PS console memory card save files to .mcr

Discussion in 'ePSXe Discussion' started by MMDE, Mar 9, 2010.

1. MMDE

MMDE New Member

I've been looking for a while now, and I still am yet to find a way to get the save files I transferred from my real PS1 console memory card to my PC, to work with ePSXe. I bet there probably is some clever guy who has done it before.

Basically:
    PS1 MC save files --> .mcr

I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, but I did look for it for quite some time >_<
    and thanks in advance! =)
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2010
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. whypowt

whypowt twentyninetyseven

check out memcardrex
  4. MMDE

MMDE New Member

Ok, thanks!
    I hope it works! =D

EDIT:
    I found out how to do it...

here's a guide:

1. You would have to be able to transfer files from your memory card to your PC somehow.
    I did that with PS2Net and ┬ÁLaunch. (Basically: PS2 as FTP server.)

2. Play the game on your computer with ePSXe and make a savefile. (or find one on the internet, just make sure it's for the exact same game/version of game)

3. Open the memory card file where you saved to with ePSXe in PSXGameEdit, and mark the single file you just saved, and click on File->Save Single Game Save.

4. Open the single game save file and the savefile you transferred from your PS memory card, in a HEX editor, like Hex workshop or something... Copy the start (header) of the single game save file's HEX numbers and paste them in the start of the save file from your PS memory card. The start of the single game save ends where the PS memory card save game file starts... with the values SC or in HEX: 5343.

5. Just save the file and rename the extension of the file to .mcs

6. Now it's time to put this single savefile into a whole memory card file... this is easily done with an application like PSXGameEdit. PSXGameEdit can't save to .mcr though, so save it to .mc, and then open it in MemcardRex, and from there save as .mcr ! =D

Do the reverse if you want to transfer files FROM ePSXe to an actual PS memory card!

(source: Loading saves to PSX memcards without any special hardware
    I just did reverse of what he wrote there! xD)
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2010
  5. whypowt

whypowt twentyninetyseven

a dexdrive[winXP only?] or home made adapter>pc serial port, or usb psx memcard adapter>ps3>usb flashdrive>pc [then memcardrex to convert] are other options.

nice to know it can be done on ps2 aswell.
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2010