Psxvram appication - a save state viewer

Discussion in 'Misc PSX Discussion' started by Zster, Aug 26, 2010.

1. Zster

Zster New Member

Quite some time ago I released an application to view the psx video memory in save states. It didn't work for everybody (I suspect zlib) and as it was coded in blitz there was not much I could do. I've subsequently done a version in C and its much faster. Its statically linked too so there's not problems with DLL's.

Basical the application allows you to view the contents of the psx video memory at the time of the save. This will let you save any textures in memory (not the models). Its tricker than you think as you have to apply palettes but reading the included readme should help. I've compressed it using 7zip but winzip should still be able to unzip it. Enjoy!
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2010
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. RacingFreak

RacingFreak New Member

*bump*

Hello Zster, thank you very much for this 'version 2' of psxvram. I see it a lot improved, but I have one question though. Could you possible add PCSX2 emulator savestates feature? Thanks.
  4. Zster

Zster New Member

There are some texture ripper programs that will rip textures from your graphic card vram which will get you the textures with the correct palette applied so there's really no need for this on ps2
  5. RacingFreak

RacingFreak New Member

Thank you for the reply! Actually I did take a look at some tools of such kind, but no luck so far, it's way harder than psxvram :/

BTW, can you by any chance share the source code of it, possible it will give developers ideas for PS2VRAM.

Thank you :)