Random gaming talk

Discussion in 'Game/Console Discussion' started by Xblade, Oct 5, 2010.

1. Thanakil

Thanakil Wheee Award Winner!

Looks like Grim Dawn will have it's own Kickstarter very soon.

"$300k would be enough for us to bring on 2-3 more people full-time, which would be a HUGE help."

"We're basically at this point right now where we have the technology mostly finished, the core gameplay is fully functioning and actually quite fun but it is just taking a looooonnnggg time to build out content. Just as an example, we currently have a backlog of 5 monsters that are finished but waiting on animation. Our animator is working as hard as he can but he lost a few weeks crunching on that Warhammer 40k MMO."

They're also planning to take part in KickItForward.
    http://kickingitforward.org/

Grim Dawn looks like an interesting Diablo/HacknSlash game. It's been in development forever, so it would be nice to at least get it done.
  2. Kaiser Sigma

Kaiser Sigma ~ Lord of Darkness ~

Actually, you are going to laugh your ass off (saying that in a good way) with Kid Icarus. The banters are just terribly funny, the only problem is that you have to invest a good amount of time getting used to the controls and to be honest, your hand's going to be in pain if you play for extended periods of time~.
  3. Thanakil

World of Darkness (MMO based on the Vampire : The Masquerade/Requiem) in-game footage, showing a small area in an empty city.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=a6PZBSxspvc

A little bit of information was also released :
    - Players will be able to appoint Princes (leaders) to cities.
    - Permanent-death will be in the game, in some way.
    - The game will focus on hand-to-hand combat and the use of special powers.
    - The game will focus on 3 different types of gameplay : low-conflict focusing on social/casual, high conflict focusing on politics/manipulation, sandbox and control of cities
    - They're aiming for as few loading screens as possible, for players to be able to move from one area to the next and stay in the same world.

And I quite sadly don't expect it before 2015.
  4. Smilley

Smilley Hopeless Optimist

My first thought about this game was that it should be shipped with a storyline creator, like Neverwinter Nights. Maybe with an option for a storyteller who could take care of dialogue in real-time and trigger certain events on-the-fly based on the players' reactions.
    On other topics, I seriously think the city control/Prince nomination thing will get out of hand as soon as one group becomes too powerful. It happened in Perfect World; not long after territory control was added, one clan began to take over every territory, and they had enough high-level manpower to stand up to any up-and-coming new clan. It didn't count for much except some discount at shops and increased drop rates in controlled territory, but still...
  5. Paratech

Paratech Active Member

Man, Luxor 5th passage is difficult. No I'm not playing "easy", I'm playing "medium." It took 4 attempts to clear that level.

I love the Luxor games though.
  6. Ahielia

Ahielia I'm sexy and I know it!

[​IMG]
    This is how I feel when I bard in Rift.
  7. Paratech

Paratech Active Member

I'm up to level 8 on Luxor 5th passage, level 6 was a PIA yesterday, 7 was difficult.

My Sim is about to croak on Sims 3. I'm liking the game. I will hopefully do better with the next Sim.
  8. Radix865

Radix865 Tentacular

Why, why, why, why, why, why, why, why, why, why, why, why an MMO? Why!?!

And they showed a video about an empty part of a city that could be basicly from any game... That's gotta mean it's gonna be awesome!:thumb:

Bah, I've ranted enough...
  9. Princess Garnet

Princess Garnet From Love and Limerence

How'd you manage that one!? The game is very easy. I'll let you have my sim... if you promise not to kill me!
  10. Paratech

Paratech Active Member

He's at the "End" of his "life"... Old age.

They die at some point...I think the reaper is coming soon for him.
  11. Princess Garnet

Oh, okay. I thought you meant some other way.
  12. Thanakil

Why a MMO? Because CCP are actually pretty good at making something different when it comes to MMO.

EVE is, in many ways, the anti-MMO.
    It looks like WoD will follow a similar system, and I can't say that's a bad idea.

And really, the city video is just to show they have a working engine, it's the first real video and they're still a long way from releasing the game.
  13. Paratech

Paratech Active Member

He died, he got reaped.

I'm starting a "new" family, single mother.

:p
  14. DarkSamus

DarkSamus PC game modder Award Winner!

Put his plot in the backyard and you will get a ghost version of him out of it ;)
  15. Gladiator@

Gladiator@ ༼ つ◕◕ ༽つ _________ ༼ つ◕◕ ༽つ _________ ༼ つ◕◕ ༽つ

STALKER, Metro or Fallout, which one is the best game/series?
  16. Thanakil

Personally, I find that Fallout 1/2/New vegas beat the other series.
    Fallout 3 comes after the other series, but it's not a bad game.

Between Stalker and Metro, it's harder. Stalker has more potential but feels like it often lacks direction. Metro is the opposite.
    I think that if you take the time to get into them, the Stalker games beat metro. If you want something easier to get into, Metro before Stalker.
  17. Princess Garnet

My sim is still on offer.
  18. snickothemule

snickothemule I could kill a building. Junior Contributor Award Winner!

Metro 2033 is a glorious game, looks incredible, feels incredibly immersive, has quite enjoyable challenges and a lot to look for if you take your time, such as listening in on people talking, disarming traps, being stealthy etc. Then there is Ranger mode which makes the challenge all the better, but only if you aren't sick of the story.

Has plenty of options to take in missions, the Russian voice acting is great and the atmosphere is dripping. I have encountered a game breaking bug where I can't continue past for some reason so there is that to consider, but with a sequel on the way that looks better than the 2033, it is quite the attractive game.
  19. Xblade

Xblade Drowning in a red state.

Was playing for about 4 hours today. Thought the game autosaved, I remembered it didn't and went to save.........and BOOM ,it crashed mid save.

I know what game I'm not playing anymore.....
  20. Noja87

Noja87 Unlimited...

Havent played Metro but STALKER is amazing and Fallout is boring.