Spyro throughout the day in Windowed and Fullscreen mode and all seems fine at the moment. I even had it running two instances of ePSXe for a while after reading your post and still couldn't get it to replicate the problem. If it happens again, I'll be sure to grab a quick screen to post it.
  6. optimaldarick

optimaldarick New Member

This is the only thread where I can find someone with the same issue. I know I don't have a second ePSXe, and the game will only let me play for about four minutes until the main program window pops up over my fullscreen, causing me to restart. Making it unplayable. Someone, please help.
  7. Resinut

Resinut New Member

Well other than making sure that I was not running another instance of ePSXe the only other things I did was turn off the two GTE Hacks in the option menu, I was running the Widescreen and Subpixel Precision hacks.
  8. dpence

dpence New Member

has to be something else running in the background, it isn't epsxe itself or everyone would have the issue. it is something you are running that is wanting focus on the desktop or rearranging windows, cleaning up the desktop, etc... something of that type of app..could be literally anything, antivirus, screen capture/video app... etc...