PSXFin gameshark/cheats

Discussion in 'pSX Discussion' started by savageasian, Feb 7, 2007.

1. savageasian

savageasian New Member

So I stayed home sick from school today and decided I wanted to play some playstation games on the computer.
    so I downloaded ePSXe but it kept lagging for me.

I switched to PSXFin and it works PERFECTLY
    I'm really happy with it but was wondering
    is there a psxfin version of PEC, or is there a way to use PEC with psxfin?

if not, is there any other form of cheats like gameshark, etc?

thanks =]
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. Light Fire

Light Fire New Member

mmm but this forums are for pSX no for PSXfin
  4. Gamesoul Master

Gamesoul Master pSX Troubleshooter/Fanboy

@Light Fire: LMAO... savageasian *is* talking about pSX... the executable is called "psxfin.exe".

@savageasian: Actually, there *is* a non-plugin version of PEC which can be used with pSX. It's called CEP, and though it doesn't always work, it's certainly the only way to cheat with pSX without having some pretty serious knowledge of hex-editing and the programs to do it with. You can find the support/download thread for CEP here.

EDIT: I'd like to add... you may also use any PS1 cheat device (like Gameshark) with pSX, as long as it doesn't require something like a serial port attachment (which is rare anyway, but they're out there).
  5. soulabyss

soulabyss New Member

the link for fileden doesnt work for me every time i try to register it has an error then says that my info is already in their data base but when i try to get it to send a activation email to me it says that my info is not in their data base.... so help? sry if im a pest have spent the llast 4-6 hours trying links.....
  6. Gamesoul Master

Please don't necro a thread nearly 3 years old for something unrelated. Anyway, Fileden has been having problems the last day or two, but the issues seem mostly sorted out now.
  7. soulabyss

soulabyss New Member

it is related.... because it was the link in your post that led me to another page. with the fileden link.....
  8. Gamesoul Master

Oh. That's a broken link actually. Thank you for bringing it to my attention. I'll get that fixed up. That upload was on the one account at Fileden I let go, hence why it doesn't work anymore (I thought I fixed all the links I had to that account). The rest of my accounts are active still though.

Nevermind. It seems that Fileden is still having problems. Something about the files not being properly CHMODed. Anyway, here is a working link to the file.
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2009
  9. dukeraider2

dukeraider2 New Member

got to stop you there codebreaker works and works well i might add but im in a i just love it one problem :( i want to update the iso to include new entries does anybody know of a way to do this. the reason why i want to patch the codebreaker iso to update it that i like the fact of not having to load additional program to cheat. and cheat entry takes to dang long
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2009