Project 64 wont work

Discussion in 'Project 64 Discussion' started by _E_, Oct 1, 2002.

1. _E_

_E_ <font color="#990000"><b>Lurking</b></font>

hey there
    I was trying to emulate my N64 Roms using Project 64 but everytime i try to open it , this message appears: " The memory cannot be allocated" . I usually run my Roms on mu nemu, so they are not bad roms or something, this problem occurs only with Project 64. my specs are :
    AMD Athlon Xp 1800+ 1.54 Ghz
    256 RAM
    Geforce II 100/200 MX 64 MB card
    Win Xp
    ( I have all Project 64 plugins ,but i can configure them, since the program itelf is not responding.........)
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. alexmann

alexmann New Member

i hear sometimes that pj has to be put on compatibility mode when using win xp. try that and see if it helps

forgot to mention the compat mode is like win 98 or win 2000
  4. RockmanForte

RockmanForte Rockman fan

I use XP and its run fine to me.
  5. _E_

didnt work with compability mode :(
  6. alexmann

alexmann New Member

thats nice to know rockman

as for kingstar, maybe try a clean uninstall and a fresh reinstall of the emulator. and did you say the program runs but crash when you open a rom or just crash when you run the program?
  7. RockmanForte

RockmanForte Rockman fan

No. For example, Mega Man 64, Yoshi, Zelda 1 and 2, etc which is percent playable..seem fine to me. I played them continously seem no problem to me. U can try to delete everything and do it again to see whats happening.

What is your OS and video card and everything ? Mine is brand new...2.40ghz, geforce64, 256mb, and xp
  8. _E_

I said before that i am using win XP, Geforce II 100/200 MX 64MB, 256 RAM and Athlon XP 1800+ ,....the games wont run, everytime i try to open it , this error shows up in front of me: " CANNOT ALLOCATE MEMORY" . i tryed to unistall/ reinstall it, but didnt work
  9. RockmanForte

RockmanForte Rockman fan

Okay. I recheck and recheck on my pj64 with xp and no problem at all still but I notice you say " CANNOT ALLOCATE MEMORY" and I suggest you to talk to PJ64 author and he always answer the email. That is something to do with " CANNOT ALLOCATE MEMORY" not your pj64 or games because it have to do with your computer I guess. Go and ask him. I feel bad for you that u want to played it, heh. I hope its help!

Rockmangames
  10. _E_

well,. thanks for your suggestion,........i am gonna try and talk to him, and hopefully, i say again, hopefully, he might reply ,..................... thanks again :)
  11. RockmanForte

RockmanForte Rockman fan

No problem. Let me know how its going, ok ? :)
  12. alexmann

alexmann New Member

i know that you say the roms are good but i was just wondering if you tested them with a rom tool, like goodN64, to be sure
  13. _E_

Actually,......... i found out that the Athlon compability with the emulator is low,......and it looks to me that this is the problem. Anyhow, I checked my roms with good64 before posting this post, so i assure you that all the roms are good. not to mention that some are playable on my nemu64
  14. Caseb

Caseb New Member

I have the same problem, but I haven't fixed it yet. However, the Zelda games USED to work, but that's when I had 512 MB in my computer. I had to remove one of my 256MB sticks in order for my system to run stable.
    Of course, now that I only have 256MB in my comp, I can't run the games that are the largest. Any rom that is 256 mbit or larger will not run, giving me the message:
    "Not enough memory for rom"
  15. Caseb

Caseb New Member

And then...

And then I updated Project64 from 1.5beta1 to 1.5, and everything works fine now.
  16. Snake785

Snake785 Prepare for Descent...

>Any rom that is 256 mbit or larger will not run, giving me the message:
    "Not enough memory for rom"

What?!?! That's very weird. I have 256 MB of RAM and I can run 512Mbit ROMS perfectly fine. You should raise your Virtual Memory settings, then you should be able to run the games over 256 Mbit.
  17. iChriS

iChriS New Member

My mario 64 rom wont work! why is that?
  18. Dax

Dax ライチュウ|タオ

Dunno, you tell us. Also, did you really need to bump a 10 year old thread?

If you want a more useful reply, at least tell us about your PC specs, what emulator you're using, and what game you're playing. Paper Mario? SM64? What?