PSX/PS2 Memory Card Question

Discussion in 'Misc PSX Discussion' started by Zoatebix, Dec 20, 2004.

1. Zoatebix

Zoatebix New Member

Does anyone know if it's possible to get PSXMemTool and PS2 Save Builder to talk to each other?

Here's what I'm trying to do:
    I really want to hear the chorus when I fight Sephiroth. Unfortunately, I have the PC version of Final Fantasy 7, and general midi and sound fonts do not a full choral arrangement make. The solution: move my PC save file to a playstation memory card and borrow someone's FF7 disc three.

I used PSXMemTool to turn my one of my Final Fantasy 7 PC saves into a single PSX memory card block. I can export the block in a lot of file formats, but none of them seem compatable with PS2 Save Builder. The reason I want to use PS2 Save Builder is because Save Builder can export in ".max" format - I have a Playstation 2 and a Datel USB Max Drive for PS2/PC.

So is there anyway to turn a single PSX memory card block into a format that my Max Drive can use? Is there a work-around? Something even better? If at all possible, I'd like to avoid searching Ebay for a Dex Drive, though I know that's a possible solution.

Thanks so much everyone, and happy holidays!
    -Z
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. Bgnome

Bgnome <b>Who Da Gnome? </b> Contributors

even if you got the save file onto a ps2 memcard, you still need a psx memcard to work with a psx game.

best option for you would be to import the memcard into epsxe or some other psx emulator and play the psx disc on your pc. if you fiddle with the sound plugins, you should get the same sound if not better than you would get on the true console.
  4. Zoatebix

Zoatebix New Member

Looks like I left a step out of my explaination - I do have a playstation memcard for playing PSX games. I was hoping to transfer from PC to Max drive, Max drive to PS2 mem card, and PS2 memcard to PSX mem card.

Anyways, that's a great idea, Bgnome - thanks!