Random gaming talk

Discussion in 'Game/Console Discussion' started by Xblade, Oct 5, 2010.

1. Silenus

Silenus Pilgrim Junior Contributor

I've seen deals of xbox 1 pads for 30 something.
    I highly recommend it too.
  2. Hyuga

Hyuga Classic Games Lover

The Elite controller is the best one I've used ever by far, and it's really good for fighters with its octagonal overlay. I also have Steam controller which I consider pretty good too :)
  3. Lasnap

Lasnap Elven-Dragon Mage

I personally use a DS3 on PC with SCPToolkit now since it works with Windows 10 and both my laptops and desktops built in bluetooth adapters since I don't use bluetooth for anything else I figured why not go wireless. I also have the Playstation 3 in my room as well so its easy enough for me to just plug the DS3 quickly into each of the different devices to switch between them for wireless. I also have a charging cradle for my DS3 and when I am on the go with my laptop I can just use the cable to keep it charged while I play. Works perfectly for me for emulators and PC games. Its sort of my preferred method of control for gaming on my laptop so I don't have to be hunkered down in a chair with my arms at an odd angle for keyboard/mouse.

But yes the XBone controller does indeed work by either wired or wireless and the newer ones work over bluetooth so you don't have to spend money on the Microsoft wireless dongle for them. This is in stark contrast to the older 360 controller when you needed a wired controller to get it working wired and the wireless one requires the Microsoft or a Chinese knock off dongle to get working on PC.
  4. Paratech

Paratech Active Member

Frag, I really enjoy playing DOA5 on my PC. Someone wanted to play against me online when I was playing as Ayane in Arcade mode. I won both matches even though I lost the first battle in the 2nd match.

I lost the final battle (8th match) in Arcade mode with Ayane, but that wasn't bad for my first try with her.

When I can afford to, I'll pick the game up for $20 when its on sale.

It's nice to know on Dead or Alive I have a chance to win matches against human opponents unlike Ultra Street Fighter 4 where everyone is better than me.

Yes, when I snag the $20 bundle, I'll snag Mai as well.

It felt easier than the Vita version.
  5. snickothemule

snickothemule brb gonna go fist the world lol Junior Contributor Award Winner!

Holy shit this months Humble Monthly Bundle was stacked, Jotun and Mother Russia Bleeds are two games I've been eyeing off for a while, project cars, Vermintide, Neon Chrome, mah gawd it's a good start to the year.

Next month has Xcom 2.
  6. @ruantec

@ruantec Crazy GFX coder Emu Author

The game now ask for the damn update... is there a workaround until MS fixes the mess? that's one of the moments i miss console gaming....
  7. Strike105X

Strike105X ヒットハード&高速 Award Winner!

To bad it doesn't feature proper multiplayer options, it would've been cool to play together :p.
  8. Yeloazndevil

Yeloazndevil Administrator Staff Member

block windows store IP in firewall or router for now or disable the windows store processes
  9. Thanakil

Thanakil NGemu Award Winner Award Winner!

It should currently be safe to update. The developer build should have been replaced with the build they originally wanted people to be updated to.
    It's possible it'll still ask you to redownload the entire game to update to the new version of the game. If that happens, there isn't really anything to be done about it. But your internet should be good for it.
  10. Paratech

Paratech Active Member

I guess Killer Instinct needs a 2GB Video Card, it also wants an I5 CPU.

Oddly enough, Can you run this? listed Dead or Alive 5 Last Round as playable on my PC. I guess I thought I checked it on their site and never did.

I see there's a Definitive Edition of Killer Instinct with all the characters from Season 1 - 3 for $39.95. That isn't a bad price.
  11. @ruantec

Thank you guys... i paused the download yesterday and today i wanted to check an it already downloaded 49GB out of the 51.94GB. Strange it started to download automatically.... damn you Microsoft!
  12. Strike105X

Don't take system requirements at true value, they are exaggerated and usually for high settings 1080p or more, since you got a quad core except for avx instruction sets (since yours doesn't seem to have it) you can down right ignore cpu requirements in many cases, even if it might bottleneck you in some cases, especially if you take it to 3.4-3.5ghz most games will work pretty well, with the worst that can happen you being limited to 720p on low, or at 30 fps. Your most limiting factor is the graphics card.

Just as an example, the i5 requirement didn't stop me from playing ki with a g3258, a simple dual core, and that was maxed out at 1080p.
  13. Silenus

Silenus Pilgrim Junior Contributor

--
    So much stuff to do in Rise of Tomb Raider.
    Liking the game a lot.
  14. Yeloazndevil

most pc specs for games are inflated because of xb1 and ps4

also 3 more days until the Tales of Berseria demo on steam which is likely the same demo japan got on ps4 last year
  15. Paratech

Paratech Active Member

***EDIT***

I beat Arcade easy with Ayane. I also beat survival with Kasumi. Those are the only 2 characters of the 4 I like that are in the free version.

Hopefully I'll have some money to spend on the game when its on sale for $20 the next time (all the DLC I want.)

I'll eventually get Mai later after I've put some time into the other characters.

***EDIT***

So I probably could run Lego Avengers even though it lists my PC as a shade weak for minimum specs?
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2017
  16. @ruantec

The Forza Horizon 3 download is ready and it seems to work as it should. No issues with saves etc. except for the fact that it works pretty well and there is no more low-resolution textures on my cars like on previous version.

---------------------------------------------

On a random gaming thought..... i just learned how to play Far Cry Primal and boy.... the game is so much fun and awesome. Getting animals as my companions and command them to attack is such a great idea. Creating strategies and hunting around is also pretty good. First FarCry game that i really like taking in mind i stopped playing it because i didn't knew what to do lol.
  17. Strike105X

If its this game: http://store.steampowered.com/app/405310/ it should be fine, even with your current gpu, but take my advice for next time, even if you buy used, don't ever buy a low end graphics card again, they have the worst quality/performance per dollar ratio.

Currently, the only game you couldn't run cpu wise i can think of is mafia, because of the avx instruction set.
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2017
  18. Yeloazndevil

I have said multiple times I would send a 560 or a 660 ti for free to paratech, not like I would ever use those 2 gpus ever again.
    Silenus likes this.
  19. Strike105X

With a bit of a cpu overclock those cards would let him play nicely most games at even 1080p.
  20. Yeloazndevil

I found it funny how this is the best part of FF15 :p

I missed this being used as the staff roll

my favorite dungeon music in any FF game.
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2017