PS2 and PC monitor

Discussion in 'Misc Console Discussion' started by Syed Fawad, Mar 14, 2002.

1. Syed Fawad

Syed Fawad -PM to advertise here-

How do you connect a PS2 to a Computer monitor ?
    will there be any difference in the graphics?
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. Cajunspirit

Cajunspirit New Member

Ummm no....
    And i'm not sure but you'll probably need an ATI card.
    Oh yeah and make sure you get one of those connector thingy's with the colour coded thing.(red,white and yellow)
  4. cshakenbake

cshakenbake ordinary nerd

well, as a tv has at most 640x480 res it will look really bat compared to computer games on the same monitor. i play my computer games on a big screen tv and i can put the res at that and get awesome frames for good graphics
  5. Syed Fawad

So u mean if I connect a monitor to a PS2 than it won't look good? will it look like a normal PC game running at 640x480?
  6. Kane

Kane 邪魔ゎ指せない Contributors

*Sighs* I wish people would think before they answer, Cajunspirit.
    The PS2 can be hooked up to a monitor via a Line doubler adaptor which doubles the scan frequency of the PS2's output.
    In layman's terms, it takes the TV based (S-Video quality) output of the PS2, and makes it compatible with a monitor. You can get the adaptor from www.lik-sang.com
    Where the hell you got ATI card from, I don't know.
    The quality of the output is equal or a little better than a good TV with an S-Video cable.
    The other option is to use a TV card. The bad point about that is that you tend to get artifacts while de-interlacing, which can make the image look quite bad.
  7. lealwai

lealwai New Member

isn't there a vga box? it would be quite simple if there was.
  8. Kane

That's what I'm saying. There is a VGA box at www.lik-sang.com but it don't work like the DC one, and isn't as crisp.
  9. Bgnome

Bgnome <b>Who Da Gnome? </b> Contributors

thats because the DC software was programmed to utilize higher resolution when using a vga box whereas a psx/ps2 vga box is only an adapter.
  10. Syed Fawad

I can't find a vga box here in Pakistan. So will I be disappointed when I use some sorta tv tuner card with video input or SVHS in? These are easily available and cheap too. Too bad I don't have a credit card. There are so many goodies online which you can't find in stores.
    Another thing, will I be able to take snaps when I use the above mentioned card using aldo's capture (or something)?
    Will the card affect the ps2 frame rate on the PC?
  11. Kane

With the VGA box, no, but if you use the TV card, yes.
  12. Syed Fawad

Thanks for your answer Kane, but may I have the pleasure of knowing the question which you answered? There were three questions.