Random gaming talk

Discussion in 'Game/Console Discussion' started by Xblade, Oct 5, 2010.

1. Thanakil

Thanakil NGemu Award Winner Award Winner!

The cards are just not designed to make use of DX12 overall. The 1000 series received small tweaks, but nothing major.
    In most games, current Nvidia cards receive either no benefits or very small benefits from DX12. In a few games, performance is lower. With that said, AMD currently doesn't have a good competitor for the 1070 and 1080.
    The 1070 is still a good card, it has a lot of raw power. It might not be the best long-term upgrade if looking forward with DX12 games, but it is currently performing very well in present games.

AMD next cards still have a relatively vague release date, simply aimed at the first half of 2017. If they have equal DX11 performance to the 1070 and 1080, they'd be big winners in DX12.
    The issue is having to wait for cards which may or may not be good. But it's nearly guaranteed it'll lead to lower prices for the 1070 and the 1080.
    Kellicros likes this.
  2. Hyuga

Hyuga Classic Games Lover

Shadow Jago is the same price you know, and has been like that since the beginning. He doesn't bundle with any of the seasons either, you must buy him separately.
  3. Paratech

Paratech Active Member

If I could play Dead or Alive 5 on my PC, I'd buy the Mai DLC for $8. :p
  4. Strike105X

Strike105X ヒットハード&高速 Award Winner!

^Its not that of a demanding game regardless of what specs say I'd be surprised if it didn't work at 720p, and yes Mai is worth it, brought her myself XD.
  5. Paratech

Paratech Active Member

On my quad core? I thought it needed an I5?

I might try the demo.

What the heck, I uninstalled Tropico 5 and Grid 2 and am downloading the F2P version of Dead or Alive 5.

Thanks for the advice.
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2017
  6. Strike105X

Even a dual core is enough for DOA 5. It's your graphics card you should be woried :p. Good luck ^^.
  7. Kaiser Sigma

Kaiser Sigma ~ Lord of Darkness ~

I recently got back into PC gaming, but I'm still missing a gamepad. Given most of it is through Steam I was pretty much dead set on getting a wired XBOX 360 gamepad (if I can ever find one) but I was wondering if there're other supported devices of comparable or better quality~.

What do most of you use on PC~?
  8. Strike105X

Here most of us are on Xbox 1s gamepads, pretty awesome piece of work, but there are some very few 360 pad games that don't work properly, thou I currently only found 4, hawx 1/2, dead or alive 5, and there was one old racing game.
  9. Kaiser Sigma

From what I've seen about the One's gamepads is that they are all wireless. I hate wireless (plus, they are expensive at least down here) that's why I was thinking about getting the old 360 wired one (granted, I can't find it anywhere)~.
  10. Strike105X

You can make it wired, if you use a usb, mini usb cable, that's the beauty of it, if you ever change your mind you can also wirelessly.
    Kaiser Sigma likes this.
  11. Kellicros

Kellicros retired Contributors

XBOX360 gamepad will work well, but I seriously hated the DPAD on my XBOX360 wireless controller which I have been using for a long time. Xbox One S controller is probably the best controller with native support from Windows as of now.

If you have a PS4/PS3 controller lying around and don't mind the different face buttons prompts in game, they should work via Dinput when connected with USB cable. You will need third party drivers/tools to get them working in Xinput.

Personally, I have a Dualshock 3 connected to my PC via a cheap bluetooth dongle, and it's been my favorite controller for PC gaming since.

EDIT: like Strikey said, even the wireless XBOX360 controller will work without batteries, via a dedicated USB cable.
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2017
    Kaiser Sigma likes this.
  12. Kaiser Sigma

I had no idea about the mini usb cable thing, that's actually a cool bit of info that may help me narrow down what I want. Thanks for the heads up~.
  13. @ruantec

@ruantec Crazy GFX coder Emu Author

The XB1 S controller is by far the best controller to use on Windows and the best controller right now. We even have a club here of awesome XB1 S controller owners. However, our ruler and lord is Hyuga with his XB1 Elite controller.
    Hyuga and Samor like this.
  14. Strike105X

One thing about the xb1s dpad, while i do love it and it works phenomenal for shooters, rpgs, emulating classics like nes, snes, sega master system, it's bad for fighting games. Last note is that if you do get it get the s one.

Your only other decent option besides xb1 & 360 is the ds4, same connectivity options as xb1 pad, and has official steam support, exactly the same as the steam controller. Sorry I'm on phone so I'm writing in engrish...
  15. Samor

Samor Foundry

I use my XB1 pad wired on pc.
  16. Paratech

Paratech Active Member

I was able to play Dead or Alive on my PC in windowed 720 mode. I may try fullscreen. I won arcade mode easy with Kasumi.

If I can, I'll snag the DLC when its 50% off. BTW, my first opponent was Mai! :p
  17. Strike105X

Awesome, nice knowing it's working for you to ^^.
  18. koko

koko ! Award Winner!

https://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Xb...483722146&sr=8-6&keywords=xbox one controller

You'll get a cable instead of batteries. But I think that is not the updated one that featured textured grip.
  19. Paratech

Paratech Active Member

It seems to play fine in 720 full screen mode. I just tried tag practice with it. I couldn't exit to main menu from practice though? I had to alt f4 to close the game. It didn't read my 360 controller start and back buttons right....

Thanks for getting me to try it.
  20. Strike105X

Wierd, it does have problems with the xb1 pad but it played fine with the xbox 360, but last i did it with the 360 pad was prior to the core fighters update of the game. Good thing is that the game looks great at 720p, for me at least, with not much a difference from 1080p, though i am using reshade. If you have a d-input gamepad you could also use that, as the game prefers d-input. Personally I use the ds4 when playing it.

As for the rest np, I love the game so i like seeing others enjoy it as well, doa fans are rare:p.