Next Generation Emulation banner

PS1 Games NOT WORKING on Modded PS2

8K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  TheCloudOfSmoke 
#1 ·
I bought my PS2 modded, so I dunno which Mod-Chip it has, but I can't play any burned PS1 games, when burned PS2 games work just fine. Plz. HELP !!!

#2 ·
Sometimes there's a procedure that you have to do before you play a backup PS1 game. You might have to do something with the reset button or something. You could open up your PS2 and look at the chip and you'll be able to see the name of it. Then you can find out what the boot procedure is for that chip.

#5 ·
Some chips just don't support ps1 games, or some do, but support them horribly. Like the others said, take the ps2 apart and see what chip you have so that you can check to see if there is a procedure. It could be that you chip supports ps1 games, but the chip just wasn't wired to points on the board required for ps1 backups. My modbo 2.1 took a long time to install and a lot of patience, so if you find that you need to do extra work for whatever reason, make sure you know what you are doing so that you don't screw anything up.

Also, emulation for backups would also work great for most games ;)

#6 ·
One of the chips (Mars pro) works this way:
Press the power button until the light in the eject button appears, then reset the Ps2 two times in a row. It must not be done quickly but not slowy either, there is a timing.
I have the Mars II and that's the boot procedure for booting PS1 games. Just be careful if you open up your PS2. It was almost impossible for me to get to the motherboard of it because of the way the screws were tightened. The difficulty depends on what type of PS2 you have. I have one of the older ones so I don't know how hard the slim PS2s are. Also make sure that you don't accidentally pull on the wire connecting to your modchip, they are really thin and very delicate.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.