PSXeven Legend of Dragoon black screen

Discussion in 'PSXeven Discussion' started by linzel97, Jun 20, 2008.

1. linzel97

linzel97 New Member

Hey, i was playing legend of dragoon on psxeven and i made it to the black castle in disc one. Then when i walked through a door into another area which would normally cause the game to go black for 2 seconds and the music to keep playing, but this time the screen stays black and the music keeps playing. I know that my character hasnt loaded into the other area because the buttons dont work. Please help. My last saved point is right after Helena Prison about 1 hour into the game:(
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. Lord Budweiser

Lord Budweiser One of the most...

Try using another emulator. I reccomend ePSXe 1.7.0. It can read PSXeven saves easily.
  4. linzel97

linzel97 New Member

ok ill try that, but how would i load the save states?
  5. karas81

karas81 .:Enigmatic Protagonist:.

1- To use Save state feature in ePSXe, do as fellow :
    F1 : To save a state (while playing).
    F2 : To chose which SState to load by the emu.
    F3 : To load the chosen state.

I didn't tried what Lord Budweiser said, but according to him you must copy your saved-data (files) to the ePSXe emu folder (mem-cards or Save-states).

2- About the original problem with PSXeven, can you tell me what plugins you used with (especially the CD-R one ?).
  6. linzel97

linzel97 New Member

cdrXeven.dll, gpuPeopsSoft114.dll, padSeguDIKey.dll, SpuNull7.dll, spuPeopsDSound.dll

now i have another problem. i transfered the states over and my epsxe is detecting it, but when i press F3 to load it, it shuts down and the internet explorer error pops up. Please help me!
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2008
  7. karas81

karas81 .:Enigmatic Protagonist:.

OK, we will try updating some stuff around....Wait a few moments...

EDIT :----------------------------------------------------------
    1- Get MY PLUGINS FOLDER, then extract & copy all the DLL files into the PSXeven's plugin folder.
    (NOTE : you must delete your current plugins before copying mine :p, 'cause they're too much old).

2- Config your PSXeven emulator as fellow :

/* Go To : */
    [​IMG]

/* THEN */
    [​IMG]

/* CHOSE PLUGINS AS DESCRIBED BELLOW */
    [​IMG]

/*DOUBLE CLICK ON A PLUGIN TO CONFIG ITS OPTIONS */
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

/* FOR GAMEPADs JUST MAP YOUR GAMEPAD/KEYBOARD AS YOU DESIRE */
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

NOW run your game, load your SState and try continuing your game play till the point where the problem is.
    Land me some results.
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2008
  8. linzel97

linzel97 New Member

Sorry, I was gone for a while, but i configured this morning and see that its loading the saved states and bringing me to exactly where I was at... to the black screen, music works, and cant move. Just a black screen with some repeating music
  9. hushypushy

hushypushy <font color=#FFFFFF><b>the only one you've ever SE Contributors

Don't load off save states. You'll just be loading the corrupted data and your changed settings probably won't have any effect.

You should only load off save states if you're sure everything is going fine. When you're troubleshooting or trying to get something to work, use memory card saves.
  10. linzel97

linzel97 New Member

oh ok, so there's nothing i can really do then?
  11. jonc2006

jonc2006 God of Douchebagness™

you dont have a memory card save at all?
  12. nme

nme New Member

Hi,
    I have exactly the same problem. It happened quite often during the first disc. Any house I entered in Lohan or Logan, whatever, the screen just went black. I just started all over from the last save point (so not state) and it worked. The whole second disc (I downloaded the game from a torrent) I didn't have any problems. But now I'm at the end of Disc 2, defeated that water dragoon biotch, get the level ups and that's it. just a black screen. Don't know what it is...starting over doesn't work anymore. I'll give it a coupla more shots. If that doesn't work, so be it. The game sux anyways, nothing compared to Final Fantasy
  13. BakedPotato

BakedPotato New Member

LOL ^^^ how does it suck? lenus is easy sauce. regole dies quick. get to melbu and see if u can defeat him. id say its about the same as ff. being as tho i have played ff7 several times.

however i am currently on the same issue at the same part. lol
    Last edited: May 8, 2011